Sign in to follow this  
killagee

Xm-8 is a go!

wrong and right at the same time the 7.62 is bigger buy...cost more harder to cary,less rounds,ect.while 5.56 more rounds so you can acutally use fullauto also the 7.56 rips clean threw the enemyso that means hit a bad spot and their still alive 5.56 round when it hits a object like skin it will force the bullet turn courseand go up causing ultimate damage hitting many organs and arterys.

And again the people of this forum are talking about bullets entering people's bodies...

Overhyped military buffs = Boredom

Ok, now that the M-16 is going out and the Xm-8 is a go, will all branches of the military switch to this rifle or just the army? Plan on going into the U.S.A.F., and hope to get to train on this thing!

Come on, this thread was started to talk about the new rifle, not have a huge debate about the size of the round it shoots, you wanna debate that, start a new thread.

As for the rifle, I think that we need to have something new. Also, I saw a rifle on the history channel that was said to be the replacement for the M-16, it fired .223 and was very simmilar to the XM-8 but it was in a bull-pup configuration. Any-ways, it doesn't matter what gun our(USA) army has, we will always be the most powerful military force on the planet, at-least for the percievable future.

Ok, now that the M-16 is going out and the Xm-8 is a go, will all branches of the military switch to this rifle or just the army? Plan on going into the U.S.A.F., and hope to get to train on this thing!

'The Army' will be using the L85a2.

The US army will be mainly using M16s for at least a year or two yet.

('The Army'  means the British Army.  Its trademarked and all that stuff.)

Quote[/b] ]...we will always be the most powerful military force on the planet, at-least for the percievable future.

So? The U.S. Army should consider the needs of the basic infantryman, not how cool plastic guns look. A .280 bullpup would almost certainly serve an infantryman better than the XM-8.

Quote[/b] ]Any-ways, it doesn't matter what gun our(USA) army has, we will always be the most powerful military force on the planet

Edit - If the U.S. Army thinks this way, then the U.S. isn't going to be a superpower for much longer. "Fuck the needs of infantrymen, let's just do whatever we want!" mad_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Edit - If the U.S. Army thinks this way, then the U.S. isn't going to be a superpower for much longer. "Fuck the needs of infantrymen, let's just do whatever we want!" .

No the U.S. does not think like this, but its not the wepon that wins the war, but the soldier who does, What the man means is that we do not need a super wepon to win a war, just soldiers who know what to do, and have the guts to do it.

Quote[/b] ]No the U.S. does not think like this, but its not the wepon that wins the war, but the soldier who does, What the man means is that we do not need a super wepon to win a war, just soldiers who know what to do, and have the guts to do it.

Yes, and soldiers need good weapons.

Quote[/b] ]... and soldiers need good weapons.

So, I suppose that means that the Native Americans at the Little Big Horn had weapons that were so much better than General Custer's??? It is not the weapon, its the will.

Quote[/b] ]So, I suppose that means that the Native Americans at the Little Big Horn had weapons that were so much better than General Custer's???

Uhh actually they did. wink_o.gif

Picky-

Quote[/b] ]So, I suppose that means that the Native Americans at the Little Big Horn had weapons that were so much better than General Custer's???  It is not the weapon, its the will.

Thats gotta be the dumbest damn post I've ever seen. Nice to see that you did absolutly NO research into the shit you said.

You broke the mold.

Merc

OK, we've had the bunfight over ballistics, now we're having squabbles over Custer's last stand...

If we can't stick to the topic, and be civilised about it, this thread will be closed.

But this subject is somewhat related to the XM-8 and whether it's a good choice (It isn't tounge_o.gif ).

Quote[/b] ]Thats gotta be the dumbest damn post I've ever seen. Nice to see that you did absolutly NO research into the shit you said

Huhh?!? What reasearch is there to do? Are you saying that a bow-and-arrow is a better weapon than a Rifle? If gonna say my post was dumb, at least have the balls to say WHY!

cause Indians back then also had rifle.

since this is going to be a flamefest, i will close this thread.