Sign in to follow this  
Wick_105

British light gun

I've been working hard the past few days on the model and it just needs a few things changed on it untill its done

these are older pics

L118/M119 howitzer

I want to know what you guys think or if you have ideas for other TOWED guns.....as my other computer went down the crapper with all my other guns so I'm starting clean.

This same gun is used by the US Army (as the M119)... will we see British and American versions?

right now the only major difference between the L118 and M119 are the style of ammo used and some electronics....and the paint job.

thanks for the 360 view I think there is a bit more to change than I thought.

I'm thinking of doing two versions: early and modern not much difference different muzzle brake and a few more toys on the modern version.

at least all you brits like it

and here is a pic just for fun wink_o.gif oh....its a big pic

me and my BIG gat

I'm just wondering why all the brits like it. < Sarcasm/Rhetorical Question.

because british stuff is under represented in Flashy

because british stuff is under represented in Flashy

i was kinda sure the term 'rhetorical question' meant u didnt ask for a reply/expect a reply tounge_o.gif

not for long eh messiah ;)

i blame swift, and thats it

lol I knew he said it was a retorical question, just justified why us lads liked it so much

I'll be posting some new pics of the gun in a day or two...I'm making two versions an older 70's/80's version and a modern version with some of the electronics and crap on it.

the pics will be of the older version.

ok....in a week I'm off to do army stuff yet again this time for 3 months.....with no computer....and I wont be able to work on this and my other models. when I get back in september I'll start up fresh.

So I'm back from hell now and I think I've forgoten how to work O2, the gun is in the same state it was when I left and I cant find the files from base that I got.....if anyone can make textures and put them on this thing when I'm done please let me know.

cheers

Be a pleasure to have a pop at it .

If you still have physical access to the piece then go grab a digi-cam and shoot EVERY single inch of it , nice straight on views . If not then just gather as much reference material as you can .

PM me over at the UKF forums when you have something to go at

http://www.project-ukf.com/forum/index.php

I know this'l make Tom (gunny) Norman a happy lil gun bunny when its done

biggrin_o.gif

I'm in the wrong army to get my hands on it (I wish) it wasnt till a few days befor I left that I had a talk with CBFASI from the falklands mod that he gave me a line drawing of all sides of the gun to work with (he is making one as well).

there is some good new.....I recovered most of the old guns I was working on so I might be doing most of them.....I need to learn how to make textures

After an extended time away from OFP I've decided to give it another go I know some of you ukf guys want the model so pm me and I'll give you what I got......as long as I can play with it first when your done wink_o.gif I'm also going to be working on other basic gun models, dont be asking the world of artillery here people, just what I like....but if it is easy and I like the idea I might try it.