Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Enemy spawning script

Hi all,

I have been searching a few different sites for a few days now and i can't seem to find a script that will allow me to place all the enemy units on the map and give them waypoints but then hides them until i am ready for them to start their counter attack.

I found scripts that will allow you to spawn units that would then patrol x number of meters away from and then around a defined object but thats not what i need.

I am trying to reduce overall lag by not having the units on the map when it starts. But i still need them to appear a distance away (so you cant see them) and then move towards the engagement area. This is for a mission i am making on Tonal island where you must take a bridge and hold it against an increasing counter attack.

Any help as always is greatly appreciated and will be given credit in my mission smile_o.gif

Also,

if there is already a thread on how to do this plz link me so this thread can get locked.

Thanks unclesam.gif

I'm not sure if it'll do what you want, since I've never used it, but you might want to take a look at the EnemyStack system from Chain of Command. I think it does something similar to what you are talking about, but that may not be the case.

The Chain of Command

Thanks for the help, i just today downloaded a bunch of stuff from CoC and i will also check out Doolittles' script as well biggrin_o.gif

Actually ES from CoC does not normally remove the units from the map on startup. You could probably do it by playing with some variables, but I'd just try the other systems first. smile_o.gif

regards

If i could comprehend Czech then i would be able to see how BIS did it in the CWC Campaign crazy_o.gif

Don't the just place the leaders, then spawn the whole group in and let their waypts rip on special events?

I think thats how they do it, but i am still kinda new to the script speak so im not sure, the mission in the campaign i speak of is "Rescue" when Armstrong helps out his new-found resistance buddies.

On a side note, going through the CoC goodies i can see how much it's going to help me with the campaign im making for the Eastern Front Mod especially since its going to be focused on the Battle of Kursk and will feature many tanks and arty.