Sign in to follow this  
SnypaUK

Pre-planned movements

I was just thinking about this the other day and i think you could have preplanned fire and maneuver procedures assigned to number keys. You could have a preplan section in your personal options. so you plan what each member of your section does and assign waypoints and arcs of fire then assign it to a number. this means you could program something in then whenever you get a contact in a mission you press one and your lot conduct a full withdrawal right flanking maneuver with cover and move while you do it. Perhaps you could have different programs so if youre squad is in an APC and you press one your squad getss out and performs a maneuver such as they hotpot in the direction theyre facing while if youre in a helo they get out and form an all round defence. Indeed you could oeven plan different plans for different squad sizes

I like that idea. And if it would be possible to create a more complex system of pre scripted orders and maneuvers with a script or a map editing tool, you could customize them for each mission. Sort of like the Radio Codes on steroids!

sounds cool if they can make it easy to use. you know it's not nice to sit under a rock for 20 mins just to make an attack plan. and how would the AI group leaders use this option? I'm sure we will get into some kind of reasonable solution wink_o.gif

Ai group leaders leaders can be made to do this from the mission editor probably so we dont have to woory about that.

You know what they could use voice recognition software to do that, so you could say fall back left flanking or right flanking

Quote[/b] ]You know what they could use voice recognition software to do that, so you could say fall back left flanking or right flanking

Please, no voice recognition software. First of all, I want to be able to play while eating. "Pfuh guh mubbawumpf" or "Ruh funkung" will not be recognized as valid move orders, preventing me from snacking while playing OFP. Second, I don't want to have to talk loudly to my computer when I'm playing at 1:00 in the morning.

@SnypaUK - Was your original idea something like the Raven Shield planning screen?

Good point Johnny.

No it wasnt it came more from getting pissed off at the stop start nature of Hidden and dangerous 1 and OFP when trying to do complex maneuvers

Maybe BIS could use something like a streamlined version of the CoC Command Engine, as that makes large tactical and strategic manuevers fairly easy to do.

Quote[/b] ]You know what they could use voice recognition software to do that, so you could say fall back left flanking or right flanking

Please, no voice recognition software. First of all, I want to be able to play while eating. "Pfuh guh mubbawumpf" or "Ruh funkung" will not be recognized as valid move orders, preventing me from snacking while playing OFP. Second, I don't want to have to talk loudly to my computer when I'm playing at 1:00 in the morning.

@SnypaUK - Was your original idea something like the Raven Shield planning screen?

First of all, THEN DON'T USE IT

second of all, why stop others because you don't want to do something.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe BIS could use something like a streamlined version of the CoC Command Engine, as that makes large tactical and strategic manuevers fairly easy to do.

What im talking about is at a section level. Beyond platoon level terrain enters the equation too much

Quote[/b] ]First of all, THEN DON'T USE IT

second of all, why stop others because you don't want to do something.

Mandatory voice software would be the problem, of course I wouldn't care if it was an optional feature.