Sign in to follow this  
OVERWATCHangel

American civil war mod close release!!!

i hope the mod is going good as soon as i figure out how to make islands i will start making one for the mod Chickamauga Georiga battlefield because i lived near there and know every rock and all the history about it and my great great grandfather fought there with the 4th tennesse cavalry unit under general Nathan Bedford Forrest

So that you don't think we're falling asleep here :;)

Work continues.

Here is a Napoleon 12 pounder.

NapoleonCannon5.jpg

And some rifles...

Rifles.jpg

All are constantly being reworked and improved, so what you see here may still change by the time it gets released.

Regards,

Triglav

A Remington 1858 revolver is ready as well...

Remington2.jpg

Regards,

T.

show us soldiers!

smile_o.gif

You've already seen the old ones.

The new ones aren't done yet.

(except if someone out there wants to make a basic soldier for us, and let us make 20 variations on it then...) tounge_o.gif

use the BAS one that came out!?

and if you guys nead any healp whit making the gear and shit for the troopers give me call wink_o.gif

Thanks hornet! Will do.

Actually Gavin offered to make the basic soldier, because after I saw hiw Napoleonic Brit. Infantryman I decided to scrap the soldiers I've made so far... That was just so much better, that I can't really release the current ones.

That bayonet stuff made by the British project...oooo...that is yummy though. Wish I could get my hands on that.

The Enfield and Springfield pictured above do also have working bayonets, but we don't have an animation or a script that would actually make a soldier charge and stab anyone...they just run around each other with bayonets attached and look silly... crazy_o.gif

Colt Army 1860, .44 cal. is finished:

Colt.jpg

Regards,

Triglav

to let everyone know im working on a basic island that is almost empty so that can be used for the civil war battles of any area, i have it almost fixed so you can put on what you want all you would have to do is use the mission editor to put your objects maybe fixed in a day or 2 now it has only rolling hills so let me know if you want it, you have to watch your compass you can get lost hehe triglav and pickett has been a great help i am making a chickamauga battlefield

wado

tsalagikola

This sounds awesome!

I have a couple questions, if you don't mind me asking them:

- Will there be cavalry units? For some reason, I think

something like this would be beyond the capabilites of

OFP. I hope I'm wrong, for the sake of missions that could

be made based on historical engagements. No cavalry

would mean no Sheridan/Fitzhugh Lee/Stuart. sad_o.gif

- Are you planning on creating an addon based on the

7 shot repeater carbine? I can see how this would imbalance

things (multiplayer wise), hell, it imbalanced the real war

tremendously.

Wow, imagine the mission possibilities here...

Longstreet's command, or riding with Sheridan; as a soldier in

5th Corps, maybe as Chamberlain, hell maybe even as Warren,

during the engagement at White Oak Road; perhaps

as "Johnny Reb," or Pickett, in that same engagement. How

awesome would it be to witness first hand the wraith of

Jackson and his Stonewall brigade at first manasses, or

witness the slaughter at Fredricksburg. And, OMG, can you

say Gettysburg? Chamberlain's bayonet charge from

Little Round Top?

If you havent figured it out by now,  I am *really* looking

forward to this. smile_o.gif

Never mind,i'll answer them.

I'm sorry, but Cavalry is out of the question for now.

There are no horses in OFP, althaugh there is a mule that maybe in the future can be converted,

but as of now, sorry, no mounted raids.

I thought about a Spencer breechloading carbine,

but that is in the future too.(Maybe not very far, i have to talk to Triglav about that)

Yes, possible missions will be based on real engagements.

The Gettysburg battlefield is 95% done, so the first mission(s)will take place there.

Triglav and have worked our buns of to push everything toward an soon release, but there are still a few main issues

that need to be taken care of, so it will be a little while before you can charge into the Wheatfield, or up/down the slopes of Little Round Top.

Goodspeed,

Pickett

Hello there Dreamline.

I don't mind answering questions at all.

Cavalry. It has been thought about. A lot. That's all I can say now.

But it's way beyond mine, or of my colleagues, knowledge to make a horse. I saw a working mule in one of the mods. If that was somehow reworked, perhaps... But as for now... Well... General Lee on a mule would look rather sad, don't you think.

I will however make cavalrymen and their carbines eventually, so at least you'll have dismounted cavalry in action.

For now none of the repeating rifles such as the Henry rifle are planned in immediate future. Models are already made of several, but they will not be released yet. Let's say we're still in the first phase of the war ;)

In time they will be for sure. We will expand the selection of CW weaponry to hopefully satisfy all wishes of CW enthusiasts.

I am however planning to make a Coehorn mortar soon, as it seems a pretty simple and straighforward job.

As far as the rest of your battle lists go, that you will be able to recreate easily. Colleague Pickett is adding finishing touches to a very detailed map of Gettysburg battlefield, and as you read above, tsalagikola is working on Chickamauga area.

We're still figuring out scripting for formation fighting. OverwatchAngel has made some progres there, and also a bayonet charge script is being researched. Individually you can already kill enemies with the bayonet on the Springfield and Enfield rifles, but we still weren't able to force the A.I. to use it as well...

Any ideas or suggestions are, of course, always very welcome.

Thanks Triglav, and pickett, for both of your replies.

General Lee on a mule, lol. That would be more of an insult

to poor old Traveler. smile_o.gif

Well, gentlemen, I have been inspired by both of your

replies to seek out the nearest corner, sit, and

drool.

Even without Cavalry, or more specifically in this case,

Sheridan, Mackenzie, and Fitzhugh Lee; White Oak Road

would still be a good battle on which to build a mission.

There was plenty of infantry: Warren, Griffin and Crawfords

divisions; and Ayres, just to name a few. With the Rebels

desperate to keep up their numbers and entrenched behind

the earthworks, and the Union boys in complete chaos,

it would make for some seriously intense trench-warfare.

Hooray Dreamline!

If you can do stuff and want to be part of our team, let me know. We're always open to creative help. smile_o.gif

Picket is doing a great job with the Gettysburg map. Here's a little detail from the fighting around Little Round Top...and a view from Little ROund Top towards Devil's Den...

CWCharge1.jpg

CWDevilsDen.jpg

For those of you who have read Harry Turtledove's "Guns of the South", I will make a campaign for that.

If you dont know what it is about, heres a quick overview....

Soldiers from our time travel back in time to help the south win the war. The way they go about this is that they arm General Lee's army with AK-47's

unclesam.gif

Yes, it may sound a bit out there, but the effects of this are quite interesting. I have always wondered what it would be like to take a modern weapon back in time. Imagine running around Fuedal England with an RPG-7 and an AK..... Welcome to the new age of King Cory... now i just gotta solve the problem of carting around all my ammo.........

For those of you who have read Harry Turtledove's "Guns of the South", I will make a campaign for that.

If you dont know what it is about, heres a quick overview....

Soldiers from our time travel back in time to help the south win the war.  The way they go about this is that they arm General Lee's army with AK-47's  

unclesam.gif

Yes, it may sound a bit out there, but the effects of this are quite interesting.  I have always wondered what it would be like to take a modern weapon back in time.   Imagine running around Fuedal England with an RPG-7 and an AK..... Welcome to the new age of King Cory...  now i just gotta solve the problem of carting around all my ammo.........

too weird for me tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

CWUnitPics.jpg

I tried to make these units show up in the command bar for the squad leader, but only the cannon pic did, the units stayed default OFP modern soldiers.

Anyone know a way around that?

[.img]http://www.petrov-petrov.si/~triglav/Pix/CWUnitPics.jpg[/img]

I tried to make these units show up in the command bar for the squad leader, but only the cannon pic did, the units stayed default OFP modern soldiers.

Anyone know a way around that?

I'vw no idea, but perhaps you should ask one of makers of the "Marine Assault Pack". They changed the pictures in the command-bar, too.

Btw: Great work! This units looks really cool!

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

need help-----i got the chickamauga island going good the help i need is to see how it works on different computers for lag reasons because i dont want anyone having lag problems by me adding too much it is a real large island i like alot of fighting room so what i need people to try it as it is i am trying to use only 1 pack you will need migs_farmland objects V1.2 and resistance so email me and i will send you the pbo for the island and it goes in just the ofp addons folder right now it is about 1.2mb

Listen up folks,

the Gettysburg island is ready for beta testing.

So we're looking for a few people too look it over real close and give a somewhat detailled response.

Since we don't have a download site yet, everything has to go by mail.(about  1,5MB)

In order to check it out, the Operation Farmland Objects 1.2 is required.

Whoever ist interested, please drop me a mail or pm.

Goodspeed,

Pickett