Sign in to follow this  
Stag

Tarawa class lsh

Tarawa

People asked after seeing some screenies in the Combat photography section, so here it is. It's still buggy. Spad handed this model to the community to develop, so if anyone wants to take it further, enjoy. smile_o.gif

sad_o.gif  It's just the Tarawa class ship that was made about a year ago.....hmph thought it was a new one.

Which part of "Original by Spad, resized" confused you?

sad_o.gif  It's just the Tarawa class ship that was made about a year ago.....hmph thought it was a new one.

The resized original by spad part tounge_o.gif

Nice Carrier nad good Textures, but I found 2 problems:

- The Deck is unlandable!

- The door should be animated

this is a chopper carrier isnt it? the only planes are av8?

i cant place things on it they just dissapear sad_o.gif

@PBrechler: I have no problem what-so-ever landing on the LHA-2.

With the Nimitz Carrier and Ashland LSD we can now make great ARG's. Also in combo with Higgins boats (until LCU's are made), AAV-7's, LAV-25's, and CH-53's, makes for great missions on amphib assault. Now we just need 1N's, 1W's, and 46E's :-)

George

The land deck on front and back is unable to land and walk only the middle part you can land and walk crazy_o.gif

Too buggy hope someone fix the roadway thing or maybe even better I hope Hawk take this project to make it a useful addon than a eye candy like it is now wink_o.gif

The part where it wasn't in the post

Quote[/b] ]People asked after seeing some screenies in the Combat photography section, so here it is. It's still buggy. Spad handed this model to the community to develop, so if anyone wants to take it further, enjoy.

Wow amazing isn't it... wink_o.gif I just clicked on the topic...didn't read the little blurb under it. Anyway...it's still a little to big...not by much though.

To answer someones question on what type of carrier this is:

This is mainly a helicopter carrier with a lower bay for use of a LCAC. The aircraft that use this carrier are AV8's, CH53E's, CH46E's, UH-1N's, AH-1N's, and one seahawk for SAR.

These ships also houses grunts for transport to shore.

lol @ TheMarshal=TOB=,Anyways Dont think Im not going to try alittle something on this Tarawa class carrier.It will go great with some of the things im working on.

Anyway...it's still a little to big...not by much though.

According to fas.org, the overall length should be 249.9m, which is precisely what I scaled it to:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/lha-1.htm

According to FAS the AH-64 is 58.17 feet long. If the this Tarawa is 106 feet wide, like FAS says it should be, then the Apache should take over half the width of the ship when parked sideways. It takes under half the width, so this Tarawa is too wide, assuming the BIS Apache is to scale itself (and hey, they could be wrong tounge_o.gif ).

Never thought to check general scaling; Spad must have worked purely from photos. Height is probably to cock as well then.

I'll have a closer look.

of course i worked with photo but i know that it is too long and too high, the pb of the deck can be resolve with the falkland mod idea (check the hermes) but i have to much work on other mod to finalize it , it is free for use smile_o.gif