Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Next time you think sci-fi, think again

Hmm ,you could also try to sell the land to a Columbian cartel to set a poppy plantation on it ,or to a hacker syndicate ,or even better ,declare an independant state on it and allow for company's to have mailbox firms etc on it.  biggrin_o.gif

Btw ,what adress must i go to to claim Mars?

They´ll need to build some pipelines to refill their Dodge spacetankers slurping 10.000 litres of diesel per minute biggrin_o.gif With a good chance they will have to cross my territory located in the Mare Imbrium. Maybe I will install some sentry guns if they are not cooperative wink_o.gif

Anyway if they refuse to cross my country there´s always an option for a souvenir shop or a fly-in Mac Moon.

I´ll introduce the ferengi Rules of Aquisition for my territory as I am the lawmaker there biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Rule 029 » What's in it for me?

Rule 040 » She can touch your lobes, but never your Latinum.

Rule 042 » What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too.

Rule 284 » Deep down, everyone's a Ferengi.

And finally

Quote[/b] ]Rule 004 » A woman wearing clothes is like a man in the kitchen.

Get used to my Rules of Aquisition NASA. biggrin_o.gif

And send inspectors to search for WMD´s on my property.

For a little fee of course.

For a comfortable and safe ride I have employed the leading capacities of space rocket engineering.

We provide the technology , you the money and the payload

(*payloads heavier than 40 gramms have to be split and transferred to moon in several rockets*)

allrock1.jpg

Sign your contracts now !

Quote[/b] ]Btw ,what adress must i go to to claim Mars?

Lunar embassy also sells land on Saturn, Venus and Mars.

Make profit. Go there  biggrin_o.gif

Lunar embassy world HQ

Keep in mind. This is no joke. The land actually belongs to you when you buy it.

Quote[/b] ]Lunar embassy also sells land on Saturn, Venus and Mars.

Make profit.

I'll try to make a profit selling moon rocks tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Hmmm..................... lunar burial plots.

I was thinking more of a huge nuclear missile base tounge_o.gifwow_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Hmmm..................... lunar burial plots.

I was thinking more of a huge nuclear missile base tounge_o.gif  wow_o.gif .

Those are cheaper by the dozen here on earth.

But nuclear waste disposal................... now there's a hot market! wow_o.gifblues.gifwow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But nuclear waste disposal................... now there's a hot market!

That would be something to do with Jupiter. All you'd have to do is drop the barrels, you wouldn't even have to bury them.

me goes off now to claim the sun .... everyone who uses my light then has to pay  tounge_o.gif

/avon dons polaroids

Quote[/b] ]me goes off now to claim the sun .... everyone who uses my light then has to pay

If you can name a star, why can't you buy one? I'm going to buy a lot of stars and charge anyone who looks at them tounge_o.gif .

Personally, I'll wager they won't find much anything to really get excited about.

If they don't I hope the US will reconsider their grand vision of a manned Mars mission within the next decade.

Odd post. You seem not to have been following news.

1. They've already found traces of carbonates on the surface. Carbonates can only be created in the presence of water.

2. The "grand" vision that Bush presented was back to the moon by 2020, and no immidiate plans for Mars.

from David Letterman show.

Top Ten Reasons George W. Bush Wants To Put A Man On Mars

10. Dick Cheney needs a new undisclosed location

9. It's part of his "No Planet Left Behind" initiative

8. Great deal on the off-season airfare right now at Expedia.com

7. Maybe we'll find some weapons of mass destruction there

6. We've run out of places on Earth to drill for oil

5. Hoping to get Mork's autograph

4. We cannot back down until the people of Mars hold free elections

3. Dude, free Mars bars

2. Why not? It's not like we have an enormous debt or failing economy

1. Pete Rose bet him we wouldn't do it

1. They've already found traces of carbonates on the surface. Carbonates can only be created in the presence of water.

Didn't see this mentioned in the news. But they've already recorded past water activity on mars. What's new about this in particular?

Quote[/b] ]2. The "grand" vision that Bush presented was back to the moon by 2020, and no immidiate plans for Mars.

My mistake. I should have said within several decades:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm....lan&e=4

A human mission to Mars would take place at an unspecified time thereafter, Bush said, when the necessary technology is in place and financing allows.

Didn't see this mentioned in the news. But they've already recorded past water activity on mars. What's new about this in particular?

There is a big debate on if there ever was water on Mars. Some metorites that originate from Mars seem to indicate so, while direct measurements on Mars (Viking, Pathfinder + satellites) have not found any.

The primary mission goal of Spirit and Opportunity is to find out if Mars ever had water.

article on the carbonates find

Quote[/b] ]There is a big debate on if there ever was water on Mars. Some metorites that originate from Mars seem to indicate so, while direct measurements on Mars (Viking, Pathfinder + satellites) have not found any.

maybe they were digging in the wrong spot.......lol maybe they were digging in what they thought to be an ocean but instead was a desert, hell smart guys do on occasion make mistakes biggrin_o.gif there WAS water on mars and you can see that if you look at some pictures, the erosion and scarring left behind

More reasons:

1. We could find "The Precious" there.

2. It would just be so cool.

3. Kennebunkport (I think that's it) not big enough.

4. Osama could be hiding there.

from David Letterman show.

Top Ten Reasons George W. Bush Wants To Put A Man On Mars

10. Dick Cheney needs a new undisclosed location

9. It's part of his "No Planet Left Behind" initiative

8. Great deal on the off-season airfare right now at Expedia.com

7. Maybe we'll find some weapons of mass destruction there

6. We've run out of places on Earth to drill for oil

5. Hoping to get Mork's autograph

4. We cannot back down until the people of Mars hold free elections

3. Dude, free Mars bars

2. Why not? It's not like we have an enormous debt or failing economy

1. Pete Rose bet him we wouldn't do it

Gotta love Letterman wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Well it is time that some interstellar refinning and trade begin's ,afterall ,i always wanted to persue a career as space buccaneer.

And if some earthly goverment should bother me because i'm redeviding the wealth ,well ,i guess i can always push some meteorite in the right direction.  biggrin_o.gif

But why buy a planet ,when you can nick the empire's blueprints of the death start and build youre own "planet".It comes with a lot more firepower thats for sure...

Bye bye Hubble sad_o.gif

The first casualty of the internal cutdowns that NASA has begun to make to get financing for Bush's space plan. I really hope it's not for nothing.

Mission to Mars: A very good idea. From the Australian newspaper, "The Age". It's the Onion quality.

Quote[/b] ]George's reasons don't matter. Americans should go to Mars and Australians should go with them. Single-minded persistence in the face of futility is what humanity does best.

biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The Hubble will eventually fall out of orbit and crash to Earth, probably in 2011 or 2012. To make that event safe, Grunsfeld said, NASA will design and build a small robot craft that will be launched and guided to the Hubble.

The robot craft would "grab the Hubble and bring it into the atmosphere in a controlled manner," he said, guiding the school-bus-sized craft to harmlessly splash into a remote part of an ocean.

Thats kinda dissapointing to hear that after all the time, money, and hard work that has been put into the Hubble Space Telescope that they are just going to allow it fall out of orbit and what ever remains after it enters the atmosphere to just crash into the ocean. They could at least send a shuttle up the collect it and put it in a Museam sad_o.gif

Ok, this is alittle offtopic but it is hilarious! biggrin_o.gif

LMAO

Hehehe.

Al Sharpton - Only transmits in black and white biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, it's sad to hear about the Hubble, but it's not like they weren't going to replace it anyway. Besides, I'm sure we'll get a great few from the moon biggrin_o.gif