Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bulldozer and dx9 - issue?

I recently installed Direct X 9 and since then when Bulldozer loads it doesn't increase the gamma to game values anymore.

I have recreated the flashpoint.cfg file and copied it to the Bulldozer dir but still it remains dark.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Are you running Buldozer in a window?

If yes, the fact gamma was working before was really a bug, as windowed application should not be able to control monitor gamma.

Suma, I have another problem with DX9 and my GeForce 4 TI4800SE card, whenever I alt tab it's very laggy and everything is antialiased (as I have antialiasing turned on ingame). Do you know anything about this?

Are you running Buldozer in a window?

If yes, the fact gamma was working before was really a bug, as windowed application should not be able to control monitor gamma.

thanks for the reply Suma.

I was using the following switches....not sure if that means it was in a window or not.

-noland -dx -window

So the follow on question from this Suma is:

Even when I use the Windowskey+T or Y (to advance time to midday), the Bulldozer window is never as bright as it appears in game.

This makes it very difficult to texture as the color in bulldozer is a lot darker than when viewed in game.

Is there any way to fix this? Is there also a way to view the time of day in bulldozer?

I don't know off hand but maybe looking straight up in the buldozer cam view after changign the time with those key combinations would help a little (when sun is directly overhead it's 12;00)...

PS: you are half the devil, TS, 333 posts :P

ive always had problems with buldozer but not from being to dark but from being to light in full screen and also from being in a really low resolution. ive tried changing the config but to no avail it alsways stays the same, the low res problem im not bothered by snice i can ran 4x full screen anti alising anyway rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]I was using the following switches....not sure if that means it was in a window or not.

-noland -dx -window

the Bulldozer window is never as bright as it appears in game.

You are using -window, therefore your Buldozer is running in a window, not fullscreen. The way we use it here mostly is running it full screen on secondary monitor - this way gamma works. I do not think there is anther way to this.