Sign in to follow this  
Captiain Crunch

Defense

I am new here glad to be aboard,. I was wondering if this is the place to ask questions about campaign missions? I have been trying to finish a mission "defense" where me and another have to stop a group of tanks from entering a town called LaPessage I believe. Me and the leader manage to place the mines and destroy the tanks with the help of a shot from the LAW. You are then notified that the portion of the mission is complete. You are then to reunite with your squad. Problem is, I can't find the "squad" to reunite with. I followed the leader back to the town and he stops by a building and just stands there. There are several soldiers up the hill near a tank who do the same as well as some down in a depression laying prone with thier weapons aimed at nobody. What I want to know is, where is the sqaud ? I've knocked out the tanks and want to move on to the next mission. Also there is nobody to come and pick us up as the leader radioed previously. Have I overlooked a detail in this mission or is it a bug? Thanks.

I know you are knew, but this should be in the OPF Missions forum. I have encountered this bug too, but with mine a T-72 or two would get away and when the squad came to pic us up in the m113, they would be blown to pieces.

What I had to do is kill all the tanks with the mines, or shoot the ones that survived very quickly so that they didn't kill your squad arriving in the m113. Soon after they arrive, the UAZ that went by before the tanks came will come back to investigate what happened. Kill the soliders and destroy the UAZ and the mission will end in sucess. wink_o.gif

I know you are knew, but this should be in the OPF Missions forum.

It is in the OFP missions forum. crazy_o.gif

He prolly replied through the remaining link that's all. smile_o.gif Or saw the link and... you know what I mean.

I know you are knew, but this should be in the OPF Missions forum.

It is in the OFP missions forum.  crazy_o.gif

Well Hellfish, you fast fingers and amazing moderating skills closed the original topic before I could post the reply. So I copied what I typed and put it in the new topic.

To answer captain's question in the other topic he made (Which was promptly closed too) the M113 MUST Survive. You have to kill the tanks before they kill the m113 or the mission never ends.

Thanks. But tell me why I get the objective completed signal after I knock out the tanks? According to what you say, I'd have to get a LAW and run 500 m up the road to knock out the tanks before they even get close to the ammo crates where the leader is waiting. Usually after the UAZ passes the first time, the tanks open up on the M113 sitting atop the hill to the west of me. These tanks are firing at it from approx 4/500 m up the road from where the ammo crates are. Even if I did that the leader is yelling at me to get back in formation. I can't tell the M113 to hide his ass can I, because he gets blown away everytime. Basicallly you're saying run up the road and plant the mines and then back and get the LAW , then they wont shoot at the M113 atop the hill? Something's funny here. I could have at least been told that the mission failed and why. I played all through Resistance without posting a question. This is baloney. What gives man? Thank you.

OKay let me tell you how to do this:

1> Lay mines with leader, makes yours in a line perpendicular to the road, so the first tank will hit, the second will go left and be hit, the third should go right and be hit, the fourth usually makes it through, so take out your law and kill the tank. Aim for the engine box, it usually kills the crew in one shot, if not, just pop in another one and it will be destroyed.

Follow this example for mine laying:

=Road

*mine

======*========<<<<Incoming Tanks

NOTE: Mines should be spaced 15-25 meters apart, or about 10 paces. Too close and one tank will hit the first mine, bounce onto the second and even third mine.

2> The UAZ will pass, then the tanks will come and hopefully get taken out. The M113 shows up if the tanks make it through the mine field, so do what you can to either kill the survivors or get the surviving tanks attention so they won't shoot the m113. I beat this mission because I got the surviving 2x T-72s to beeline straight for me, they hit the mines that they missed the first time.

3> The m113 shows up, and soon after the UAZ does too, kill it and mission ends.

Got it? wink_o.gif

No, I don't. I have already figured out how to lay the mines. What I need to know is WHERE is this M113 to begin with? That Sob never showed up after I knocked out the tanks because if it is on the hill to the West of me, it gits blown away every time. Are you saying that there is another one somewhere? I don't have any problem dispatching the tanks or the crew that survives, but, a M113 never showed up. I blew the UAZ last time and still couldn't end the mission. I suppose I could use the cheat to unlock the next mission, but I would really rather complete this one on my own. So, could you tell me where the M113 is to start with? It seems to be the key to finishing this mission, not the freakin tanks. As a matter of fact, knocking the tanks out is easy, I've done it a dozen times a dozen different ways. One shot takes out the UAZ, no big deal. One time even, the leader called it to come pick us up, but it never showed. Then he ran to town and just stood there. WTF? Thanks.

From what I can tell, I am guessing english is not your first language. While it may not be important, you are completly misunderstanding what I am saying. There is no other M113! Do not assume there is no other one, the one that blows up is the one that you have to save!

There is no further help I can offer you, thousands of people have beat this mission, so good luck.

Was it because I misspelled a word and used a few abbreviated expletives? All I was asking was, how to save the M113 when it's up the hill 500m to the west out in the open in plain view of 4 formidable tanks. In Resistance, I took command and told the crew to take cover. Obviously, strategic manuevers isn't this missions first languag either. By the way, I'm not too particularly impressed with your English either, and I don't appreciate you making deragotive references to mine. If you can't answer my questions, or are having difficulty discerning the nature of them, kindly leave me the @!$## alone and let someone more competent reply.

Got that?Get it.

hey, calm down, lads! biggrin_o.gif

But I'll try and answer your question...

After destroying the tanks (and make sure they're REALLY taken out, you know, messed up and smoking, that sometimes is the solution to missions that don't end) your leader should call for someone to pick up your squad. Once it arrives, hop on!

I can't remember the UAZ coming back, but if it does, well, just take it out. And probably make sure all of the tank crew is dead.

I didn't know the M113 was already that close when you start the mission...probably you've set the view distance too high...

I hope that helps...