Sign in to follow this  
r1c0cH3T

Well yet another great addon being made by martin!

biggrin_o.gif Your a dick maty,and most people now know it.

help is an option!!! NOT

I do the best i can,I`m sorry that i am not the best,and my knowledge of o2 and editing are still limited,but in time.

I am making this addon for myself and the pictures that are

displayed of this addon are of a not yet finished version.

So please take that large chip you have on your shoulder

and go away (please)

( "Anger has such life dosn`t it" ) crazy_o.gif

martin.   smile_o.gif he he 

Hmm. It looks like another addon maker who has no idea, what are sharp/smooth edges in O2 good for   mad_o.gif

I'm sick from good models with "cushion" lighting. Why when somebody spent month of work on modeling and texturing he cant spent another few hours with adding sharp edges at places where it should be??

That's a tad harsh and uncalled for, I'm sure Martin knows exactly what they are for. Remember this is a work in progress, a very impressive work in progress at that, one that I am eagerly awaiting.

biggrin_o.gif Your a dick maty,and most people now know it.

help is an option!!! NOT

I do the best i can,I`m sorry that i am not the best,and my knowledge of o2 and editing are still limited,but in time.

I am making this addon for myself and the pictures that are

displayed of this addon are of a not yet finished version.

So please take that large chip you have on your shoulder

and go away (please)

( "Anger has such life dosn`t it" ) crazy_o.gif

martin.   smile_o.gif he he 

Sorry. It shouldn't be an insult. This DC-3 is nice model, but (as soo many other addons) it's missing few important finishing touches. And that's what i was trying say. There is too many addons with bad lighting and i just hope your DC-3 will be NOT another one. Simply because i like this plane and your model has potential be perfect...

Looks good enough to me.. I wish I could model in o2!!!

Tell me, are you self taught? (EDIT: Sorry, I mean, have you learnt 3d modelling in any packages like Lightwave/ 3D Max etc)

How did you learn O2? Decent tutorials are like finding hen's teeth (colonel klink's is quite good though, but nothing for creating new human models, lol)

Looks good enough to me.. I wish I could model in o2!!!

Tell me, are you self taught? How did you learn O2? Decent tutorials are like finding hen's teeth (colonel klink's is quite good though)

Try Brrseb's tutorials, don't have a link to hand sorry I'm in work sad_o.gif, they helped me get started using O2.

Hi

Thats ok Ian, I`m sure you were just trying to be constructive! in your own little way  smile_o.gif

Good luck

And do try to put your brain in gear before your fingers.

It saves beening rude.  wink_o.gif

martin.

Hi

Thats ok Ian, I`m sure you were just trying to be constructive! in your own little way  smile_o.gif

Good luck

And do try to put your brain in gear before your fingers.

It saves beening rude.  wink_o.gif

martin.

When we are talking about rude persons. You said about me i'm a "dick maty". I have no idea, what is a "dick maty" and i don't wanna know it. But i have that straaange feeling it wasn't nice. wink_o.gif

I thought Col. Klink's aircraft tutorial was great, but I wish it could be finished.

My main area of interest is aviation, and I'd love to be able to make decent looking aircraft models. I tried BRSSEB's tutes too, but for some reason I just thought Col. Klink's was much clearer and easy to follow smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]what is a "dick maty" and i don't wanna know it

I think he was talking about himself b/c he is matyboy. maybe like a note to self... I dunno

But anyway, martin, I am very excited about having this fine machine in my folder. Every picture just looks better and better. keep up the top-notch work blues.gif

Looks good. Maybe we can see a camouflaged version? A lot of countries, especially in Africa, used the DC-3 up until just a few years ago.

They're still present in some parts of rural South America (i.e. Colombia), too. They're reliable, sturdy planes.

Nice. Looks like from MS Flight Simulator: A Century of Flight smile_o.gif

But please... i beg you. Fix the lighting. Add sharp edges at places where they should be. If you don't know how, just let me know, i can help you with it.

He said on his site that the lighting is still being fixed.

He said on his site that the lighting is still being fixed.

Yes. He said. But he has same problem on rest his already released models, wich is a shame, because they are one of best models around. Just with this little flaw.

Looks good. Maybe we can see a camouflaged version? A lot of countries, especially in Africa, used the DC-3 up until just a few years ago.

They're still present in some parts of rural South America (i.e. Colombia), too. They're reliable, sturdy planes.

Thats if you can find the parts, or find the planes to cannibilize. sad_o.gif

Hi

Ian what are you talking about?

1/ polygon detail on corners??

2/ polygon sharp or smoothing??

3/ texture lighting??

4/ o2 light sourse??

Do you think you could be a little more constructive

in how and what you say.

martin.

I`m just starting to get i little Pi**ed off with some people

making comments with out being more constructive

about what they say,if you are so  B*** good at o2

go and build one youself.

There are many people out there that will love it

so who gives a C*** about what you think.

So be constructive,not just make loose comments,about what

you could do.

Hi

Ian what are you talking about?

1/ polygon detail on corners??

2/ polygon sharp or smoothing??

3/ texture lighting??

4/ o2 light sourse??

Do you think you could be a little more constructive

in how and what you say.

I mean second option. Polygon sharp or smoothing. First - it's misunderstanding. It's not a smooth or sharp polygon, but smooth or sharp edge. It gives you way more possibilities when you are creating model. I think best what i can do is show you some example pics.

When you are modelling in O2, all created edges are lighted as "round". So modelled (or imported from 3DS) object looks like this one:

smooth.jpg

Wich is how most addons look.

But there is possibility add some sharp lighting at edges. Again, many model makers is it doing wrong. Selecting whole object and pressing "U" key with result like this:

sharp.jpg

But right way is select only edges (or faces) wich you want have sharp and result should be like this:

both.jpg

Good example of simple model is drink glass:

There is wireframe of it:

glass_wire.gif

In Buldozer it looks like this:

glass_smooth.jpg

There is clearly vissible how wrong it looks. There should be sharp edges at least at bottom and top of the glass. So first i selected only top points of it and give them sharp lighting and then bottom. Here's result:

glass_sharp.jpg

Now it looks right.

Key for making edges sharp in O2 is "U", make them smooth you can with "I".

If you already know it, i'm sorry to annoy you with explanation. If not, i'm glad to help.

And don't take it personally. I think you are very good modeller and i have all your released addons. I was just sad they are missing some sharp edges. Best example of some of your models is James Bond's Little Nellie. It's soo nice model, but on wings and flaps is light doing very ugly things (especially when is object textured with bright colors is it way worse).

So i'm hope i was now constructive enough for your taste wink_o.gif

Very good post Ian, I have to admit alot of my older models lacked proper lighting, only recently have I taken more time to do it properly.

Might be useful for you to copy that post to the O2 Doc section so people can reference it easier.

SelectThis

Very good post Ian, I have to admit alot of my older models lacked proper lighting, only recently have I taken more time to do it properly.

Might be useful for you to copy that post to the O2 Doc section so people can reference it easier.

SelectThis

Thanks.

Ok. I posted it in O2 Doc section. I hope it helps smile_o.gif

Offtopic (sorry martin).

I hope the jeep becomes some JP textures and the glass is for a "t-rex approching cutscene"!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

offtopic: hehe that would be nice... some jungle parts of Tonal reminded me of that scene tounge_o.gif

ontopic: doesn't binarizing convert all faces to smooth setting? I think I've read something like that before, not sure though. rock.gif