Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact discussion thread

latest news: our mission test center is now open for missions by not German-speaking people, too:

Quote[/b] ]Since there are less and less missions sent to our test center we`re invoking all mission makers to send us their work.

In the eye of the German-speaking community mapfact seems to be seen as provider of elite missions. But that has never been our intention. Mapfact.net was found to sort out unfinished and sloppily made missions in order to release working and entertaining missions. As you know we`re supporting English language you can send us your missions as well.

There`re many addons released but there`re much less missions using them. That's why most of the addons decay to show case models because many modellers create good looking but very resource demanding addons.

If you`re currently working on a mission, got a finished one on your hard drive or you are inspired by an addon to make a new mission don`t hesitate and send us your work to betatest it.

In the upload area you can see which criteria are to be met for the upload.

our upload area.

happy uploading! smile_o.gif

i wanna upload missions biggrin_o.gif

but my internet is down since 6 d**** days back and im really tired

hopefully i will be bale to come back online for friday or something, got to test the figher mission and trains and alot of other stuff like being online on msn for once tounge_o.gif the last couple of days have been real messy.. crazy_o.gif

send in your mission on friday. if you don't: you will be dead! tounge_o.gif

j/k.

haha tounge_o.gif man i don't how to fix 'em csv files, but i need to get online again, my internet at home has been down since a week now and im getting frustrated crazy_o.gif well either the router needs to get replaced with a new one or a cable needs to get replaced or both needs to be replaced mad_o.gif but as soon as i get internet back online i'll see if i can see how to fix csv files and probably some sort of intro also biggrin_o.gif

wich i have no skillz in, oh and btw do you guys mind if i use 3 vehicle addons and 1-3 building stuff that aren't mapfact stuff?

the rest of the stuff are all mapfact baracken , and the other objects made by you guys smile_o.gif i don't know if you guys have cosidered it but what about adding the aef mods train tracks and stuff on the mapfact island? Or no that would delay release date tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif next island you guys make maybe then smile_o.gif

haha tounge_o.gif man i don't how to fix 'em csv files, but i need to get online again, my internet at home has been down since a week now and im getting frustrated crazy_o.gif well either the router needs to get replaced with a new one or a cable needs to get replaced or both needs to be replaced mad_o.gif but as soon as i get internet back online i'll see if i can see how to fix csv files and probably some sort of intro also biggrin_o.gif

wich i have no skillz in, oh and btw do you guys mind if i use 3 vehicle addons and 1-3 building stuff that aren't mapfact stuff?

the rest of the stuff are all mapfact baracken , and the other objects made by you guys smile_o.gif i don't know if you guys have cosidered it but what about adding the aef mods train tracks and stuff on the mapfact island? Or no that would delay release date tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif next island you guys make maybe then smile_o.gif

you can use any addons you want if they improve the mission's atmosphere. but the d/l size and the need of the addons should be balanced. so upload it!

Yeah i think the addons are put into good use, i totally remade the look on some places on Everon where the mission is set  biggrin_o.gif  i use the ags-harbour stuff, and the industrial pack and the 3wx objects pack and the res editor addon and a whole bunch of mapfact stuff + a mi-2 chopper pack wich is kind of like a russian littlebird sort of chopper with good weapons and being able to transport people and good looks and sounds  smile_o.gif  and i have a russian limousin chaika but im thinking about croping it from the mission to reduce addon amount. I also have a beriev something transport aircraft wich is good detailed transport plane wich is supposed to serve as extraction point but i can put a cessna there instead  tounge_o.gif  the mission has also jam weapons and also needs the rusopfor 1.3 ,  wich is russian uazs, and brdm,s with pks, and dshk machineguns wich makes any encounters with 'em very high risc  biggrin_o.gif and also the best a.i script ever made so far

wow_o.gif oh yeah i wonder if you guys prefably want the version with custom music 2 mb or the one wihtout 3-500 kb unsure how big it is but something along those lines wink_o.gif and do you accept coop missions?

yes, we accept coops, but testing takes a bit longer there cos we're not playing online very often.

take custom music, it's cool smile_o.gif

let the chaika in if it fits.

but don't forget to send WORKING links of the required addons if you upload the mission.

... latest news ... latest news ... latest news ...

mapfact.net

baracken update in sight:

barackenupdate2.jpgbarackenupdate1.jpg

Many of you're waiting for this moment for a long time. The world wide standard addon for building bases is being updated. Since its first release JörgF. has increased his knowledge of addon building enormously. So an update became inevitable. Firstly the main concern was to improve the performance. To avoid lags in camps with many baracks and fences in the future JörgF has reduced the number of used polygons dramatically. Now his new fences have less polygons than the original ones by BIS.

The search for possible new buildings was the start for an intense interchange of ideas with T.S.C. Plage who's working on his final Version of Mapfact-Nogova currently. There will not only be new types of buildings but base lightings as well. Those lights will be an alternative for the much too bright BIS lights.

If everything works well you really can look forward to christmas.

GREAT!

I wait for it!

GREAT ADDON!

GREAT ADDON STUDIO!

GREAT! biggrin_o.gif

Gruß

Raptor

Any plans on merging Mapfact Nogova with Nogova 2004? That would be awesome with the modern highway and all... hope it'll also include AEF railway... and... what happened to that ski lift / resort thingy? would be cool to put that in the mountains in the NW... smile_o.gif

@buzzard: no, a merging of both nogovas is not planned. but if you find somebody... he can take our nogova as a base. the railway? hm. i don't think so. the tutorial for it is not yet released and we want to release nogova as soon as possible.

@void_flase: we did that only for you wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Is that a military radar tower in the pic?

Maybe... tounge_o.gif

There are also some other interesting new objects in the update smile_o.gif

BUZZARD @ Nov. 30 2004,22:32)]What about the ski lift / resort thing? I hope you're planning to implement that...

sorry, as stated somewhere before, the maker of this addon decided to stop his work because of trouble in RL and he was demotivated by some ofp engine limitations. maybe (not very likely) he's gonna restart this project some day.

oh great news! unclesam.gif Love you mapfact, i have reduced some of the addons from the mission by now and searching for some good music at the moment, have to find a perfect tune or two to go along with the mission biggrin_o.gif

and try to fix a .csv file at least tounge_o.gif

BUZZARD @ Nov. 30 2004,22:32)]What about the ski lift / resort thing? I hope you're planning to implement that...

sorry, as stated somewhere before, the maker of this addon decided to stop his work because of trouble in RL and he was demotivated by some ofp engine limitations. maybe (not very likely) he's gonna restart this project some day.

That's sad news sad_o.gif Hmmm maybe he could give it to someone else to finish it up, like Col. Klink or Philcommando... or whoever could make it work... the initial pics looked so damn good...

oh great news! unclesam.gif Love you mapfact, i have reduced some of the addons from the mission by now and searching for some good music at the moment, have to find a perfect tune or two to go along with the mission biggrin_o.gif

and try to fix a .csv file at least tounge_o.gif

good to hear that. looking foward to our first mission by an english community member smile_o.gif

@buzzard: it was working entirely. but only for HI (= human intelligence), not for AI sad_o.gif the problem was something with the AI paths, can't remember what it was exactly, i can check it if you want. that's why he decided to hold it from release. i know, this perfectly fits to stereotypes of us germans (too much accuracy and such things), but i can't change it. on october 11th he officially left the community (sorry, it is german):

Quote[/b] ]hallo leute,

nun ist es also passiert....

seit einiger zeit befinde ich mich in einer privaten wie auch beruflich zunehmend schwierigen situation. wichtige entscheidungen aufgrund von stellenabbau meines arbeitgebers stehen bei mir nun an was meinen job und dadurch auch den wohnort betreffen. da wie es aussieht mein arbeitsplatz (wie der von ca. 40 anderen mitarbeitern auch) wegrationalisiert werden soll bin ich gezwungen mich auf jobsuche sowie den dadurch nötigen wohnortwechsel zu konzentrieren.....

konkret heiss dies:

dass natürlich mein freies zeitpotential für ofp und maps die mir vorschweben in nächster zeit zunehmend geringer werden wird.

ich werde also kaum noch hier vetreten sein geschweige denn noch gross projekte in angriff nehmen können.

aber:

ich werde, falls ich´s noch schaffe und die zeit es mir erlaubt versuchen so weit wie möglich (teil 1 ist ja schon fertig, teil 2 zu 80 %) die rambo kampagne noch fertig zustellen als quasi kleines danke schön an euch alle. und wer weiss ? evtl. ist ja irgendwann bis ofp 2 alles wieder bei mir im lot und man triff sich dann wieder :wink:

ihr, die ofp community und speziell mapfact hier sind super.

für mich die beste seite überhaupt.

vielen dank für die grossartige zeit bei euch.

machts gut leute. :neutral:

he says that he has problems in RL (budget cuts of his employer, thus he's unemployed now and has to move most probably) and he tries to finish his campaign. "see you within ofp2." sad_o.gif

that's it. we can't change life.

i don't know why he did not give all his undone stuff to somebody else.

The rambo1 campaign (only in german sorry)is now nearly finished -so he is still IN the community. If he give the ski-lift to somebody else isn't clear at the moment. Maybe he finish it himself in future smile_o.gif

release of the callsign update soon. thx to general barron for some hints. smile_o.gif

small update bugs all fixed that i could find, just some files that needs to get setup nicely, if i knew german better i would've done a german briefing to wink_o.gif

tested the mission and thinking about adding more soldiers around a spot or two with extra "randomizing" rock.gif

haven't found the exact tracks i want yet tounge_o.gif still listening through on some music , anyone got any sugestions pm me wink_o.gif i have decided to have a that is in the start when you insert you and the team to the main island and then a track that can get played as a action or tense music track. ghostface.gif