Sign in to follow this  
KAForces

The last samurai

I liked it a lot, though it kind of reminded me of "Dances With Samurai"  wink_o.gif

Dances with Samuari?

I think you mean Dances with Wolves... rock.gif

And the movie was awsome biggrin_o.gif

He knows what he means. It is said to be similar to 'Wolves' and as such has been dubbed 'Dances with Samurai' by a number of people. CNN.com I think was the first place I saw it.

yeah its good its got billy connally is in it ,Brillant Scottish comedian who used to be a ship builder in glasgow and my dad new him before he became famous smile_o.gif think of a drunk version of robin williams with a scottish acent and youre just about there to what his stand up is like biggrin_o.gif

The Architectural digest of Nov. 2003 had some article regarding the movie set.

The samurai village scene was taken in New Zealand, and the city scene was here in California. And although the research was done to make thing a bit more authentic, in conclusion, another holywood camera magic. tounge_o.gif

Read it was another "White man comes to backward culture and lifts backward savages up" type of story.

From the previews it looked like (and I was hoping) it was the other way around. That Japan and the Japanese would show Tom's character the "right way" or help him find himself or what have you.

I'll probably go see it, but I'll be less enthusiastic if its another whitey making himself feel good movie .

Quote[/b] ]Read it was another "White man comes to backward culture and lifts backward savages up" type of story.

Sounds like typical Hollywood sad_o.gif .

I think that Tom is not putting down any other race becuse he just got over killing the Native Amercins that he lived with and haveing to kill them.

And he c's the same thing going on with this new people and he doesnt want the same thing to happen to them put the story line to dance w/ wolfs and samurai both good movie like enamy at the gates and lots of other good war movies

Enamy at the gates is the all time best to me biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

yeah its good its got billy connally is in it ,Brillant Scottish comedian who used to be a ship builder in glasgow and my dad new him before he became famous smile_o.gif think of a drunk version of robin williams with a scottish acent and youre just about there to what his stand up is like biggrin_o.gif

I saw him in Timeline too, pretty funny guy.

Damn, I just saw it today with a mate of mine..... I have to say that my expectations were low before watching the movie..... But afterwards, MAN THATS THE BEST MOVIE i've seen in a while..... biggrin_o.gif