Sign in to follow this  
Evishion

Llauma's sky?

Heard alot that Llauma's skypack is very good.. so I was thinking download it ..... but I used the search thing... but dident find any download link or nothing...

so can someone plz write the link here ?

-Thx

You are really bad in using the search function. All you had to do was look up "Sky" tounge_o.gif .

SKY

You are really bad in using the search function. All you had to do was look up "Sky" tounge_o.gif .

SKY

lol tounge_o.gif

anyway thx for the fast reply

PS: ( I searched for Llauma and some stuff.. then I dident find.. lol why dident I think about sky lol )

I'll start a new Llauma Sky 2.0 thread in "A&M: Discussion" where you can request things or come with ideas of how to improve it.

But i didn't see any topic here until now.

A&M: Complete

Mfg MEDICUS

llauma any updates on your sky?

we die waiting...

have mercy ... plz crazy_o.gif

I still need to check out a few ways to make the sky better. If they turn out to be bad ideas I think I'll stick with a higher res static rain sky texture.

The sky looks great but the cloudy weather isn't that cloudy but you don't have any of the usual artifacts. I'll need to decide which solution is the best.

I will also try out the new pac converter and see if the textures will be better, but the used compression isn't good for sky textures. The developers advices you not to use it for such types of textures.

I'll try to finish it as soon as I can.

What resolution/bit depth do the sky images have to be in for them to display properly?

I have a digital camera and a Australian summer sky outside if you need any images.

thx a lot Llauma!

still breathin .. so you've got some time left smile_o.gif

take your time - better late than "buggy/crappy"

regards

What resolution/bit depth do the sky images have to be in for them to display properly?

I have a digital camera and a Australian summer sky outside if you need any images.

The problem isn't really finding good sky textures. The problem is making them look good in OFP.

The textures should be 16x16, 32x32, 64x64....1024x1024 pxl.

But you can't make a 1024 pxl sky texture look good in OFP. A lower resolution is better as the flaws will be blurred so they wont be visible.

I am focusing on the moving clouds and what you can do with them. Maybe if I'll make them bigger the cloudy sky will look more cloudy. The nice thing about such a solution is that if you climb up to 6000m you will see a clear sky even when it's cloudy.

As it seems impossible to use different clouds for the rainy weather I will propably need to stick with a texture. But the higher the resolution is the more annoying the flaws will be and with a too low resolution it will be just a grey blur.

It's like Bart Simpson said: "You're fucked if you do and fucked if you don't" ..or something similar tounge_o.gif

It would be cool with clouds made of that particle drop thing that they script gun smoke and other effects with, so that you could fly through the clouds and so...

I think AXE released a script a good while ago that made clouds out of particle arrays. You can probably find it somewhere, but its not the same as proper sky textures. They were never random enough.

Yes he did, but it made a great performance for me when i tried it. But maybe i overdid it with the cloud settings. But they looked really good.

The problem isn't really finding good sky textures. The problem is making them look good in OFP.

The textures should be 16x16, 32x32, 64x64....1024x1024 pxl.

But you can't make a 1024 pxl sky texture look good in OFP. A lower resolution is better as the flaws will be blurred so they wont be visible.

I am focusing on the moving clouds and what you can do with them. Maybe if I'll make them bigger the cloudy sky will look more cloudy. The nice thing about such a solution is that if you climb up to 6000m you will see a clear sky even when it's cloudy.

As it seems impossible to use different clouds for the rainy weather I will propably need to stick with a texture. But the higher the resolution is the more annoying the flaws will be and with a too low resolution it will be just a grey blur.

It's like Bart Simpson said: "You're fucked if you do and fucked if you don't" ..or something similar tounge_o.gif

Try 2 use texture without compresion.Or use JPEG format,it´s only one texture so it won´t lag.

Try 2 use texture without compresion.Or use JPEG format,it´s only one texture so it won´t lag.

I can't make the sky use JPEG. It uses pac and there's no way to change that. How do you make a pac that doesn't use any compression like DXT1?

We are talking about a 1024x1024 texture for an object that's several miles across. The game will blur out the pixels but the higher the resolution is the less visible the blur will be. So this means that a low resolution texture is a much better choice, at least for the clear skies.

The flight sims have great skies but they use seperate clouds and a low resolution sky gradient.

I hope BIS will make different moving clouds for different types of weather. It shouldn't be hard to fix.

It's kind of stupid now as you can see the same clouds on a clear day as on a rainy day, they are just more transparent when it's clear.

yea hows that sky goin? i personally thought it was too blue, or too bright a blue.

do u have photoshop? in photoshop if you just lower the saturation (i think its in - image/hue saturation) it wont be so vibrant and strikingly blue...

maybe you like that tho,

anyways no offence intended thought i would mention this finally as i have been thinking it for a long time, but hey, i see that sky in more peoples screenshots than any other sky so maybe you should keep it as is tounge_o.gif

good luck with it.

The sky isn't my first priority right now. I have some other projects going on.

I have tried every possible and impossible way to make it look good but there's always something that isn't perfect.

I have learned a few things:

1. 1024x1024 textures will never be good as sky textures

2. Low resolution clear skies looks perfect

The problem is that OFP don't want what I want. The different texture resolutions causes some problems. I still need to figure out how to avoid them...

So how are the other sky addons evolving?

beta_hand.jpg

So this is the preview of my new main project.. tounge_o.gif Sure it was fun to do the sky but you need to take it up a level or two so the work will still feel challenging. I'll check out what I can do about the sky when I have time for that.

1024x1024 textures will never be good as sky textures

I beg the differ...

accept OFP, accept the graininess, i would rather grain than plain.

tounge_o.gif

I will be making some detailed storm and good weather skys (& colored water) for release with our mod and though theyll most likely be grainy in the binocs (remember just like Kegetys, it looks like little dots kinda) Im sure they will add much appreciated atmosphere.

smile_o.gif

1024x1024 textures will never be good as sky textures

I beg the differ...

accept OFP, accept the graininess, i would rather grain than plain.

tounge_o.gif

I will be making some detailed storm and good weather skys (& colored water) for release with our mod and though theyll most likely be grainy in the binocs (remember just like Kegetys, it looks like little dots kinda) Im sure they will add much appreciated atmosphere.

smile_o.gif

I just can't accept that it has to look like that.. I hate it tounge_o.gif

I hope you manage to make something great for your mod..