Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Hey pappy editing question, actually anybody

well i have two things which kind of bugging me when i play OFPY2k3

one the textures on the american unit, revert from weird looking back to normal on certain points? is this a problem with the LODs? or shading, it's kinda hard to describe they look fine sometimes then they look almost cut wrong?

and two, i really enjoy the shooting of the american units, they fire their weapons alot more than usual units, but i don't like the m-16', is it possible to switch the gun, and is it possible to edit the values on the guns so that they fire they m-16's more, i'm not doing a mod or release or anything, i don't play multiplayer i'm using it for personal use....

LOD issue with the hyk soldiers. cant be fixed with simple editing. sorry.

whats wrong with the M16? crazy_o.gif INQ's (CS import) is a picture perfect M16 model/texture. they dont get anymore perfect or anymore beautiful then that.

but if u so insist on changing it, go into the editable config.cpp that is provided in your Y2K3/Bin/Configs folder and find the M16 class and change the model path with that of suchy and earls or which ever M16 u choose.

but i still say the INQ/CS imports are the best ever smile_o.gif

hey pappy i got one more question is there anyway i can edit the gun so that they fire alot more, fire like inq's and how would go about doing that?

so that the AI fires them more often? like rate of fire? theres an AI rateof fire definition in there somewhere. u just increase that  smile_o.gif

Edit: the Y2K3 topic now has 2K3 replies biggrin_o.gif

hi! i have a little problem with y2k3 mod sad_o.gif pilots resist to land choppers and won`t disembark (in originally game they do that without any problem) crazy_o.gif

hi! i have a little problem with y2k3 mod sad_o.gif   pilots resist to land choppers and won`t disembark (in originally game they do that without any problem)  crazy_o.gif

couple days ago i played "airbourne" and i got back and the orginal helo was landed and pilots standing next to it. so it works. same with air superiority. the AH64 landed no problem

Edit: the Y2K3 topic now has 2K3 replies  biggrin_o.gif

hahaha pappy you are funny! You got any other mods in the works? Y2k3 is really cool, im thinking about starting to play original campaigns again unclesam.gif

Y2K3 which is finished, but still trouble shooting and asistance still takes time smile_o.gif but also the USCG Mod, the Col Klink Inc/ Utopia mod im helping with too.

and those pretty much take up all my time smile_o.gif plus i enjoy playing with the addons too wink_o.gif i spent 5 months on creating and perfecting Y2K3.... it wasnt til about 2 weeks ago that i started the 1985 campaign again.. finnaly experiancing Y2K3 myself. even i was wow_o.gif at how much cooker the campaign is with Y2K3

becareful thou. some missions, especialy tank missions just became 5x harder. RPGers have abram killing RPG's now crazy_o.gif so watch out...

but it evens out.. like on that one mission.. i forget the name.. on malden where u have to satchel the tanks watching the road.. if u kill the moutian patrol and use his RPG mission over easily smile_o.gif so it evens out

i just retook everon. im right after the mission where u bomb the hell out of kogjev with the A10s and get captured.. im just after that. but its lookin pretty good so far smile_o.gif and with the PE config theres no savegame bugs biggrin_o.gif

PE config ?? something i missed ?

Oh. for lowend pc's.. kk.. But why run that ? after what some says and u sayd on that page or urs, u dident get more fps lol..

...You got any other mods in the works? Y2k3 is really cool, im thinking about starting to play original campaigns again  unclesam.gif

How about a winter version, I may do that one day, but it would be a lot of addons editing inbolved in that.

@CERO

...You got any other mods in the works? Y2k3 is really cool, im thinking about starting to play original campaigns again  unclesam.gif

How about a winter version, I may do that one day, but it would be a lot of addons editing inbolved in that.

@CERO

winter or desert version(s) i personaly dont plan on. but if you (anyone) wants to do one based on the Y2K3 config. contact me. ill be more then happy to give you permission to use the Y2K3 config to base it off of.

on top of that when its fully tested you get a temporary host.. ill make it a permanent host on edgefiles... make a special section of the Y2K3 site for the Desert/Winter version that someone does.

BUT. if you do do a desert or winter version i ask you make your own topic about it and ofer support for it (obviously). ill assist you in any questions you may have but i personaly wont be making it.

good luck to anyone that wants to take on the task smile_o.gif

Okay, how about to replace the BAS Delta's to the LSR Delta's? Laser's deltas look way much like the do in real life then bas delta's.

Dedan

the tutorial on my site should help you do that smile_o.gif

information page. customizing your OFP experiance.

enjoy smile_o.gif

PS: for personal use i used lsr's rangers. didnt like his deltas. rangers were much better imo

Winter conversion of OFP ?

Very interesting idea.

I never tried, but is it possible to replace the default BIS island (as there are some winter conversion of them) without running in some major compatibility problems with the existing campaigns/missions ?.

If no building has been changed, maybe it should be mostly ok, but if like some desert or jungle conversions available, some buildings are different, i suppose it will end in several problems while replaying original campaign and missions in an OFP winter conversion.

i hope somebody remember my problem in the retalitation mission "blackhawk" and y2k3 => 3 fps till freezing the system.

i´ve tried everything: i disabled all ecp settings, delete the line from the config wich causes the mi17 dust error(there is no mi17 in this mission) etc. but nothing worked.

i finished thios missin wihtout y2k3 and in the next mission "sleeping beauties" the same error occures again.

in this missions is nothing special, in the first some squads(russian, resistance, usa) 2 blackhawks, 1 bmp and in the second some squads(russian, usa), 1 ural and landing boats

it must be an y2k3 error, without y2k3 i´m having fantastic fps rates in this missions

maybe somebody is having an idea or a solution?

thx

Actually it is not a Y2K3 problem, it is certainly a (or more) very bad script coming from some addon effect (one suspect reported by some poeple is one of the GMR scripts) inserted in Y2K3 that is filling the memory with the time, killing the framerate.

The cause is not an ECP scripts, as i can play the regular ECP without this problem myself.

And, as theavonlady reported to have the exact same framerate killing problem on E:ECP, the only hint is that the bad script is common to E:ECP and Y2K3 mods.

But judging by the number of scripts calling other scripts, i suppose finding the exact source of the evil would not be easy at all, even if it is one of the GMR scripts

try the Y2K3 PE config (on the downlaods page)

i got rid of alot of the ECP init scripts to prevent just such a problem

only Y2K3 uses GMR since im the only modder that realizes the value and beauty of GMR fire. and the GMR scripts are run with a killed eventhandler... NOT an init. so unless 1400 vehicles burst into flames at the same time... then its not GMR

Y2K3 and EECP shared ECP init scripts in common... but if u use the PE config then we have absolutly nothing in common smile_o.gif

so i dont know what to tell you

Unfortunately the PE config can't fix this problem (tested), the source is not an ECP scripts (i play with my own replacement unit config, built using the ECP config as a basis and do not encounter a framerate problem in the cutscene).

If it is not something inside GMR (as i just noticed that GMR was not in E:ECP), and according to ECP docs a modified GMR explosion is inside ECP core, it can be a common unit vehicle or weapons (possible that there are some jpg textures used, as they are uncompressed and loaded in memory by OFP , it can hog the memory in some cases).

I will give a look when i will have time to see in the common units .pbo.

Or can it be the size of all the addons loaded in the memory (as E:ECP and Y2K3 folders are not exactly light in mega octets) , and -nomap is certainly used by everyone to prevent the infamous problem with lots of addons being loaded by OFP...

And as Suma said -nomap use a less performing way to manage memory despite fixing the infamous problem, is this possibly a part of the answer too ?

ok, i thought about it. here are some facts to isolate the issue of this error:

- the mission "blackhawk" is the first where you have to fight against american troops, before you only have resistance troops and civilians on the map

- i´m not sure but in the cutscene there talk about: special forces, so maybe BAS units are causing the error?

- the next mission "sleeping beauties" is the same, also Special Forces

maybe i can help with tahat somebody to find out whats the matter with this missions

ok, this was bullshit. i tried one standard bis resistance mission where you have to fight on russian side against resistance, us special forces and regular us troops.

no probs

this monologue sucks...

i dunno what you want me to tell you man crazy_o.gif ive played a ton of user missions... i re-beat the 1985 campaign with Y2K3 in 12 hours and experianced no problems like that.

that custom campaign problem is a problem with ECP, E:ECP, and Y2K3. again i have no clue what to tell you is wrong with it.

it´s not only a question to you. maybe here´s somebody else who could help. i´m not the only one with that prob. it would be nice if we could solve that problem. in order that can´t be also solved in other missions if it appears.

please dont feel pissed. i don´t try to bug you. just want to play the game smile_o.gif

I've seen the exact same behavior in stock BIS missions without using any addons whatsoever. "Convoy" has been the biggest offender for me. It appears to be a memory leak (what with the massive paging and the fact that flashpointresistance.exe winds up gobbling 600+MB of RAM in seconds when it occurs,) but I have no idea what triggers it.

If it is a memory leak, it is something that should not be happening and is something that only BIS can fix. I sent a bug report to them about it a year or so ago. The oddest thing about it is that it happened about 3 times more frequently on my multiproc system than my uniproc system... However, I've only seen it happen a handful of times since the 1.96 patch on both multi and uniproc systems. I really don't think that it's anything that the community can fix.