Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>>100kb</span>

Just walking out of class when I see this wierd bird taking off.  I got my camera and drove to the end of the runway they were using to get some pictures.  It's a Cessna CitationJet 525.  CJ1 or 2, I can't tell.

CJ_2.JPG

Same jet, N525AD (obviously).  I estimate they're about 100-200 feet AGL and maybe 200 feet down range from me.  Notice the blue tipped vertical stabilizer (up-and-down part of the tail).  There was a very small drouge chute trailing behind it, don't know what for yet.

CJ_3.JPG

Same jet, taxiing in to gas up apparently.  They stopped just after taxiing off the runway, got out, and removed the drouge chute for some reason (maybe to not damage it during taxi?).  You can also see the airports relatively new tower in the background, it's one of the most high-tech in the region.  They use it as a testbed for new systems, pretty cool stuff.

I bought one of my jeeps in a hangar across from a Cessna Citation "factory"

Isnt the Cessna Citation the fastest civilian aircraft at the moment? (The concord and Tu-144 dont count anymore...)

I would like one for christmas please:)

Or maybe one of these...

BusinessjetQueenstown0001.jpg

Can someone help me ID this? Is it a Bombadier Global Express?

That's a gulfstream G4 or G5, can't tell for sure. They're the second fastest right now. There's another one that's faster, it's not a cessna but I can't remember the name of it.

Decided to say screw it and post some of my pics. These are from my honeymoon (some 9 months ago) in Lihue, Kuai'i, Hawai'i. All taken with a plan ol' click and shoot camera. Nothin' fancy.

Sippin' Mai Tai's Loungin' In The Beach Chair

Lookin' Straight Up From Said Chair

There was something about the sky. It was the most amazing deep blue, but the camera didn't quite catch it.

Sunset In Lihue

On our way back to stupid ol' Texas, we had a stop over in Honolulu. It was supposed to by 2 days and a night, but turned into 3 days and a night when we decided to voluntarily get bumped. ("Oh no! Another night in Hawaii!") We also got $500 voucher each and free hotel for the extra night. Ended up getting us a trip to Belize for free.

Famous Waikiki Beach....Early

Normally its just wall to wall people and boats everywhere. HAd to get up early for this "empty" shot.

Can't go to Honolulu without going to Pearl Harbor, and the Arizona Memorial. The bus trip there and back was an adventure since Hawaiian buses run on Hawaii time....which is no schedules. They show up when they show up. If you are a stickler for schedule and go go go...Honolulu ain't your place.

Arizona Memorial

This is the addition plate to the name wall. The names on this wall are survivors of the Arizona who had died and asked to be interened with the rest of their shipmates in the Arizona.

Oil

The famous oil that is still leaking from the Arizona.

Hope you enjoyed! Just some of the 5 rolls of film I took during that week.

last two links don't work for me.

anyways, you can admit that you wanted to stay one more day for intimate time with your wife. there is nothing un-macho about it. wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

last two links don't work for me.

anyways, you can admit that you wanted to stay one more day for intimate time with your wife. there is nothing un-macho about it. wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Stupid bandwidth allocation. I'll see if I can move them some where.

Now your first ones don't work but the last two do. tounge_o.gif

The oil one is pretty eery though. I didn't know it was still leaking.

On a more humorous side. I guess this counts as real life photography.

SNL Karaoke? biggrin_o.gif

Ashlee Simpson got caught lip-synching.

Now your first ones don't work but the last two do. tounge_o.gif

The oil one is pretty eery though.  I didn't know it was still leaking.

and you call yourself a red-blooded american! unclesam.gifwink_o.gif

i'd say that clip does not belong here.

Hehehe, good one. smile_o.gif

Here's one I took of a spectacular sunset the other day.  A weak cold front was coming through and pushed all our crappy weather up and away to the east.  Made for a good picture.

PA220001_crop.JPG

Akira's pics from the previous page (on a proper host wink_o.gif ).........

024_21.th.jpg

020_17.th.jpg

016_13.th.jpg

015_12.th.jpg

014_11.th.jpg

009_6.th.jpg

@ Oct. 26 2004,10:27)]In lieu of something interesting, I humbly present my dorm room:

http://members.cox.net/duck_cover/SA/dorm.jpg

A hammer and sickel but no Texas flag. Well, who would want to hang a Texas flag anyways.  smile_o.gif

to cover oklahoma's flag? tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Ah, so they feel threatened by the greatness of Oklahoma and have to cover it up with a weaker Texan flag to make themselves feel better.  wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

BTW: Kansas sucks as well. 41-10  tounge_o.gif

I visited Prague last August for a vacation, never really got around to doing anything with the pics but I did stumble on a couple I'd resized, nothing spectular but figured I'd post them, I don't think I've posted them before?

(one's the matching twin of another I posted a little while back wink_o.gif )

sunset2.JPG

natmus1.JPG

natmus2.JPG

natmus3.JPG

stef1.JPG

stef2.JPG

Nice Pics Placebo. So much history there!

Here are a few new abstract photo's.

ElectricBlueLo.jpg

Electric-Blue-3b-Lo.jpg

Electric-Blue-4-Lo.jpg

Electric-Blue-2-LO.jpg

Thanks for hostin' my pics Placebo....or at least hostin' them somewhere...

Posted this a while back, but I don't think the links to the large images were working, so here it is in full size:

STHLM2.JPG

smile_o.gif