Sign in to follow this  
Thud_and_Blunder

Orcs desant v1.51 released

I'm currently downloading the v1.51 desant pack from ORCS - sadly I'll be offline for my usual 5 days away on duty after that so won't be able to post any reviews. Get yourselves over to this site to see what it's like.

Are these updated ORCS Russian Airborne Troops?

The file size is about twice that of the last version.

Hmm - I've just tried opening the .rar only to find there's some kind of password protection that I've never seen in PowerArchiver before. So it's:

1. Some cunning ORCS device that I don't know how to circumvent.

2. PowerArchiver finally deciding they want some money off me - unlikely, as everything else decodes nicely, OR

3. A corrupt download.

Can anyone help?

password "annushka" without ""

using weapons from my weaponpack without permission and

without credits for original CS-authors

using weapons from my weaponpack without permission and

without credits for original CS-authors

This is not good.

Putting a hold on mirroring this file, pending an explanation/clarification. rock.gif

Inquisitor,

Thanks - your reply encapsulates both extremes of the OpFP "Community":

- the speed and helpfulness of your response, but also

- the apparent lack of consideration of some members

Let's give the folks over at ORCS a little bit more time to get to this thread. They're usually very good at responding.

Inquisitor,

Man, you should learn something:

1) It is such a custom to ask somebody to use his work, even though that guy published it on the net. It helps authors to track fate of their creations, if nothing more.

2) If you ask politely, you are usually given the permission to do almost everything with an addon.

3) ALWAYS give credit for everything you didnt make yourself. Not just in OFP community, everywhere...

Well, I dont wonder Inquisitor feels a bit angry about that...

Inquisitor,

Man, you should learn something:

1) It is such a custom to ask somebody to use his work, even though that guy published it on the net. It helps authors to track fate of their creations, if nothing more.

2) If you ask politely, you are usually given the permission to do almost everything with an addon.

3) ALWAYS give credit for everything you didnt make yourself. Not just in OFP community, everywhere...

Well, I dont wonder Inquisitor feels a bit angry about that...

I don't think Thud & Blunder's second point was against Inquisitor. He's agreeing what Inquisitor is complaining about.

T&B's second point is a complaint against ORCS, I believe.

Let's wait a little for their response.

Thanks Avon - that was the poiint I was hoping to make. Apologies to Edge and especially Inquisitor for being ambiguous - I really do admire the addon-makers and wish they all received due recognition for their work.

Right, I'm off to patrol the (night) skies of Birmingham and the W Midlands for 5 days. Look forward to getting online in about 120 hours time to catch up on the latest. Thanks again, and sorry for not having made myself completely clear earlier.

I´m not really angry. It´s nice that they use these weapons.

Ask for permission or not is not a problem (for me!)

All they should do is give credits.

can anyone make a new mirror please?

because i cant download form the link on the top of this thread.

thx

mr.bean wink_o.gif

Thanks Avon - that was the poiint I was hoping to make. Apologies to Edge and especially Inquisitor for being ambiguous - I really do admire the addon-makers and wish they all received due recognition for their work.

Good thing it is all cleared now. If you have found my reply a bit rude, you have my apology. I meant it rather generally, but my English failed again... The way I wrote it was like we Czech people speak - emotionally and with weird syntax. I think it is me here who should excuse sad_o.gif

:::yellow lil' Edge bashing his lil' yellow head against the wall:::

It is here text from original version of VDV pack (v. 1.2) :

LEGAL STUFF (Thanks to...)

- www.armocom.ru

- Willem-Matthijs Crielaard (animation scripts and ideas)

- Blizzard, TÓMAH & other people at www.flashpoint.ru (thanks, guys!)

- www.znaki.desantura.ru (armpatch textures)

- Amalfi (MakePBO and PBODecryptor utilities)

- BIS for producing OFP

- Inqusitor (AK74 weapon models & sounds)

- DKMM for some scripts.

- everyone I've forgotten... but if you feel like you should be here - this one's for you smile_o.gif

Credits for Inquisitor too ....

rock.gif

Downloading now. smile_o.gif

And just take it easy people, I'm sure someone from ORCS will come and clear this up soon enough. wink_o.gif

This new pack only included one mission, Silent Death.

What happened to the Outbreak mission in the original version? Can the old version still be used with the updated addons?

Even if it can, seems like they should have included an updated VDV.txt readme with acknowledgements and the earlier Outbreak mission.

A little hasty in packaging, maybe? rock.gif

Heey, just tried them and I think they're a great improvement over the old ones (they were good too of course). Really nice textures.

Some things I noticed, and some simple requests:

- Bug on RPK-74, there is a small missing texture just left of the iron sight.

- The troopers use different AK-74's with different iron sights, sounds and muzzle flashes. Of course the only difference should be the color, right? No offence to Inquisitor, but I like the AKS-74M (black AK-74) better, with the MAP iron sights (slightly softened, I like it) and beefier sound. I think the muzzle flash should be the one from the MAP AK-74's though, AFAIK the AK-74 doesn't produce a star-shaped muzzle flash?

- I think the Inquisitor AK-74 looks so nice with the bayonet, a good working bayonet system like with the CSLA mod MP's would be in order. smile_o.gif

- The PKM could use a bit beefier sound, IMHO.

- The optics on the Dragunov and AK-74 look a bit over-sharpened, they have a sort of white border around the range meters and such. Or is it supposed to be that way?

- A Makarov PM pistol instead of the Tokarev for officers? You are using Kegetys RPG-7, why not Makarov?

- When using the RPK-74 it says "AK-74" in the top left corner.

smile_o.gif

I'll be making some missions with these, that's for sure.

edited: added something

I dont really like these all that much if they were in the same camo as the old ones theyed look better but they still rock and match upi well against the marines

any pics other than a damn silloutte?

Trust me, they rock. smile_o.gif Too bad there aren't any other screenshots, though.

@Sniperuk02: I think the current camo is a lot more detailed and cooler.

@Hellfish: I disagree, I thought it cluttered up the action menu too much smile_o.gif

Another missing texture I noticed: The texture of the right side of the AK-74M mag is missing at longer ranges.