Sign in to follow this  
MeltedAd

Exploding man

This is just an idea that came to me the other night, the exploding man add-on. After watching a few tanks destroyed with ECP and the great effects, I got wondering if a similar thing could be done with a man.

Could a man be made whom when he explodes his corpse is deleted and replaced by body parts, which are scattered by the blast, giving the effect of being blown apart.

I have no knowledge in making add-ons and a very limited knowledge of scripting. Could this work?

I imagine a new unit would be required, like a soldier with no legs, but bloody stumps and body parts.

These would replace the unit during the explosion and hopefully be scattered by the blast.

This is just a thought; I have no idea if it is possible, but would be cool in cut scenes and would add some more atmosphere to an already great game.

Please feel free to destroy this idea, abuse me and call me stupid forever considering such a folly.

it´s possible our uscm mod is doing such a thing

very easy stuff

Caucasus Crisis alredy did it. You can see a video of an explosing soldier (with dismemberfest) here.

Afaik there was a discussion about this theme a few weeks ago in this threat. But don't know the topic anymore  sad_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

Look, just make it so that you have a huge ass explossion where hte man is, and then the man is deleted or thrown all over the place, or in his place, you delete him, and then in his place set like body parts that will be blown around by the blast! biggrin_o.gif

Steady on bmg mate...arms & legs flying around are one thing, but a "huge ass explosion" could really upset the moral majority wow_o.gif

This sounds cool though I personally turn all gore off in OFP (too pure a game to sully with graphic violence IMO - it's a bit like having gore in Chess or Tetris). I'm glad you're looking into it for the Colonial Marines mod though Nephilim...having read the USCMC manual, I've got a good idea who's gonna explode, too wink_o.gif

I think this would be great for visual effects if someone were to make it.

If you dont like gore...you just dont have to use it.

We should all be striving for simulation, this would only make it more realistic. I wonder if you could do a getdammage just before deleting the object, and the more dammage that has been done to it determines whether many small objects or fewer large ones are created.

well...although i appreciate ECP_blood biggrin_o.gif , over the top gore (read cinematic) seems without purpose...but: AP Mines do that crazy_o.gif

@ cornhelium

ye dude ;)

hey this script is very easy u just need some gibs

when the guy dies u camcreate come gibs with velocity at his pos. short time after camcreating (say0.0001) u delete the body ad some drop

voilá

actiavation would be same as OFPEC_Blood

or integrated depends on specifications the user has

let´s kick some ass

yeah u only can us this for mines or big boomers

but in uscm we can use somewhere else ;)

Remember saving private ryan? when that guy blows up when he is setting explosives on the tank biggrin_o.gif

I get that type of image thinking of this crazy_o.gif