Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Bunker troubles

I got a major problem...

Alrighty now, one of my mods bunkers that i'm building, i'm having serious trouble with it or just doubts I guess I shall say.....

Its shaped unlike any other building i've work with before, so I need assistance and advice on how to handle it so that i can make effective firelod and geolods

tbunker1.JPG

hey guys

I really need help with this.....please help....

Its a weird shape and really, I have no idea how to get things to work in geolod and firegeolod with such an akward shape...

prob.JPG

You usually make Geo and Fire Geo LODs by simplifying your original model. Just cut out any unnecessary details and make them into simple shapes. Make the pile of logs into one box, etc.

Use a slightly more complex version of the geo LOD. Put a hole in the front and a hole in the back tounge_o.gif .

I desperatley hate geolods and firegeolods mad_o.gif

Hell, DARN YOU BIS!!! CREATE A USER FRIENDLY O2 LITE NEXT TIME....PERHAPS ONE THAT CREATES GEOLOD and FIRELOD FOR MEE!!! ROFL!!!!!

*Tears a book in half, breaks his coffee mug, and bites his girlfriend in rage!* crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

no idea what your talkin about, but maybe put a small invisible wall infront / inbehind the place where you dont wanna be it (via alpha channel) and have IT being the one being hit or something.

I dunno.

*tears another book apart then turns his rage on Mig*

Na man, we ain't talkin bout textures or seeing through shit. I just hate Geolods and Firelods, I think they should die biggrin_o.gif

Hey.

I had the same problem with the hand of nod model cos of the weird shapes.  But like m21man said use simple shapes.  

Looking at your pictures i can't realy tell the hole shape of it.

Heres a simple model i put together to show you. goelod.JPGgoelod2.JPG .

Hope that helps.

O2 Tips:

Lods

1- Don't use plane faces in your  fire geometry lod, geometry lod or View geometry lod, only geometric forms or it wont work; properlly.

2 - Don't texture any of this lods;

3 - Don't forget to set the mass in Geometry lod;

4 - In the fire geo lod choose the option convex hull in order to make your model intransponible to bullets.

5 - In the View geometry place only what you want that AI soldiers can see.

Shapes

1 - Choose dark shapes;

2 - In points properties box you can set the lightning types you want in the inside and outside of the bunker

Quote[/b] ]1- Don't use plane faces in your fire geometry lod, geometry lod or View geometry lod, only geometric forms or it wont work; properlly.

This isn't true for ViewLODs. The others I don't know for sure about.

Quote[/b] ]4 - In the fire geo lod choose the option convex hull in order to make your model intransponible to bullets.

Actually Convex Hull can create more problems than it solves. Better to pass the object through Binarize and find if it has any Convex problems there (IMO...)

Quote[/b] ]5 - In the View geometry place only what you want that AI soldiers can see.

It also helps to see (or not see) other objects behind/through the model (including the sun IIRC).

Well, if I have time whne I get home, I will post a picture of my new geometry lod

It has a few double faces for some reason too ( like inside the model ) * weird ain't it :-D

Anyhow, ya, i'll post a picture of it soon. I still have to test it when I get back too

This is geolod

untitled.JPG

Got a major problem now...its interfeing with me running over the bunker and the roadlod thingy...rofl

p.s. does firelod models need to be big?

Oh just email it to me lol. I'll give it a look. tounge_o.gif