Sign in to follow this  
vektorboson

Aces airport textures release

Hello all,

I created some airport-textures and release it as an ACES-project

(ACES = AirCraft Equipment Standard, something like JAM for planes).

This addon is intented to be used by island creators, but first some pictures:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

You may download the textures and a sample island under

Airport Textures and Sample Island

Some info:

The textures are 512x512 in size and they are compatible with Nogova's dark grass texture (t1.paa). You may use them freely, you may modify them and you may take them out of the PBO and put into another PBO. It would be nice if you could give others the same rights to the derived work, but it is not mandatory.

this is opening the doors to bigger and better airports in the future! especially with MapFacts Airport Buildings... lets go island makers!! make us a airport to be proud of!!

01.jpg

USAF must have purchased their tires from Firestone.  tounge_o.gif

Very nice, overall.  biggrin_o.gif

Is it possible to make them match with Eden groundtextures? I would use this for my Airport, it's bigger than the normals. But my Island uses Eden groundtextures *sorry*. Very good job!

Is it possible to make them match with Eden groundtextures? I would use this for my Airport, it's bigger than the normals. But my Island uses Eden groundtextures *sorry*. Very good job!

I planned to make different versions anyway, like Nogova Desert (the same base texture as Nogova Airport). But they are not as complete as the released version; of course I could make an Everon version, it's just swapping the base texture :-)

Nice clean textures there  smile_o.gif

only one thing though .... i couldnt find a sample Island  sad_o.gif

edit:nvm i wasnt looking hard enough smile_o.gif (its called Malden (double) for anyone else wink_o.gif

Great work VB!

Hopefully many people will use your textures, that would really improve many islands for aircraft fanatics like me smile_o.gif