Sign in to follow this  
GalComT

Suspension (shock absorbers)

I am working on a 8 wheeled vehicel (4axis), it is basicaly done and i am now working on getting a fiew effects to work on of the effects i would like to add is a working suspension (shock absorbers), i know the selections are Levy Predni tlurnic, levy prostredni tlurnic,....and so on, but what do i do with those selection names, do i name the tires, do i simply mark a ppoint in the memory lod for the maximum of the suspension, or is it something else.

any Help would be great,

greetings galComT

Yes name the tires appears to work.Check out Brssebs car tutorial for some help. http://ofp.info/brsseb/

I'm curious on how I can get the suspension to move, the tires go up and down fine, but I would like a piece of suspension to also move like STT KLR250's rear swingarm on his dirtbike

Bratty

Could you define the vertices that make up the end of the

swing arm as part of the wheel (kolo_whatever)? They would

then move with the wheel, right?

Originally my wheels were named pravy prendi kolo and they rotated fine.

Changing the name to pravy prendi tlumic makes them roll and go up and down with the bumps

Adding the swingarm to this selection makes the swingarm rotate also which is what i don't want.

Does anyone know the naimng of suspension pieces? Like If I had an axle that I wanted to go up and down and in this case a rear swingarm,I know it can be done as Selecthis KLR does it.But he binarized the addon.

On the KLR the rotating rear wheel is set to the pravy zadni selection. The wheel + shockabsorber parts (and other bits that rise up and down) are set to the pravy zadni tlumic selection. Not all of the swing arm is part of the selection.

Front wheel selections are

rotating - pravy predni

moving - pravy predni tlumic

In the geo lod, the objects for the rear wheel is set to pravy zadni tlumic. as is the landcontact points.

SelectThis

Wow thanx!! Now the bike jiggles and shakes and falls over but I am getting closer. Something I am missing still

might be something in the geo lod or landcontact making it shake.

I had to spend alot of time tweaking the geo mass distribution to keep the AI on the bike, so let me know if you have any further issues.

SelectThis