Sign in to follow this  
CaptQ

The civilian planes

Does anyone fly the civilian planes ? i don't know what they are called but the remind me of Cesnas sp ?

they are by far the most fun to fly. its good to mess around with. shoot the civilian and take his plane.

I fly the civ plane when I want to check out the battlefield when I'm making a mission. Say if I got a NATO tank platoon vs a Soviet tank platoon, and I want to see it from the air, I fly the cesna over the battle and see it from the air. I wish there was a civie helicoptor because the plane is harder to fly than a helicoptor.

-=Die Alive=-

yeah, cuz they don't fire on it. It took me awhile to figure out how to fly that thing. I still haven't been able to land it. i can't decrease my speed enough. ah well pratice lol.

The Cessna is perfect for some missions that aren't of this

"go there, and kill'em all" style.

Just for example an "Escape from Everon, using all you get get your hands on" mission.

Ist also perfect to bring some life into the Malden Scenery, like the civilian cars do.

The Cessna flys the best out of all the planes and it is fun to set it up to explode when it crashes in style.

I can't say I've had that much time to play since I upgraded to 1.3 a while back but it seems to me the a10 is easier to fly as it gets up a good speed and a large amount of lift easily - where as when I gave it a quick test flight the cesna did that annoying thing where you fly towards the ground, lift the nose but the plane continues toward the ground.

I prefer the su-25 to flying rather than the a10.

The civvie planes quite nice for having a quick flight around map as for laning it just set the flaps fully down and ease off the gas until you start to fall then just tap the gas enough to stay in the air until you reach the runway to land

i think the cessna's the easiest plane to fly in the game, it doesnt take much runway to land/takeoff, and it's slow, which can be a good thing for some missions that u can use it to scout around....but have anyone seen it get blown up by AA soldier? or AAAs?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from residuum on 3:13 am on Dec. 5, 2001

I can't get altitude in any plane.  I remember going to like 800 in the SU whatver but now in A-10 and cessna I can't get above 300.  What am I doing wrong?

<span id='postcolor'>

were u in a level flight when u flew the SU?

the cessna's not supposed to go faster than 300, try to go into a dive with the A10 to see if it can go faster

Well I can keep my s**t in the air just fine..I had alittle trouble flying the A10 at first but you just have to show that beast who is boss.....but flying is my favorite thing to do in flashpoint so I'd like to see allot more stuff........should add a crop duster or something to mess around in.......

(Edited by Rogue2020 at 2:53 pm on Dec. 5, 2001)

Ever since 1.3 I've had trouble flying the Cessna. Before it was fine, but now, any time I turn, I loose altitude, and gaining altitude in general is very difficult. On the last mission, if I pass the runway and attempt to turn around, I have to do in in about a 30 mile radius or the plane will just die in the turn and I fly right into the trees. Anyone else experience this?

The main problem I have flying it is just the viewing distance; it's hard to land on a runway when you can't see the runway to line up with it until you're within 600m or so.

I think the Cesna is easier to fly. I just hit forward and slowly move my mouse up and get some lift. I LOVE CESSNA...d*amn i spelld it wrong i think but i'm lazy to cahnge.

there should be more plans,...like those that can land in water. the ones drug runners use.

i like to fly ceesna into a10s. but eject before...thats some awsome tking. (goofing around of course)

ever tried cutting the engines in mid air and trying to land it in 1 piece, very fun i can tell you, espeically doing just off the coast and trying to make it to dry land.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Die Alive on 9:40 am on Dec. 4, 2001

I wish there was a civie helicoptor because the plane is harder to fly than a helicoptor.

-=Die Alive=-

<span id='postcolor'>

If all your doing is checking it out, make yourself a civilian man and put an empty chopper next to you. Then just hop in and go. That's always what I do.

I don't know how many of you have a joystick but it is alot easier to fly the planes with one plus you can do airlion roles, loops, and all that with a joystick while you can't go inverted at all with a mouse. Its kind of funny though I've never played a game before where the helicopter is easier to fly than the mouse.

I don't know how many of you have a joystick but it is alot easier to fly the planes with one plus you can do airlion roles, loops, and all that with a joystick while you can't go inverted at all with a mouse. Its kind of funny though I've never played a game before where the helicopter is easier to fly than the plane.

It's true that the joystick changes things in games like in the game fly....when your in what you might as well call a death roll you can't do s**t..your going straight into the ground but when you have a joystick hooked up you can get the plain back under control....