Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Us presidential election 2004

Quote[/b] ]Sure. If you send me some pics of your trailer park party...

WooT!!!! I'm a redneck living a trailer park!!! A internet first!!! *plays some country music*....

I swear....the more I hang around here the less I understand the responses.

Quote[/b] ] CBS News decided to shelve a 60 Minutes report discussing how the Bush administration was hoodwinked by forged documents into believing that Saddam Hussein was attempting to purchase enriched uranium from Niger.

WTF??  crazy_o.gif

Because Rather got burned, CBS is going to pussy around now. This reminds me of "The Insider" story.

Why has it taken so long for CBS to consider shedding light on the Niger Uranium evidence scam? rock.gif

The New Yorker already exposed the whole thing 18 months ago.  Did anyone care?  Did it affect the war?  Nahh!!!

Why has it taken so long for CBS to consider shedding light on the Niger Uranium evidence scam? rock.gif

Because some of us like to read non-fiction.

Quote[/b] ]The New Yorker already exposed the whole thing 18 months ago.  Did anyone care?  Did it affect the war?  Nahh!!!

As W.C. Fields used to say "there's a sucker born every minute".

I cite an article from The New Yorker on forged evidence having reached the president's desk

and you challenge it with some reader's diatribe against Joe Wilson posted by the South Coast Today.

...Not that I was actually expecting you to offer anything more substantial.  crazy_o.gif

Because some of us like to read non-fiction.

Quote[/b] ]The New Yorker already exposed the whole thing 18 months ago.  Did anyone care?  Did it affect the war?  Nahh!!!

As W.C. Fields used to say "there's a sucker born every minute".

I cite an article from The New Yorker on forged evidence having reached the president's desk

and you challenge it with some reader's diatribe against Joe Wilson posted by the South Coast Today.

...Not that I was actually expecting you to offer anything more substantial.  crazy_o.gif

The Washington Post is reader's diatribe?

Move on dot calm.

Nobody plays dumb more convincingly than you, Avon.  biggrin_o.gif

Now, as if you didn't know...

You linked to the Washington Post in response to my question about CBS.

You responded to the New Yorker reference with a reader's diatribe from the world reknowned South Coast Today.

Nobody plays dumb more convincingly than you, Avon.  biggrin_o.gif

The difference between me and you is that you're not playing.

Do you wish to continue flamebaiting me? Are you licensed for that or do you assume to be?

Quote[/b] ]Now, as if you didn't know...

You linked to the Washington Post in response to my question about CBS.

You responded to the New Yorker reference with a reader's diatribe from the world reknowned South Coast Today.

Which quoted Mark Steyn's commentary verbatim. And I don't care what you think of Mr. Steyn. If you have an honest point to make, then do so without try to denegrate anyone disagreeing with you.

Quote[/b] ]So who are the "stoned slackers" watching Jon Stewart?

By David Bauder, Associated Press | September 27, 2004

NEW YORK -- The folks at Comedy Central were annoyed when Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly kept referring to "The Daily Show" audience as "stoned slackers."

ADVERTISEMENT

So they did a little research. And guess whose audience is more educated?

Viewers of Jon Stewart's show are more likely to have completed four years of college than people who watch "The O'Reilly Factor," according to Nielsen Media Research.

O'Reilly's teasing came when Stewart appeared on his show earlier this month.

"You know what's really frightening?" O'Reilly said. "You actually have an influence on this presidential election. That is scary, but it's true. You've got stoned slackers watching your dopey show every night and they can vote."

Comedy Central executives realized, and O'Reilly acknowledged, that he was poking fun. But they said they didn't want a misconception to persist.

"If the head of General Motors was watching O'Reilly's show, that could be very important to us," said Doug Herzog, Comedy Central president.

"If you listen to O'Reilly, you get the sense that it was crazy longhairs behind the show," he said. "And it's not. It's great, smart television that attracts a well-compensated audience, most of whom are voting age."

Relax, said Fox News Channel spokesman Rob Zimmerman.

"Comedy Central must have lost their sense of humor," Zimmerman said. "Without Jon Stewart, Comedy Central would turn into the Great American Country Channel."

Comedy Central also touted a recent study by the University of Pennsylvania's National Annenberg Election Survey, which said young viewers of "The Daily Show" were more likely to answer questions about politics correctly than those who don't.

Comedy Central had no statistics on how many people watch "The Daily Show" stoned.

Although seemingly taken aback by repeated "stoned slackers" references while talking with O'Reilly, Stewart was ready with a joke.

"This election is going to rely on the undecided," he said. "And who is more undecided than stoned slackers? Ice cream or pretzels? Ice cream or pretzels? What's it going to be?

Whether it's the slacker or no-slacker zone, O'Reilly is entering it Oct. 7, when he's scheduled to appear on "The Daily Show."

So if Stewart's audience is comprised of stoned slackers, how would Herzog describe O'Reilly's audience?

"I'm not getting into that game," he said.

Who's Audience Is Smarter

kerry1092704.jpg

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc55.htm

Quote[/b] ]

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU JULY 29, 2004 20:25:25 ET XXXXX

KERRY ON ORANGE ALERT: SKIN TRANSITION ON EVE OF DEBATE

Just days before Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry is set to take the stage in a debate opener projected to be seen by 70 million, photos show the senator dramatically taking on color.

Is it the late September Wisconsin sun during debate prep that has turned Kerry's face to rich pumpkin-colored hues?

Or has he been campaigning in the rust-belt?

Kerry advisers defend the sudden deep tan transition, noting how it simply was from a game of flag football last Friday in Bedford, Mass.

But the College Democrats who met Kerry were surprised by his rich tan glow -- before the game even began, the HARVARD CRIMSON reports.

no comment.... tounge_o.gif I feel a song coming on...

Or you could focus on the issues instead of YET another CHILDISH slur. You two kids hear oil prices went through the 50 dollar per barrel mark? Wanna know what thats gonna do to your economy? Oh but noooo the other guy has a tan! Grow up rock.gif

You two kids hear oil prices went through the 50 dollar per barrel mark? Wanna know what thats gonna do to your economy?

I sold all my oil wells yesterday, per Walker's advice.

Quote[/b] ]Or you could focus on the issues instead of YET another CHILDISH slur. You two kids hear oil prices went through the 50 dollar per barrel mark? Wanna know what thats gonna do to your economy? Oh but noooo the other guy has a tan! Grow up

You wants us to invade Nigeria to help lower the prices... rock.gif

I guess Bush controls the weather or something...  wink_o.gif

You wants us to invade Nigeria to help lower the prices... rock.gif

Why not? You advocate invasion of countries for less reason than that.

Though I have no idea what Nigeria has to do with the cost of oil, and I'm pretty sure you don't either.

Quote[/b] ]I guess Bush controls the weather or something... wink_o.gif

With his direct line to God you'd think he could do something right?

Quote[/b] ]I guess Bush controls the weather or something...  wink_o.gif

With his direct line to God you'd think he could do something right?

He did. Have you seen Florida lately? crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Though I have no idea what Nigeria has to do with the cost of oil, and I'm pretty sure you don't either.

Let me help you...

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/040928/oil_prices_20.html

Quote[/b] ]

Associated Press

Crude Oil Prices Approach $50 a Barrel

Tuesday September 28, 2:05 pm ET

By Thomas Wagner, Associated Press Writer  

Crude Oil Prices Hover Near $50 a Barrel; Saudi Arabia to Boost Production Capacity

LONDON (AP) -- Oil prices hovered near $50 per barrel Tuesday after a Saudi Arabian oil official said the world's largest petroleum exporter would raise its production capacity by nearly 5 percent in a bid to calm markets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Light sweet crude for November delivery was up 16 cents at $49.80 per barrel in late morning trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange, retreating from the $50.47 high reached in overnight electronic trade.

Analysts said instability in the Middle East, political unrest in Nigeria, Africa's top oil exporter, and damage to U.S. production from the Caribbean's hurricanes were keeping traders on edge about world supplies. Some said the price may not be sustainable and may soon fall.

In response to the increase, Saudi Arabia announced it will raise its oil production capacity from 10.5 million barrels a day to 11 million barrels in order to "stabilize" prices. It is currently producing about 9.5 million barrels a day.

By increasing capacity, Saudi Arabia will be able to raise production when it wants. A Saudi oil ministry official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that the kingdom would increase production "depending on demand."

The capacity increase by the world's largest oil exporter will go into effect within weeks, using new fields where production has just begun, Oil Minister Ali Naimi said.

"The fields of Abu Safa and al-Qatif, which have just started production, will be used to increase the kingdom's production capacity in the coming few weeks to 11 million barrels per day," the minister said in a statement.

"In light of the recent developments in the oil market and the increase in prices that exceeded $50 ... Saudi Arabia is closely monitoring the various developments in the international oil market and is working on stabilizing that," he said.

Naimi added that the increase was meant to control "prices so that they will not harm international economic growth."

Oil prices rose despite assurances from Purnomo Yusgiantoro, president of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, who said producers are trying to bring prices down after an announcement two weeks ago that the cartel would boost its production target by 1 million barrels a day failed to move the price lower.

"The latest spark was the reported increase in fighting in Nigeria," said ANZ Bank energy analyst Daniel Hynes from Melbourne, Australia. But the damage from Hurricane Ivan "certainly paved the way for the latest surge."

Rebels in Nigeria continue to battle for control of the vast southern oil fields in the world's seventh-largest exporter.

The Niger Delta People's Volunteer Force rebel group said Tuesday the insurgents will begin a full-scale armed struggle to gain control of the regions oil riches from Nigeria's government beginning Oct. 1.

That rattled markets, even though Nigeria's military dismissed the threat and the country's senior oil adviser, Edmund Dakoru, told Dow Jones Newswires he is confident that foreign oil companies won't succumb to threats by militia that they must halt their oil production in the country.

"We have had these kind of threats before and nothing has happened," Dakoru said. "And I am not concerned that Nigeria's oil industry will suffer as a result of these threats."

The United States has lost more than 11 million barrels of oil production in the past two weeks, according to U.S. government data, with Gulf of Mexico output still down nearly 500,000 barrels a day following the devastation brought by Ivan.

The price of oil is up roughly 75 percent from a year ago and some analysts predict the latest surge -- which is already hurting airlines and other big consumers -- could lead hurt the global economy.

Although oil is at an all-time high, prices are not at record levels when inflation is taken into account. Adjusting for inflation, today's prices are still more than $30 below the level reached in 1981 after the Iranian revolution.

That hasn't eased the fears gripping the market, however.

"There is a lot of fundamental panic buying by the end users," said oil strategist Ng Weng Hoong at Energyasia.com in Singapore, adding that he believed the price would go still higher.

With global oil demand at roughly 82 million barrels a day, analysts say the amount of excess oil production available is only about 1 percent, leaving the industry a slim margin for error in the event of a prolonged supply interruption.

On Monday, the U.S. Minerals Management Service reported that daily oil production in the Gulf of Mexico is 29 percent below normal at about 1.2 million barrels per day. Eleven million barrels of oil, or 1.9 percent of annual production in the Gulf of Mexico, have been lost since Sept. 13, when offshore producers began evacuating crews and shutting down production ahead of Ivan's arrival.

In Iraq, fighting between U.S.-led forces and rebels has shown no sign of letting up ahead of the country's elections in January.

In London, Jeremy Batstone, an analyst with Charles Stanley, said, "The cost of oil needs to rise much further before it has a major impact on the global economy,"

Jason Kenny, and oil and gas analyst with ING Financial Markets in Scotland, said: "There is a lot of supply concern in the market, I think we'll have a lot of volatility over the next few weeks, until we get some clarity about U.S. oil inventories, OPEC output movements, geopolitics."

Kenny said oil prices could conceivably rise to $60 in the near future, but he said they were more likely to fall, barring another major terrorist attack. "I personally think the $50 level is unsustainable," he said, because some oil importing nations can't afford that price.

Well perhaps I can help YOU.

Nigeria and West Africa account for about 6% of our imports.

Venezuela, Canada, Mexico, Saudia Arabia and other Persian Gulf states account for the vast majority of our imports. Nigeria SHOULD not affect our oil prices.

Though you didn't highlight it, instability in the Middle East is the first cause, and has been the cause of raising oil prices since Iraq has begun spiralling out of control.

That is Bush's deal...

Quote[/b] ]Well perhaps I can help YOU.

Nigeria and West Africa account for about 6% of our imports.

Venezuela, Canada, Mexico, Saudia Arabia and other Persian Gulf states account for the vast majority of our imports. Nigeria SHOULD not affect our oil prices.

Though you didn't highlight it, instability in the Middle East is the first cause, and has been the cause of raising oil prices since Iraq has begun spiralling out of control.

That is Bush's deal...

8.7% (838,000 barrels a day) from Nigeria in 2003 which is fifth and that was increase from 2002....

I did not highlight that because everybody knows that (the middle crap)...

Barrels a day in 2003 to the United States....

1 Saudi Arabia 1,726

2 Mexico  1,569

3 Canada  1,549

4 Venezuela   1,183

5 Nigeria  832

6 Iraq  481

http://www.eia.doe.gov/neic/rankings/crudebycountry.htm

Talking about tan, Bush has kept more vacation during his presidency than 4 last US presidents before him together.

Quote[/b] ]Why not? You advocate invasion of countries for less reason than that.

"No Blood For Oil!" unclesam.gif  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]5 Nigeria 832

6 Iraq 481

Damn, we should have invaded Nigeria instead...