Sign in to follow this  
igor drukov

Wwii 82nd pathfinders

Hey there all of you !

I'm not a frequent poster, but I've been carefully perusing various OFP-related forums for a while now, and I think I come up today with something worthy of you.

Description :

This mission is an attempt at realistic historical mission-designing.

It is set on June 6th, 1944, around 0130. You're a Pathfinder, and your mission is to LIGHT THE DROP-ZONES of your oncoming friends.

To do so, you'll have to retrieve a sufficient number of men, who all carry beacons, and then light a "T" with those beacons.

Next, you're to join the newly-dropped troops, and secure an outpost.

This mission contains :

* an intro

* a detailed briefing

* cutscenes

* an outro

* various dialogs to : - light the "T"

- use alternative systems to signal the DZs

- adjust the volume of your voice when you challenge men around you ; the louder, the more likely you are to reveal your positions to the patrolling Germans.

* custom sounds and radio voices

As this mission uses Event Handlers, it is recommended to play in on 1.94.

The links :

* The mission : the .zip file contains a ReadMe.txt and the .pbo ( 2.6 Mb).

* The addons : - Invasion1944 demo (44 Mb)

- Lester's reall lights (6 kb)

- the flak (450 kb)

All links to the addons are in the ReadMe.txt or on my "site" (no comment, lol).

Eventually :

Please don't play this mission using modified config.cpp : it contains FX of its own.

I hope you're going to enjoy as much as I did creating and testing it tounge_o.gif .

It takes about 40 minutes to complete it, and this is serious play.

You WILL fail to complete some objectives, and things WILL go wrong. But you WILL get a good score if you keep low and strike hard.

Don't forget : you're outnumbered, surrounded and under-equipped...

Good luck and enjoy !

Igor

I got this from OFPEC a while back and all I loved it.

Quote[/b] ]It takes about 40 minutes to complete it, and this is serious play.

40 minutes? Took me a good couple of hours, with retrys etc. Is this the final version? I've got one of the first beta's, would like to get the final

Hey !

This mission has indeed been in beta-testing on OFPEC for a while now. I've been working on it for a year wow_o.gif !

A lot of things have changed, no doubt. It is less processor intensive (no @s, no useless particles), and the way you recruit your men is different, it's a lot more strategic.

Besides, you've got a real battle at the end, more radios, more possibilities in the way to complete objectives, and... a surprise wink_o.gif !

Is it final ? Yes, I guess you can say it is past version 1.0, but I'm waiting for still more feedback to make it the "absolute" v. 2.0 smile_o.gif .

Ig.