Sign in to follow this  
=Matt=

Voting system

Seeing much multiplayer video games, during my netgaming xperience, i noticed that callvoting systems are always more userfriendly than the way that ofp or battlefield use...

in ofp there are still ppl that dont know how to vote for an admin, or even a kick, or a mission..., if they only had to press F1(yes) or F2(no) for someone who called a vote, that would be easier...

(and maybe add some console commands, like the possibility of changing name during game, or coulored names smile_o.gif:) )

good idea but i DONT want flashy names above the enemies heads, itl take away the use of hiding behind bushes and ruin the gameplay! biggrin_o.gif

in ofp there are still ppl that dont know how to vote for an admin, or even a kick, or a mission...,

)

I am proud to be one. tounge_o.gif

good idea but i DONT want  flashy names above the enemies heads, itl take away the use of hiding behind bushes and ruin the gameplay! biggrin_o.gif

in ofp u can set if seeing friendly and enemy tag or not ;)

and colored clan tags are cool blues.gif

No, please don't. Anyone that is too stupid to know how to do these things, or ask how to do them, shouldn't be allowed to vote. In other games people just call votes and idiots press the first button that comes to hand.

No, please don't.  Anyone that is too stupid to know how to do these things, or ask how to do them, shouldn't be allowed to vote.  In other games people just call votes and idiots press the first button that comes to hand.

yeah, so let's put ASM votes ;)

No, please don't. Anyone that is too stupid to know how to do these things, or ask how to do them, shouldn't be allowed to vote. In other games people just call votes and idiots press the first button that comes to hand.

No, but the problem is you can not get a vote passed on anything if too many people abstain like that. It makes for an ineffective voting system too often. When you call a vote, there should be a short time limit to vote, then a decision should be made based only on people who did not abstain.

This would mean, first person to vote on something generates a small message everywhere telling people a vote is underway, 20s will be decided. And if that person was the only one to vote, he gets his way. wink_o.gif Heh.

what is needed is a way to recall a voted admin, i have seen to many noob admins and either afk or just don't know what to do. only problem is that a group of ppl (example: a clan) could come in and vote one of them admin. dunno, i been playing on my clan server for teh most part and have not had the need for voted admin (#login biggrin_o.gif )... but its a pain when i go to join another server and we got a noob admin....