Sign in to follow this  
KJAM

For those of you

...speaking as someone who lays the table with knife, fork spoon and stomach pump whenever I'm doing the cooking, I have to say that the Brit cooks do one of the most thankless tasks in the army very well (usually...)

Yet when we operated out of Le Luc (ALAT HQ - French equiv of Army Air Corps) for a fortnight, I can remember culinary delights such as undercooked lamb's testicles, lamb's brains (the French really don't like sheep much, do they?) and more variations on the theme of offal than I've ever seen in my life. No, I sometimes think that their gastronomic reputation is just a wee bit overblown. AND they give pride of place in the dining hall to the pompiers, rather than the aircrew for whom the base was established in the first place!

Vive la difference...

...speaking as someone who lays the table with knife, fork spoon and stomach pump whenever I'm doing the cooking, I have to say that the Brit cooks do one of the most thankless tasks in the army very well (usually...)

Yet when we operated out of Le Luc (ALAT HQ - French equiv of Army Air Corps) for a fortnight, I can remember culinary delights such as undercooked lamb's testicles, lamb's brains (the French really don't like sheep much, do they?) and more variations on the theme of offal than I've ever seen in my life. No, I sometimes think that their gastronomic reputation is just a wee bit overblown. AND they give pride of place in the dining hall to the pompiers, rather than the aircrew for whom the base was established in the first place!

Vive la difference...

well . they apparently tried to give you familliar food dishes or sensations .....

smile_o.gif

well . they apparently tried to give you familliar food dishes or sensations .....

smile_o.gif

Have the French heard of bacon crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

smile_o.gif

that's actually the only worthy piece of british cooking .....

smile_o.gif

Have the French heard of bacon crazy_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

And tea.

smile_o.gif

And tea.

you mean warm water with sugar and milk ?

Quote[/b] ]that's actually the only worthy piece of british cooking .....

mm bacon barmcake with loads of brown sauce YUMMIE

Quote[/b] ]you mean warm water with sugar and milk ?

hot water infused with the essence of a plant with sugar and milk to be exact! lol (a year of studying catering and i know that! tounge_o.gif)

Its ashame I cant stand bacon and tea then sad_o.gif about 20 cups of coffee every morning does the trick wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Why are you planning on joining the army KJAM?

I just cant stand being stuck an in a office all day! crazy_o.gif

several reasons in fact

1. my granfathers and great granfather were in army so i wanna give somethin back

2. to get enough money to move to the US to the girl i love

and (dont take seriously)

3. blow shit up biggrin_o.gif

Ah - I've just got another reason...

My girlfriends dad will bring her down to see me every other weekend if I get through basic training. biggrin_o.gif

Her family supports me more than my own, which kinda sucks sad_o.gif

the thought of Ebony (the girl i was on about) is more than enough to keep me going, heh she even gonna wait howeverlong im in the army for me

A little advice, dont try running along the beach in winter.

a) Its damn cold! Damn damn damn cold!

b)The winds so strong you end up with a t-shirt in your face and taking 200 steps to move a meter crazy_o.gif

Took me 19 minutes to go 1.5 miles because of that damn wind!