Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Rf airborne troups released!

I was on my way to create a few training missions for fire arms.

Seems like alot of people takes them for granted. On short firing ranges its ok, you can shoot anything and you will hit the target, but when you are trying to hit a target using a weapon with a PSO tipe sight, thinking is a must, and experience.

Sadly, I haven't come with a single addon that use this sights that makes justice to the reall life ones, not even the JAM ones.

http://www.binocularsmart.com/scopes....osp.gif

This picture above is self explanatory, and I have to say that I tryed this system all the times in OFP and never worked. I even used another soldier grouped with me so I can tell him how far the target is, so I make sure that is 1000 metres away, or whatever, and no, not good.

So, see if we can get a decent working 7.62 with PSO scope that works nice. wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Edited picture to link.

Looks almost just likethis. There is really no problem what is this reticle look like. I think there are few versions. My own PSO-1 has, hem, how to say it, bolded lines like at my link and top chevron with more spread wings. Rangefinders is calibrated only for 1,7 meters high targets.

The main problem with those optics for me is that it is x8 (should be x4). Why?

The second thing is in OFP player cannot use knobs. So only first chevron could be used like in reality, others are not calibrated for 1000, 1100, 1200 and 1300 meters.

I see the only way out in good ballistics and PSO-1 (or other version) x4.

When I download the file and try to unzip it I get an errormessage that the file is not complete or something like that! sad_o.gif Any other mirrors out there?rock.gif

The main problem with those optics for me is that it is x8 (should be x4). Why?

The target will look bigger in a higer magnification, so the scales will be wrong sad_o.gif

That's my point too.

So you know what I meen.

I think that if all the PSO scopes were on 4 magnification we could get alot more of a real aiming.

Ofcourse, the balistics of the weapon influence in that aswell, but getting the drop I get with the JAMed Dragunof, compared to the scope, is ridiculous.

I know that the JAMed Dragunov have nothing to do with this topic, I was using it as an example. And I got nothing against JAM, all the contrary, I love JAM, I just think that the scome+JAM combination don't seem to work.

I should report that to BAS really... rock.gif

LOL. I'm tallking too much.

Good addon! I had some good time shooting Rangers and Deltas with my VDV squad.  biggrin_o.gif

Weapon textures were top quality and I liked the helmet on/off script. The mysterious RPG optics was bit annoying.

@cero, there is a way out from problems with scale. I think BIS modelmakers had done x8 PSO-1 because this optic sight has very small diameter - 24 mm. So with magnitification correctly scaled x 4 PSO-1 in game would player would see two times see than now. BIS had to choose between reality and playability and optic sight of their SVD has two times bigger magnitification and field of vision (when you look at screen).

But now there is a question about behaviour of non-BIS addon makers. There are discussions about recoil, bullet power, ballistics, rate of fire, how to make it more looking like in reality. But still aiming with SVD familly rifles has nothing from those reality.

tounge_o.gif yay! did I miss something or ORCS made unannounced update of pack   rock.gifRussian Airborne Troops v 1.25 (upd. edition) biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

*Edit

Forgot to mention that it is going to be update in to v1.5 some time soon.

@ORCS team:

Any chance to see your site in english too rock.gif as I dont understand too much in russian and navigating rather in blind through site wink_o.gif

I'll play with updated units as soon as i get back to my home smile_o.gif

Would it be possible to make a soldier model who is not in combat? Something like this perhaps? It would be really nice since that is one thing I feel is missing from OFP. It would add a certain feeling when you are leaving for a mission on a rainy day and others are home in the base playing cards and drinking vodka smile_o.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, the photo is edited from "The Russian store" the original one has four different uniforms on it.

EDIT2: Just saw the updates on OFP.info. The new AK is looking sweet guys! Keep up the excellent work!