Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Bkm pilot (working oxygen mask!!!!)

You know whati said in other forum you posted Jgrey just change the Helmets visor to blue colour and not black make it dark blue smile_o.gif

You know whati said in other forum you posted Jgrey just change the Helmets visor to blue colour and not black make it dark blue  smile_o.gif

Yeah no problem ace, I think I can do this. Is it just changing the visor texture? I'll see what I can do. I think it's a matter of finding the right texture. Do I have to do anything weird to it? Like change the property of the colours?

Yeah those pics are just the initial stages... I've improved the helmet itself a lot now.

Also, can anyone help me with a small problem I'm experiencing with the P3D texture swap?

The textures seem to work fine on the original BKM model, when I just over-write the original textures. But when I texture swap them into a NEW P3D under a different name, and different texture path, the oxymask textures go all blurry, but the helmet and oxycord textures seem to be fine and I can't figure out what is going wrong because the textures used are the same textures that work on the BKM model. Sorry it's such a confusing issue. I just want to do a resistance model, and I can't seem to do that at the moment, because of this issue.

Now if we can only mod them to swim like is mentioned here http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....8;st=15 we would have an even more realistic pilot.

Hmmm that's an interesting concept... I might try retexuring the COC LARrebreather.

But I'll need some config help at putting Oxygen Mask Pilot + working Rebreather together.

As for MajorGripe's comments about the flight suit, I'm trying to finish off the helmet and mask combinations for WEST, EAST and RESISTANCE and currently this blurry oxymask issue is holding me up. But I'll let you know as soon as I've finished the flight suits.

Quote[/b] ] Do I have to do anything weird to it? Like change the property of the colours?

Yep i think you have to use alpha channels for it , its basically a transparent colour thingy IIRC ....

Found a bug : When I fly higher than 3000m I got an error message :

titletext ["","faded black"_cp]# expected number

I have both Russain and Us flight helmets in my collection I can make pics of to make propor flight helmets with O2 mask which I also have. if needed for referance for updating the east and west pilot models.

Is there a way to add CoC's diver rebreather to this so the pilot can be shot down over water and when he ejects float till you call a helo to pick them up? I tryed reading the CoC documents on the diver but couldnt make sense of it enough to get it to work.

I'm not sure about the rebreather stuff.  You'd have to ask on the CoC forums about that.  I'm sure someone there would help you.  

Bobcat:  The maker of this pilot did not make this addon unbinarized unfortunately so unless he decides on his own to update the model, it will remain with the thin oxygen hose and oddly shaped mask (from the side profile view).  I also wanted to update the model, but I can't because its binarized.  

So hopefully BKM will update it, or release an international version that other mods can update and modify to their liking.

If not, then oh well...    I don't think it'll get used much except in Bkm aircraft addons perhaps.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'm not sure about the rebreather stuff. You'd have to ask on the CoC forums about that. I'm sure someone there would help you.

Bobcat: The maker of this pilot did not make this addon unbinarized unfortunately so unless he decides on his own to update the model, it will remain with the thin oxygen hose and oddly shaped mask (from the side profile view). I also wanted to update the model, but I can't because its binarized.

So hopefully BKM will update it, or release an international version that other mods can update and modify to their liking.

If not, then oh well... I don't think it'll get used much except in Bkm aircraft addons perhaps.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah those are exactly the same problems I ran into whilst retexturing.

I figured it wasn't worth the hassle to change the flight suit (because of the bad texture stretching on the pilot's body.. crazy_o.gif ) I was going to put a lot of detail into the flightsuit but all of it would be lost in the bad texture application. Which kind of meant that it was a moot point. If the addon was unbinarized I would be able to remove the squat cylindrical thing and change the hose size. But alas. So at the moment I have a retextured helment, mask and hose. The face and body remain the same purely because it's really not worth the hassle of warping textures. I also tried the COC thing, I managed to find the unbinarized version of the LAR rebreather that COC released. I deleted the Oxytanks and dials and just had the flotation vest. Which looked good. I was going to start on the retexture of the vest but the problem is that there's no proper "floating in the sea" vehicle position proxy for the swimming pilot. So when he drops into the water he just turns into a frogman. Which is wholly unrealistic.

Colnel Klink is doing a life-vest addon to go with his brilliant fishing Vessels.

Also, Operation Frenchpoint seems to have an Oxygen-mask equiped pilot which looks 100X better than the BKM Pilot.

So at the moment my retexture of this thing is on hold. But if anyone just wants the Finished oxyhose, mask and helmet retexture just PM me. biggrin_o.gif

Actually I have been contacted by the addonmaker, and working towards a solution on making better east and west pilots. I might need the asistance of a good skinner to complete this. Will mention any significant progress here in the future.