Sign in to follow this  
andersgrim

Custom anims

I have been trying to figure out how to implent custom animations to unit addons, and I know a pretty sized bunch of fellers attempting the same.

A mate is pretty close, but his developement has been stopped as the config seems to crash when configing the handgun anims (not sure of what reason).

The 'new deal' in OFP these days as from my point of view is animations. We have seen a lot of new cargo and vehicle anims aswell as a whole lot of nice static anims.

But yet we haven't seen a real pack of units moving around in custom anims as the config part seems to be too hard to modify correctly.

So is this the right time to ask for some sort of official guidance or a reference to deal with the problems?

(I can promise some goodlooking units if you help us out, deal? ;) )

Thanks mate smile_o.gif, but the main steps posted there has been followed.

The CfgMovesMC has been edited, and this has all been applied to a new unitclass in an addon.

I've made some head-way...in that I've managed to get many of the Handgun animations working, but not all...I'll keep you posted via MSN andersgrim smile_o.gif

Prehaps Inv44 Could help us in this quest since they seem to have figured out how.

You mean I44 has got this working? Why dont they release it?

yes. i believe they shall after there mod has been completed but that can be an long time away yet so don't count on much yet unless they are willing to part with an few configs before then smile_o.gif

I for one would give them full credit if they released the source coding of how they managed it...I guess the ball is in I44's court now.

You would, but I assume they do not fear you. (hah, noone fears Jackal :P ).. Nah, I suppose they fear the 1337 'addonmakers' who can't be arsed to create/code their own things, but rip off and leave the addon free of any credit, to get their hands on their sourcecode.