Sign in to follow this  
gazmen

Army encyclopedia

Could you create it with information about weapons, bullets, tank and aircraft, soldiers (who build it, years, cost, range, firepower...) ?

BTW, why there is no info about weapons that were released after CWC. I mean Bizon, G36...

BTW, why there is no info about weapons that were released after CWC. I mean Bizon, G36...

well there is some info about the new vehicles that came after CWC. anyway I think the idea of an encyclopedia is great smile_o.gif maybe with some real pics of the equipment.

Why don't you just use google to find what you want to know? I would rather BIS improve the gameplay, AI, terrain etc etc than copy stuff from the 'net you are too lazy to find.

Also you can have in the Enclycopedia what all the Ancronims are (How ever there spelled) like FIBUA and CQB for people who dont know. rock.gif

I don't know, I't would be great that add-on have information to...

An in-game weapon/vehicles reference would be neat, and if not that maybe have a pdf with weapon and vehicle information in it. smile_o.gif

Also you can have in the Enclycopedia what all the Ancronims are (How ever there spelled) like FIBUA and CQB for people who dont know.  rock.gif

CQB is close quarters battle. But acronyms and abbreviations section would be good.

mafia has carcyclopedia and original H&D has a little info on every weapon in campaign and mission equipment selection. I don't see any problem in adding it to OFP too.

Well, if the developers want to that's cool.

I wouldn't even mind if they had some descriptions but had many missing because they didn't have time and went to do other stuff. Touches like that are nice but the devs shouldn't sweat about it. Just for their fun.

well I think it would be good for people who don't want to read books or stuff but are still interested in those things.

thats true.

What I meant was that if they started to do that but never completed the database then I would still be okay if they kept whatever they did and made that an incomplete feature. (non-buggy tho)

mafia has carcyclopedia and original H&D has a little info on every weapon in campaign and mission equipment selection. I don't see any problem in adding it to OFP too.

Yes, OFP2 shoult look at mafia, to see this cool features...

I just noticed that there's info about weapons in "gear" section of mission briefing. too bad you can only look the info on the available weapons for the missions. they also have to be given to a soldier to get the "i" button for the weapons.

the info contains short history and details like weight, caliber etc

There are more important things to do, naturally.

But in OFP1 only the official firearms have "info" tabs (little "i" letters under the weapons in the inventory). How about adding the possibility for addon makers to make info tabs?

yeah, I was wondering why teams like BAS weren't doing that. Then BIS can let the community fish out their nerd stuff wink_o.gif

If they are gone build a Army encyclopedia, they need to be 3D and not 2D. Becouse of the ¨boringness¨ of 2D.

would be great if they made a 3D gallery on a second CD but that's way too much trouble. I think the game is still gonna be the primary objective biggrin_o.gif

That 3d enclylopedia would be easier to make IMHO. You could just use your ingame models for that and make some kind of viewer for them. But there's more important things to do than this.  tounge_o.gif

edit: typo