Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

Us woodland camo netting

Just wanted to say that I really like this addon. Nice and simple, adding great atmosphere to any military encampment smile_o.gif

First off, great job RockofSL! I had just posted a message on another topic about a week or two ago asking for better camo nets but I did not think that my request would be answered so quickly and with such quality.

One question and/or request:

Will you include the old style 2 inch canvas strip type nets that were in favor prior to the leaf-o-flage versions? I am not sure when they were replaced (early 60's?) but the type used in WWII, Korea, etc...

Wadmann

Guest RKSL-Rock
First off, great job RockofSL!

One question and/or request:

Will you include the old style 2 inch canvas strip type nets that were in favor prior to the leaf-o-flage versions? I am not sure when they were replaced (early 60's?) but the type used in WWII, Korea, etc...

First off, Thanks smile_o.gif

Second I know the ones you mean. Honestly I hadn't planned to but if you can find me some pics of them to use as a texture I'll try and help you out.

Thanks for the offer to make on of these! You will be a hero for all of the fans of the WW II mods out there! tounge_o.gif

Anyhow, I searched for quite some time this morning and these are the best images that I could find. The third one down on the left column is the best image IMHO.

If this will not work for you, I have some of the actual brown and green canvas material that was used to construct the nets. I can take a close up to get the texture if that would help you more than these images. I am really looking forward to the next release of your net pack!

Wadmann

Guest RKSL-Rock

Its not a problem...it just take a while. I've got a backlog of existing projects to finish. If this is an easy hit I'll make a quite release later next week. I'm moving house at the end of the month so it may go quiet for a while after may.

As for textures anything you can provide would be helpful. Also the ground texture of the most popular WWII island would be a help too if you can get it. It makes life easier to match colours then.

The pattern itself is very easy to match so I'll see what I can come up with.

Anyway...I'm off to finish my HAS pack.

Nice, the new ones are going to be really nice, the dessert one is going to be almost invissible.

It would be great if you put woodland, dessert and winter in the same pbo overwriting the first one, but I supose you are allready doing so anyway.

Wadmann, that link you post it is rader interesting.

steve_thrasher_bw.jpg

Steve Thrasher taking a break after putting up the camo netting.

Sure he needed a break biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

Guest RKSL-Rock
...It would be great if you put woodland, dessert and winter in the same pbo overwriting the first one, but I supose you are allready doing so anyway...

The US pack will contain all 3 camo schemes, woodland, snow and desert.

As will the UK and Generic when I get round to finishing them.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Yeah some...If I get round to them tonight they shouls be released tomorrow (Friday) but no promises rock.gif

I'm near the end of a comercial job and the deadline is looking very dubious crazy_o.gif

Just had some time to try this great camo nets...

Great work RockofSL! Looking forward to the final release with desert and snow versions...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Any news or have RL interfered?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

No worries RockofSL! Take your time and I hope you get everything sorted since it seems you have lots of cool addons in the pipeline.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

RockofSL: I just wanted to say Well Done, and thanks for your hard work.

One question: Do you think you might do a realistic sniper hide site utilizing you camo net. I envision it looking something like a much smaller version of your Scud net, that a sniper could crawl into, and shoot from.

Alternative question: Is there some way you could creat a realistic snipers ghillie suit? Or do you only model static addons?

Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts...

Guest RKSL-Rock
RockofSL: I just wanted to say Well Done, and thanks for your hard work.  

Thanks smile_o.gif its always nice to get positive feedback.

Quote[/b] ]One question: Do you think you might do a realistic sniper hide site utilizing you camo net. I envision it looking something like a much smaller version of your Scud net, that a sniper could crawl into, and shoot from.

Well I am working on one, it was supposed to be included in the first net pack but unfortunately it not been particularly practical or realistic. So I've dropped it from the first pack and will either package it with the 2nd pack or the ghillie sniper im working on.

Quote[/b] ]Alternative question: Is there some way you could creat a realistic snipers ghillie suit? Or do you only model static addons?

Im working on it. I've looked at all the existing ghillie suited units and they've never really satisfied my needs so I've taken the camo system I developed for my L96 rifles and started to apply it to Sniper model.

The only downside is that the ALPHA models are prone to lag on low end machines. Im trying to improve that with better models and LODs but either way its not likely to work well on the low end machines in multiplayer. Going off the test release of the alpha its a 50/50 split between enthusiats and enthusiatic flamers. I can guarentee that the first public beta release will NOT run happily on multiplayer.

Unfortunately Im working away atm so no screenies but once i get home and broadbanded up I'll post some on my website.

Awesome! That's great news indeed. Well, even if it not practical for low-end multiplay users, those of us who have higher spec machines, and aren't interested in online play will probably love it, I know I would.

I've been hurting for a decent ghillie suit for so long, I'd about given up hope.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your progress. You can count me as a new fan.

Later.

biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Ok...I've moved house...I've got broadband...i just need a little time to finish the US Camo Pack. Mainly just tweaking models really.

Shouldnt take too long to finish the other packs off now but  To save myself some modelling time I'm just going to retexture the same models with the new UK and Generic cam schemes.

"Pack 2", is already in discussion with a few of my friends but probably wont include any thing ground breaking.  Mainly combining the textures with bunkers and emplacments.

I've picked up a number of projects along the way too...ranging from a POL farm (Fuel Storage) to a Arabic Fort for the Desert War 1942 Mod.  

Sooo...thanks for you patience.  Hopefully by the end of next week the US pack will be released in 4 colour schemes.  Closely followed by the UK and Generic Packs. Watch this space....or This space actually wink_o.gif

sounds good.

I have a small request/suggestion for pack 2 If your interested...All your camos in the beta work pretty good for most needs except I need one thats alittle taller for 5 tons and taller vehicles.

I was in the CAV in RL and we always parked our trucks under camo and moved fequently. We never set up tents. Anyway I was doing some missions that I wanted to include this kind of activity but none of the camos fit good on the trucks. Maybe if you could extend the poles and camo under ground level on one of them so that the object height could be changed if needed. This would prolly be an easy way to achieve the desired result.

Thx in advance

-Meat

Guest RKSL-Rock

Well you'll get your request in Pack 1. It was one of the things that came up froma number of people so I've increased the height of the non infantry nets to make sure a 5t will fit easliy.

wink_o.gif

Sit tight all things go well it should be mid week.

Do you have the small LoD problems taken care of in the next release? I really liked the nets and the only thing that stopped me from using them in a mission that I was working on was that one of them was causing the buildings and trees to dissapear at certain angles. That was kind of a problem since it was a command engine mission and the player was going to be spending most of his time there. tounge_o.gif

Other than that, they're great. They look great, and they're actually pretty functional as camo.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Yeah they are fixed...the first pack was BETA...it was a known before hand but it was a simple fix to reduce the geo LOD uprights.

The actual release hsould have all the little niggles fixed and updated.

Glad to hear it. I'm looking forward to the release.

Hi,

Could you make sure the ODOL model work:) i would like to use these things on my island:) biggrin_o.gif

Regards,

Daywalker

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hi,

Could you make sure the ODOL model work:) i would like to use these things on my island:) biggrin_o.gif

Regards,

Daywalker

Sure...the new pack now has the appropriate attributes added.

Did you have any problems with the beta pack?

Just asking because someone else mentioned it but didnt come up with any specifics.