Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Green berets

Hey

So is there any Green Beret addons. I suggest if a vietnam mod is being built, like Unsung guys, ya you here me, create Green Berets or else! biggrin_o.gif

Or is their already green berets out there? Reason I ask = I want to make a mission with them in it.

~Bmgarcangel

You've heard of SEB's NAMPACK 2 right? They dont explicitly list green berets, however green berets fall under the category of Special Forces thus...using any one of the Special Forces Units is using a green beret. They just dont have the berets modelled though...but im sure you can survive without them. wink_o.gif

Kinda modern SF units, but they have a texture bug and turn white at over 20 meters away.. About 1985 time no in SEBnam it leans more to the Aircav and Marines. Somebody was doing current SF ala Afganistan/Colubinan opertives now the CIA oversee them more. "If your trying to make some I can help but be warned I have a number of addon projects going currently.

I was under the impression he wanted Nam era Green Berets, thats why i referred him to the nampack. From my experience the nampack has army Air Cav and marines, but so what? It also has SEALS, MFR and Army SF(Green Berets), which is what he is looking for.

Yeah I agree... the Special Forces in the SEB NAM2 pack are very good Green Berets... plus in combat I don't think they wore their Green Beret's very often. In most pics I've seen of them they're wearing bandanas, steel pots, or more commonly, boonie hats.

One of my favorite things about them is their "Hush Puppy" silenced pistols. smile_o.gif

I've made extensive usage of those in many MP Vietnam games.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah, the generally only wore their berets during the early advisory days of the war '61-'64 when Tiger Stripe camouflage and things like that weren't exactly available to them so they wore the beanies with their OD's.

I believe they also would wear their berets inside their A-Camps and when they went to visit local villages for humanitarians, civil affairs type jobs.

bmgarcangel

hehe, I can't believe you have never seen the special forces in the Nam Pack2?

I left them the generic name of Special Forces as that IS really the technical name for them. Plus I wanted people to have the option of playing them as Aussie Sas if they so chose to. It was also suggested at the time to make Sog units, but again for the most part they were all Special Forces troops (with the indig troops) with a smattering of other branches. I felt leaving specific SOG troops out was fine.

Out of the hundreds of photos I referenced in the library I have, I saw very very few images of Special Forces wearing the berets in the field. There were though quite a few pics of LRRPs and Seals wearing cammo berets for a while when they were in "vogue".

I think the SF's in the nam pack are still nice enough to keep using, but I'm sure they could be updated and people get tired of looking at the same troops for more than a year, but god knows when I'll find the time to redo the nam pack units.