Sign in to follow this  
Herpes83

How the hell do i escape?

I really don't know how to do it...I tried running, and i only got about 30 ft before i got gunned down....how the #### do you pass this mission? (oh yeah, it's the one where you're the A-10 pilot, and you get blasted)

When you are in the tent and the officer leaves, save the game. Then run as fast as #### and climb into the back of the BMP, since it's the first action. From there move into the driver's seat and drive off. Or you can steal the chopper the same way. I did both. You may have to retry (good thing you saved!)

it's pretty easy, when you're in the town walk behind the building that is behind you and then in a arch way you'll see ammo crates, grab an AK and start killing, Do not get into the BMP as the Heli will lift of and kill it and you in no time

kill your way to the BMP and kill the spzt and take a Satchel, walk over to the heil and slap it down, then head south (look at the ocean and go left, but take the hills it's safer, and touch off the sach to kill the Hind

Now this is the easy part, once your mission updates and makes it Pitch plack, you are supposed to run South to find US lines

just stop at the start of the night time mission and look up for the moon, head Straight for it and you'll run smack in to a US held base along the ocean front, if you miss it look both ways along the beach for a few miles and you'll find it

(Edited by RN Malboeuf at 8:17 am on Nov. 10, 2001)

The description Devil has givien above here, sounds more like one of the earlier missions in the game, where you are rescued by the Resistance from that tent?confused.gif??

Nowadays I rarely fail the mission because it's darn easy to steal the Hind and get the #### out of the enemy base. It'll take 2 minutes to reach the NATO base and you don't even have to fight the pursuing Hind if you are fast enough.

The most difficult part in stealing the Hind is finding the spot where the action menu comes up. And when you're searching for the right spot you usually get shot.

Strange I just crawled (takes time and timing) away on my belly after diving in to the bush. Down the small ale, to the left, after resting in the bush. Don’t you just love this game?

Yeah and almost fell out of my chair when almost make it and **BAM** BAM** ya know the feeling when sneaking around. retry retry retry

I ran into the chopper before they even noticed I was there (they just stood there), took off and flew south. Easy, I went through the mission in 2 mins.

Some times the pilot does not get out, not sure what sets that off, but what surprised me was that I just stood there and was shot. I wonder if I was to be exicuted?

What is this mission called??

I was looking for it in the campaign, and I couldn't find it.

I didn't test each and every mission, but I just looked at their pictures wink.gif

Just take the jeep and drive of. I did it and finished the mission in 1 minute. The next mission i was lost in the dark, but found out to go left and run

Gorgi

The strangest thing happened to me while playing that mission. From the retry position at the 2nd base you can run straight to the hind and climb aboard. I did this and flew way south and hoped to find the base.

Yes, I found the base but no friendly units. I landed in the base and exited the chopper in case you had to be on foot. But no, nothing happened. I tried to reenter the hind, but found I could not. I walked back and forward for a while then started to strafe.

I have never been so startled playing this game! In the first window, a russian face was staring empty ahead. Somehow I had been allowed to enter the hind simultaneously with a ruski guy. And now that he was sitting there, I could not enter the d*amn chopper...

On the south end of the island... probably WAY past any triggers to bring the action further... I restarted.

This is one of the funniest missions to play, since there are so many options.

You can escape immediately or wait for the nightfall. You can play Rambo and run off to the woods, lurking in the shadows, sniping unsuspecting enemies just for fun and running away from the crime scene in order to find another target.

Or you can steal a chopper, start blasting, leaving a smoking Kolgujev island with nothing but a bunch of metal wrecks that used to be vehicles.

Or you can try to avoid contact at all costs, run through the forest in the cover of the darkness, use stars as your map (yeah, right wink.gif).

Or you can be just plain boring stealing a chopper and flying to home plate in 2 minutes.

How can you not love this game? :biggrin:

You can also steal BMP and make all #### break loose on Ruskies wink.gif Just make sure to destroy Hind before it starts. Then take care of other (incoming) BMP. When everybody is dead and everything is destroyed, start your journey south.

AndyZ

You can steal the BMP, then drive to a safe distance from the base, jump off, and run fast as hell!!

If you stay too long in the BMP, the Hind will kill you.

Do not dig up 7 month old threads, do it again and you'll be banned smile.gif