Sign in to follow this  
Specter

Questions:

Have you set their CombatMode appropriately to "Open Fire" - see SetCombatMode statement for details.

Scott

setcombatmode "red" but they don't even shoot when the boat is 2 meters away...

thanks...

one more thing for the moment:

one objective is to steal a chopper. now i want to force the player(s) to kill the crews and guards. my idea is, that the chopper is locked and the pilot has the keys, so you have to kill the pilot to unlock the chopper. is it possible to create such a thing as "keys" which unlock the chopper and put them in the pilots inventory?

If you want the keys in the pilots' inventory, you need a key-addon.

But you can simulate it with addaction.

An addaction "Take key"

And an other one "Unlock Heli"

I can make you an example by tommorow. (I'm at work now, I don't wanna make any mistakes... tounge_o.gif )

thanks...

one more thing for the moment:

one objective is to steal a chopper. now i want to force the player(s) to kill the crews and guards. my idea is, that the chopper is locked and the pilot has the keys, so you have to kill the pilot to unlock the chopper. is it possible to create such a thing as "keys" which unlock the chopper and put them in the pilots inventory?

If you want the keys in the pilots' inventory, you need a key-addon.

But you can simulate it with addaction.

An addaction "Take key"

And an other one "Unlock Heli"

I can make you an example by tommorow. (I'm at work now, I don't wanna make any mistakes... tounge_o.gif )

that would be great.

new day, new ideas, new questions: well, only one for now:

i know how to make an ai-plane take off, but how can i make it take off, fly some time, then land again, refuel, take off again and so on... especially the landing gives me a headche...

i know it's x-mas and you people have better things to do then help me, but i think it's time to summarize my open questions:

1) the boatcrew still doesn't shoot the boat. they all have ak74's, setbehaviour is "safe" setcombatmode is "red"

2) i need an action "take key" (which blanco makes for me, i hope)

3) i want an ai-plane to take off, fly a patrol, then land, refuel and take off again and so on...

4) i want to make a respawn, but it should only be available when objective 1 and 2 are completed. so when a player dies before those objectives are completed he/she should be a seagull (hope thats the right spelling) and as soon as the objectives are done the player should respawn.

>>edit: happy x-mas<<

Specter, I've made you two examples.

I don't have a webspace, so I 've uploaded the two versions in my briefcase, sorry 4 that

http://au.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

To get access to the files :

Yahoo! ID : ftielemans

Yahoo! PW : dey8p7

Look in the folder Specter\...

Let me know if got probs with it.

It this a MP mission?

ok thanks, i'll test it tomorow.

yes, it's a coop-mission for 6 players

it works, thanks Blanco.

1) the boatcrew still doesn't shoot the boat. they all have ak74's, setbehaviour is "safe" setcombatmode is "red"

2) i want an ai-plane to take off, fly a patrol, then land, refuel and take off again and so on...

3) i want to make a respawn, but it should only be available when objective 1 and 2 are completed. so when a player dies before those objectives are completed he/she should be a seagull (hope thats the right spelling) and as soon as the objectives are done the player should respawn.

noone can help me wih these 3 problems?! not even with one of those?!

it works, thanks Blanco.

2) i want an ai-plane to take off, fly a patrol, then land, refuel and take off again and so on...

3) i want to make a respawn, but it should only be available when objective 1 and 2 are completed. so when a player dies before those objectives are completed he/she should be a seagull (hope thats the right spelling) and as soon as the objectives are done the player should respawn.

1: If you mean that the passengers of the boat is to fire upon another boat, this is not possible.

If you want the gunner to shoot at that other boat

(gunner yourBoatName) doTarget nameofOtheBoat

(gunner yourBoatName) doFire nameofOtheBoat

should do the trick

2: place an AI plane near/on the airfield.

make waypoint (search and destroy) where you want the plane to patrol.

make one other waypoint on the airstrip

on activation nameofplane land "land"

make yet another waypoint near an fueltruck, place an trigger near the fueltruck

activation: the side of the airplane, may it be east or west, or perhaps civilan

condition: nameofplane in (list triggername)

on activation: nameofplane setFuel 1

place the last waypoint somewhere where it doesn't look to odd(possible path of the plane on the taxirunway)

make it of type cycle

3: unfortunatly I think it is not possible to change classes(object types) of players in runtime.

that would be nice if worked.

This would make "conditional" spawning possible.

No, i don't mean the crew onboard. I mean a group of soldiers who are usually the boatcrew, but they kind of take a break and sit around a campfire near the boat. So normal soldiers should fire upon the boat. Or to precise: the passengers of the boat.

No, i don't mean the crew onboard. I mean a group of soldiers who are usually the boatcrew, but they kind of take a break and sit around a campfire near the boat. So normal soldiers should fire upon the boat. Or to precise: the passengers of the boat.

AH!

Well then, that's another problem.

Normal soldiers doesn't see boats as threats, or possible units for them to destroy, as you can't order a soldier to attack an BMP with it's grenades, even if it's possible.

soldiers carrying LAW's will attack it, others will not.

the same goes for most units.

e.g.

soldiers doesn't attack helicopters except if the helicopter is an UH-60 and the soldier is carrying an MG

T-72's and M-60's doesn't attack helicopters either.

T-80's and M1A1 will.

Perhaps if you increase the skill of your soldiers sitting next to the campfire, they will start firing upon the boat, but don't be disappointed if they don't do it.

ok, a new one:

i want a uh60 to fly over my men and drop ammocrates. now this aint a problem BUT i want the crates to "use" a parachute, which is a problem, because "this moveindriver nameofpara" doesnt work. any ideas?

and a second new one:

i want to link a picture to the briefing. like "klick me" and when you klick it, you see the picture...

edit:

ok, got that... nevermind...

I forgot this scrips so I need help.

Kill, for eksample, two persons to win (something like that)

PLZ help me smile_o.gif

Nobody knows?

I do not understand your previous question.

If you want to "win" when two peoples are dead

make a trigger

!(alive unit1) && !(alive unit1)

make this an "win" trigger, look in the readme.chm file on the cd, ther's an good but simple tutorial how to do this.

if you want anything else, please specify exactly what you want.

THX ! IT was the script I was looking for  biggrin_o.gif

I try it

I see that I have made an misstake,

change

!(alive unit1) && !(alive unit1)

to

!(alive unit1) && !(alive unit2)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">!(alive unit1) && !(alive unit2)

Dont work, missing something at the end.