Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Upcoming lost brother addons

Ahh my beauty. But Hayal, Mishtara uses dark blue or grey Sufas not green (at least these I ve seen on the streets of Yesha). biggrin_o.gif Anyway can you post more pics of this beauty? Oh and can you make movable anti stone wireshield on the windscreen, so player would be able to move it up and down?

The problem is that the goggles can not be lowered or raised inside the tank so its useless in the turned out view unless you kept the goggles fixed over their eyes.  Also the AI can not use animations in the tanks either.  

Fixed goggles in the lowered position would make them look odd outside the tank.  Even in desert areas, it is rare to see pictures of IDF tankers with goggles on.   Usually only the commander wears them.  In IDF tanks it seems that the driver almost always drives "turned in" in real life especially on the Merkava tanks and Magach 7 tanks.  I think that is because with all the extra armor on the turret there is not much room for the driver's head to stick out.

At any rate no matter which we use, people are likely to complain about the goggles.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yea but you can script the goggles to automatically lower when inside a vehicle and probably even figure out how to have them automatically raise/lower when a unit turns out/in, but thats a maybe.

Well the problem with scripts and with two different crews is that they don't work with vehicles that have a specific crew assigned to them unless we made two of all armor vehicles which would be kinda silly. The scripting problem is kinda like the random faces. They don't work usually on vehicle crews when they're inside their vehicles especially when they are assigned to that vehicle. Its a real pain in the ass to script.

Also I just don't see many modern pics on the net or on the news of IDF crews wearing goggles. I know some people would think they would look cooler but its the same as some people thinking SF always look cooler with those yellow sunglasses even those are hardly ever worn by SF.

At any rate, hopefully nobody will be too upset if the tank crews don't have goggles. A few of our other units will have them especially the civilian SF units.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hello.. i have one screen from my work at Light Machine Gun Dror..

barreldror.jpg

im complete only barrel bacause i dont have a time in this month

Ooofff....i'm going crazy with all this problems with goggles. If it's so big problem to use crew with goggles so we won't use it... but we still can make a version with goggles and everyone who want will be able to add it to our vehicles in the editor. The same thing we need to do with the other units too.

OK...let's stop with it..

Now it's time for a little present for FireflyPL biggrin_o.gif

I know that sufa must be gray and i'll make it gray...but not now..ok???

sufa33ge.jpg

Why must/should the Sufa be gray?

Also, shouldn't the protective window grate mesh be finer, i.e., smaller squares?

Kol hakavod Hayal!! Keep up good work. I cant wait to finaly get it in my hands smile_o.gif

Avon, all Sufot I ve seen were either grey (army) or blue (mishtara). I ve never seen green one.

ahshav ani ose sufa shel haMishtara veHi tsriha leyot khula o afora...kshe ani esayem ota ani eese sufa tsvait veHi yehie beTseva yarok...atem mevinim?? (ooofff... eyze kashe ze lirshom beIvrit smile_o.gif )

Hayal @ Aug. 16 2005,10:42)]ahshav ani ose sufa shel haMishtara veHi tsriha leyot khula o afora...kshe ani esayem ota ani eese sufa tsvait veHi yehie beTseva yarok...atem mevinim??

ok, achshav ani jodea ma ata rotze laasot. lo raiti sufot batzeva yarok aval im raita sufot batzeva yarok, ze beseder. ein li sheelot, ani mevin hakol.

Hayal @ Aug. 16 2005,10:42)](ooofff... eyze kashe ze lirshom beIvrit smile_o.gif )

ken, ze nachon. od ani lo yodea madua dvarim ivri lo ovdim bakvutzat diun hazot, kesher rotzim lichtov odea beIvrit banghead.gif.

smile_o.gif Lad`s and Gent`s, please keep in mind, that this is an forum where we have to use the english language.

@ [iDF] HAYAL

Sufa looks good. But why it has to be gray, I don`t know if this has been answered in your latest post. huh.gif

Sufa looks good. But why it has to be gray, I don`t know if this has been answered in your latest post. huh.gif

I've already told that israeli border guard (MAGAV) uses gray and blue Sufas. Army Sufas are green.

Our Sinai update is finally released.  We are just waiting for OFP.info to post it.  Once its posted myself or one of the LoBo team members will post a thread up on the Addons:Complete section of the forum.

Here's some screenshots:

LoBoSinai1.jpg

LoBoSinai2.jpg

LoBoSinai3.jpg

LoBoSinai4.jpg

LoBoSinai5.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey I really hate to ask this because people will think I'm advertising or somethin,but you guys seem to know alot about Israel and such,what flight suits do their helicopter pilots wear? I usually see blue but I wasn't sure if this is correct?

Unfortunately we won't be using SBJ's DMS pack because he specifically asked that we keep his stuff seperate from our mod unless he changes his mind.  However there is nothing stopping a mission maker from using his DMS pack with our addons just using some simple init box scripts.

To xnodunitx:  I'm not sure what all the different IAF pilot uniforms look like but if you want to make your Apache pilots blue, go for it!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

We use two of SBJ's pistols (with his permission) that the IDF use in real life.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hayal @ Aug. 16 2005,19:40)]

I've already told that israeli border guard (MAGAV) uses gray and blue Sufas. Army Sufas are green.

Huh? huh.gif

I see Magavs in green Sufa's all over the place - with red police plates! Rarely have I ever seen a gray Sufa. In fact, it's been ages.

I'll be able to use the next Lost Brothers mod for Armed Assault, right?

We have no clue. You'll have to ask BIS that.

Nobody knows in what manner old OFP addons will be compatible with Armed Assault.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

We have no clue.  You'll have to ask BIS that.

Nobody knows in what manner old OFP addons will be compatible with Armed Assault.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yes we do, BIS said that all OFP content could be easily converted for use in ArmA... whistle.gif

I see Magavs in green Sufa's all over the place - with red police plates! Rarely have I ever seen a gray Sufa. In fact, it's been ages.

Hmmm. I've seen grey ones on the streets of Yesha durring Oslo War.

Hmmm. I've seen grey ones on the streets of Yesha durring Oslo War.

I hate to argue with women....because i lose all  the time smile_o.gif

theavonlady is right. I talked to one guy who is the sufa driver and he told that all the sufas are green (army) and green-gray (police). So i'm going to leave a present color.

During the work on helmets i decided to make variety of israeli hats. Here are some of them:

sold28go.jpg