Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Weapons pack

Hi, I have recently made some of my first models, and I would like to present them to you here.

I would like some feedback on the models.

Also the weapons will need to be textured, so any help with that would also be greatly appreciated.

The link is www.lthunter.tk

The models can be viewed by clicking on the weapon's picture

(sorry for the pop-up/banner(s) sad_o.gif )

Thanks smile_o.gif

Very nice models. smile_o.gif Would be nice if you had a hand animation where the player has his left hand over the butt stock when prone. Someone please texture for him! biggrin_o.gif

before i begin my rant i would like to say nice models.... smile_o.gif

*Goes in to tantrum mode*

Why do people have to make addons which are already made and IN GOOD QUALITY crazy_o.gif , i mean isnt Kegetys pack enough? If that isnt then we have Mailmans then Sucheys and then VDV's .... sorry but i think your better off making models of something new rather then making a thing which has been done already.

*tantrum mode OFFLINE*

Dont mind my little tantrum but please do heed it i dont know why people duplicate addons rock.gif

before i begin my rant i would like to say nice models....  smile_o.gif

*Goes in to tantrum mode*

Why do people have to make addons which are already made and IN GOOD QUALITY  crazy_o.gif  , i mean isnt Kegetys pack enough? If that isnt then we have Mailmans then Sucheys and then VDV's .... sorry but i think your better off making models of something new rather then making a thing which has been done already.

*tantrum mode OFFLINE*

Dont mind my little tantrum but please do heed it i dont know why people duplicate addons  rock.gif

Thanks smile_o.gif

What weapons have been made before?

I have chosen as much weapons that (to my knowledge) have not been made (or ages ago) before.

I know of the Makarov (Kegetys), but what else has been made? (the Marpat pack included an RPK, not PKM wink_o.gif )

I just looked at your list of new addon projects.

First of all, to my knowledge, the CR-21 has not been made - I believe this is potentially the new assault rifle for the Isreali Defense Forces.

The G11 has been made before (by the fine people who gave the HK Pack - god bless them!), but another version would be fine.  Also, because this was only a prototype weapon (it was never adopted by the German military over the G36), maybe you could give us a variant with different sights, grenade launcher, etc.

Here are a few suggestion from a non-addon maker (the worst kind of suggestion-makers - we have no talent and yet we want every weapon that was ever concieved!):

XM29:

Block-3-Model.jpg

and

Block3.jpg

Represent the XM29 - a now-defunct OICW contender that would be a nice addon for a 'what if' scenario of weapons that could have been.

Also the XM8: an OCSW weapons system of the not-to-distant US Military future.  I know that these two are in development by the Soviet War Rebellion mod, but that was some time back and I have not heard anything else from them.

Just a few suggestions, but you are going in the right direction with the CR 21 and the G11.

Sincerely,

Gaultesian

Thanks for the input, will start gathering intel on these weapons asap biggrin_o.gif

I just looked at your list of new addon projects.

First of all, to my knowledge, the CR-21 has not been made - I believe this is potentially the new assault rifle for the Isreali Defense Forces.

The G11 has been made before (by the fine people who gave the HK Pack - god bless them!), but another version would be fine.  Also, because this was only a prototype weapon (it was never adopted by the German military over the G36), maybe you could give us a variant with different sights, grenade launcher, etc.

Here are a few suggestion from a non-addon maker (the worst kind of suggestion-makers - we have no talent and yet we want every weapon that was ever concieved!):

XM29:

p><p>Represent the XM29 - a now-defunct OICW contender that would be a nice addon for a

Also the XM8: an OCSW weapons system of the not-to-distant US Military future.  I know that these two are in development by the Soviet War Rebellion mod, but that was some time back and I have not heard anything else from them.

Just a few suggestions, but you are going in the right direction with the CR 21 and the G11.

Sincerely,

Gaultesian

Yes, I am currently aware that the AK-47 and the G-11 have already been made and released. The reason I have chosen to make the AK-47 is because it is one of my favorites, and also because it is quite easy to model for a beginner.

About the G-11, I have chosen to make a G-11 because it is quite rare in OF. There was only one released in OF, by the LoBo team as you stated, but it was released in the early stages in Resistance and I thought that making a new one wouldn't hurt. As of now, I have no knowledge of any sight/grenade launcher addons for the G-11. If you are willing to supply me with pictures and information, I would certainly look into it. http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/smile_o.gif' alt='smile_o.gif'>

Sorry, I do not believe there was ever an alternate sighting system for the G11, or a grenade launcher system.

My suggestion (as a non-addon maker) was in the hopes of 'modernizing' the G11 (from its late 80s, early 90s prototype version) to give it a full combat squad feel - a regular version, one with a new scope, one with a grenade launcher, and possibly one in an lsw format - that way a G11 could be integrated into a full 6, 9, or 12 man squad.

Again, I do not know the work and the time or the skill in putting an addon together, so I do not know if this is even feasible.

Sincerely,

Gaultesian

sorry but i think your better off making models of something new rather then making a thing which has been done already.

It depends upon whether he's creating models primarily for the benefit of the community, or just as a personal project for himself...

Of course, it gets a little strange when you have 3 or 4 fairly decent, yet substantially different variations of the same addon floating around - but if he wants to make it, that's his perogative...

Quote[/b] ]First of all, to my knowledge, the CR-21 has not been made - I believe this is potentially the new assault rifle for the Isreali Defense Forces.

Just to be be a bit pedantic, but I believe the CR-21 is South Africa's new assault rifle. The Israeli one is the TAR-21, and the Singaporean one is the SAR-21...what's with the 21's?

Back to the models - its great that someone's finally making a new PK/PKM model. I've heard that Inquisitor might be coming out with one in his new pack, but its good to have a bit of competition...

Oh, and BTW - are those some new tracers in the PK screenshot?

Sorry, I do not believe there was ever an alternate sighting system for the G11, or a grenade launcher system.

My suggestion (as a non-addon maker) was in the hopes of 'modernizing' the G11 (from its late 80s, early 90s prototype version) to give it a full combat squad feel - a regular version, one with a new scope, one with a grenade launcher, and possibly one in an lsw format - that way a G11 could be integrated into a full 6, 9, or 12 man squad.

Again, I do not know the work and the time or the skill in putting an addon together, so I do not know if this is even feasible.

Sincerely,

Gaultesian

The current model is the HK G11K2, the version I am aiming at. wink_o.gif

g11k2.jpg

im gonna say this before someone else does. use smooth/round edges function in O2. works magic

Just to be be a bit pedantic, but I believe the CR-21 is South Africa's new assault rifle.

Oh, and BTW -  are those some new tracers in the PK screenshot?

Correct, the Vektor CR-21 is the new issue AR for South Africa

And I modified the tracers in the config to be a bit more bright and thick.

im gonna say this before someone else does. use smooth/round edges function in O2. works magic

I know, haven't done that on all models yet (only on the Colt 1873), because I am still in the process of figuring out how to use them.

I noticed that the link to the Sig Sauer P226 page was not working. It is now fixed, and the pictures can now be viewed.

www.lthunter.tk

Edit: Link fixed

Good, G11 smile_o.gif cant wait , i like that weapon concept ...

Have updated my website with 4 screenshots of a new model that I have make. It comes in 4 variations (and no, it's not an M4 tounge_o.gif ).

link

Also, I am sorry to inform the fans of the G-11 series, that r1c0cH3T's models have been put on hold, as he is busy with school atm.

I have made 2 other models:

Walther PPK

Spas 12

Both models still need finishing touches.

Also, I am still looking for a texturer for all of the weapons sad_o.gif

If someone could help me with finding good firing sounds for the following weapons, that would greatly be appreciated smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]PKM

Makarov

Walther PPK

Winchester 1866

Spas 12

Vektor CR-21

And last but not least, r1cOcH3T is working on his models again smile_o.gif

Some feedback would be real nice mad_o.gif Anyway, I have re-started working on my AK-47 and G11, but progress is slow because I am cought up in school.

Once again, we are in desperate need of a texturer. If you can texture, please send either Lt. HuNTeR or me a PM.

I'll see if I can get enough done on the AK to post some pictures. Please post some feedback, we need to know what needs to be improved/fixed so we can give you guys the best that we can offer.

unclesam.gif r1c0cH3T unclesam.gif

tounge_o.gif Dont worry guys, we are paying attention! I dont think you will get much feedback until the texturing is there. Keep it up!

tounge_o.gif  Dont worry guys, we are paying attention! I dont think you will get much feedback until the texturing is there. Keep it up!

Well, that's were the trouble starts. Making the models is the easy part tounge_o.gif

Just wanted to let the few people interested in some of the models know, that the weapons pack is postponed indefenitly, due to lack of time...