Wilco

Wilco combat animation pack

promo1.jpg

Here it is folks:

http://matrix.senecac.on.ca/~akurt/ofp/wilcoanimation.zip

Hosted by Anton of Operation Northstar biggrin_o.gif

http://supah.chaotic.nl/wilcoanimation.zip

Hosted by Supah also smile_o.gif

This is 1 of 3 packs I plan to release.  Later on I will release a static resting animation pack.  Then in a month or so I will release a completely remade RES animation pack.

I want to thank the beta testers ( one :P ) for their/his job.  Now these animations have a few bugs in them.

the grab and pull animations dont really grab the guy, and they medic crouch animation is too low, so clipping issues force the "wounded" soldier to be pushed a few inches away.  It all matters on how you set the camera up wink_o.gif

These were soley meant to be Combat Photography animations, but you may be able to use them in single player for "looks" purposes, because none of them shoot wink_o.gif

Comments and Bug reports are welcomed  smile_o.gif

Have fun

P.S. This is located in the readme, but I know how you guys don't read them.

Quote[/b] ]Animation names:

this switchmove "crouch2"

this switchmove "crouch3"

this switchmove "crouch4" -forgot what that was, dunno if it even works :P

this switchmove "crouchshoot"

this switchmove "standshoot"

this switchmove "mediccrouch"

this switchmove "pull"

this switchmove "grab"

this switchmove "deathback" -had a few bugs, don't know if it is fixed

this switchmove "deathside"

1. Put the PBO into your addons folder.

2. You're done.

Then, once you're in the editor, use the switchmove/playmove codes.

Anton

Well, its in a folder, just install into your addons folder, open the folder called "wilcoanimation" and then move the "combatstatics" to your addons folder.

Very nice anim pack, Wilco! I especially like the crouches. I hope to release my first pack soon aswell. smile_o.gif

Pack is cool, but I just cant't match pull and grab animations.

Soliders aren't close enough - it looks like there was somekind of invisible wall sad_o.gif

Klick here smile_o.gif

Yeah that's the problem with the grab and pull animations, I just cant seem to get them to be able to come together close enough.

Huh? I was expecting an animated animation pack... You know, like the one Rouge released... Oh well I'll toy with them anyway.

But you will release an animation pack to replace the original ones, right?

@pong:  Of course, but it won't be for awhile, I still have a LONG way to go with them.

If anyone wants to beta test my animated animations just give me an email or get me on

MSN: thetuffedupsquirrel@hotmail.com

From the readme it looks like your animations aren't tagged according to OFPEC standarts.

I would like to remind you that you should "tag" them because it might lead to conflicts otherwise.

Are you planning on releasing a version that will replace the existing anims? Right now they are kind of useless except for screenshots. sad_o.gif

I tried following the instructions, but they did not work. As well, your readme is very vauge. Do I install it to the OFP/Addons or res/addons directory?

I placed the unit, then gave him a waypoint over his head. I labeled the waypoint in the activation:

this switchmove "animnamehere"

Nothing happened.

I tried following the instructions, but they did not work. As well, your readme is very vauge. Do I install it to the OFP/Addons or res/addons directory?

I placed the unit, then gave him a waypoint over his head. I labeled the waypoint in the activation:

Nothing happened.

Did you put "animhere" or did you replace it with a "crouch2" or something?

Quote[/b] ]Are you planning on releasing a version that will replace the existing anims? Right now they are kind of useless except for screenshots.

If you read my post, I said I would release a pack later in a month or so that replaces the whole anim.pbo

Quote[/b] ]From the readme it looks like your animations aren't tagged according to OFPEC standarts.

I would like to remind you that you should "tag" them because it might lead to conflicts otherwise.

I will later in the next pack/update wink_o.gif.

Yep i placed it in th addons folder and they dont showup same problem as draco.

I even tried giving it when soldiers were in safe mode , but thn spotted a bugthey started to use the effectstandtalk anim rock.gif .

None of your anims work for me wilco.

Bah

Are you sure your taking the pbo out of the folder?

And are you sure your not adding anything?

Dont use any mods like FDF or such, just try regular OFP, and if that doesnt work, then something us up.

Make a waypoint on the guy

in the INIT field add

this switchmove "crouch2"

Preview, thats all

Nothing happened.

Hey Draco I thought you left us?

Great animations Wilco, I'm finding them really useful for practise in missions. Still learning, but I'm sure that I can probobly release something.

hmm.. great animations .. but.. Wilco .. if you realy want to be in the "OFP History" then you could make some live animations... like when you'r aiming.. or like they are in that crouch mod.. but anyway.. great work

hmm.. great animations .. but.. Wilco .. if you realy want to be in the "OFP History" then you could make some live animations... like when you'r aiming.. or like they are in that crouch mod.. but anyway.. great work

So does this mean these animations do NOT replace the standard BIS ones??

That's a pitty!

sorry.. no they dont.. and that was that i wisched for..  sad_o.gif

its just addons

If they would replace the current BIS animations, wouldn't it cause problems in MP?