Sign in to follow this  
FetishFool

I strongly doubt that there will be a v1.40

all that l337 s**t pisses me off.

But anywsy I agree with 84 , he has a good point.

I also still play TA , and like gaswell said I can tell a bad game from good , thats why I have a shelf of game boxes with dust on them and a couple of VERY shiney cd's, (I had to replace steel panthers), that are never to far from my cd drive. Flashpoint is one of those.

My flashpoint CD has been out of my CD-Burner 4 times since June 22nd. (Only because when i have to burn cds...as u see, i dont burn alot).

My cd-burner is the only one that can read the flashpoint cd anyways. And when I install Deamon tools, it wont even start.

Well, i dont care, then i get to use my burner....for something....it was quite expensive ya know wink.gif

Actually, I see OFP as a good replacement for the now aging Counter Strike and Halflife.

Games like rogue spear tend to have a following that also like CS too, OFP provides a lot that these gamers want out of their games.

The netcode was very bad to start with and once up on a time I simply would not have been able to host a game. Now though I can host on a single ISDN line and the people that join say its plays very well.

Now it may not be as good as games like Quake over the net but the netcode is fine now. The recent patches have turned it from practically unplayable to infiniately enjoyable.

The addons and patches released so far tell me Codemasters what to place this game in a position where they can release minor addons for years to come and rake in the money. Redhammer is but the first of these addons.

They continue to support a game thats already 6 months old too.

So on the whole, given its age, Id say the OFP community is doing very well. Now I dont play on the pubs much but as a member of Orion Faction we have regular games between clan members.

It is fun to play against people you know you see smile.gif

OF is currently creating a new branch for OFP so other people can join. If your not getting the fun out of the game that you think you should be having then why not sign up for Orion faction.

You see we are still having fun with game, I play on UK and USA servers and find it playable on both sides of the pond. As do the USa members of OF. Im a brit, so is the guy in charge of the new OFP branch of the clan btw.

We want more EU members anyway.

So if your bored or cannot get a game of OFP

Sign up for Orion Faction, we are a friendly bunch. We play for fun and titles or ranks are not a weapon to batter the membership with at OF.

http://www.orionfaction.com/

PS we even produce our own missions when we get bored of the existing ones. Theres 5 on my website right now. Although the first 3 where writen soon after the games release before LP's editing site closed and as such are a little rough around the edges. Combat rally is still fun though smile.gif

Giskard

I agree with Espectro. This game has the most realistic feeling of any game I can think of to date, and thats whats kept me coming back to it over and over.

This pisses me off...

All you people out there that thinks OPF sux - present one better game that has all the elements of OPF. I´ve played a lot of multiplayergames, and i tell you, this isnt as bad as you think. Sure, compare it to CS, Q3 or any other lame ass game, you can find certain areas that is better (read:join-in-progress)but then think again - is it really comparable? The rest of the game....can U really compare it to OPF. Try to look at it from the other side. What does OPF have that the "Q3-clones" doesnt? Make a f**king list of it and f**king read it over and over again until U f**king get it! (sorry bout the bad language and spelling, Im a little bit upset ...)

ahhh, good to get that off my chest...now im off to another glorious OPF-MPgame...see ya!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Sandman on 9:06 pm on Dec. 11, 2001

This pisses me off...

All you people out there that thinks OPF sux - present one better game that has all the elements of OPF. I´ve played a lot of multiplayergames, and i tell you, this isnt as bad as you think. Sure, compare it to CS, Q3 or any other lame ass game, you can find certain areas that is better (read:join-in-progress)but then think again - is it really comparable? The rest of the game....can U really compare it to OPF. Try to look at it from the other side. What does OPF have that the "Q3-clones" doesnt? Make a f**king list of it and f**king read it over and over again until U f**king get it! (sorry bout the bad language and spelling, Im a little bit upset ...)

ahhh, good to get that off my chest...now im off to another glorious OPF-MPgame...see ya! <span id='postcolor'>

Well, lately I've been playing a lot of IL2, and sorry to say I think this game is way better than OFP will ever be. I still like OFP though, but now it's #2 on my list.

this game totally rocks in a squad. We use Roger Wilco and one of our squad members set up a Team WIlco so we have multiple channels to use.

This is real cool when playing CTF because each team can be on their own channel.

I feel there is no need to worry about OFP, this game will be out for yrs to come.

For those who think that OFP has reached the end of the line, read this quote from David Solari, Codemasters’ Senior Marketing Manager for the US, regarding VBS:

“We are pleased that Bohemia Interactive Studio and Coalescent are working to provide a Military Grade Program for the United States Marine Corps that can be used to help train the American troops. It is a real honour to be involved in such a project and we look forward to continuing the relationship with future Operation Flashpoint products.â€

Not only will there be more patches for the current OFP, but there will be future versions. I'm sure many of the enhancements made for VBS will find their way back into OFP and future versions of the engine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Mister Frag on 8:21 pm on Dec. 15, 2001

For those who think that OFP has reached the end of the line, read this quote from David Solari, Codemasters’ Senior Marketing Manager for the US, regarding VBS:

“We are pleased that Bohemia Interactive Studio and Coalescent are working to provide a Military Grade Program for the United States Marine Corps that can be used to help train the American troops. It is a real honour to be involved in such a project and we look forward to continuing the relationship with future Operation Flashpoint products.â€

Not only will there be more patches for the current OFP, but there will be future versions. I'm sure many of the enhancements made for VBS will find their way back into OFP and future versions of the engine.<span id='postcolor'>

When was this said?confused.gif??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Black Knight on 6:13 am on Dec. 16, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Mister Frag on 8:21 pm on Dec. 15, 2001

Not only will there be more patches for the current OFP, but there will be future versions. I'm sure many of the enhancements made for VBS will find their way back into OFP and future versions of the engine.<span id='postcolor'>

When was this said?confused.gif??

<span id='postcolor'>

The quote is from an official press release on Codemasters' website:

http://www.codemasters.com/news/displayarticles.php?showarticle=781

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Satchel on 8:27 am on Dec. 10, 2001

Hmm,

i assume that at some point all developers move on, doing new projects, that´s pretty normal i guess and nothing to worry about actually.

What a game makes is always the community it has, i´ve been in communities where the game didn´t even featured multiplayer and was NOT AT ALL SUPPORTED by it´s developer and publisher.

I´m talking about B17 II "The mighty Eight" that has the finest community i have ever seen.....there was no multiplayer...so what! We coordinated complete campaigns lasting several months via e-mail and the forum.

The game virtually was doomed to fail from the start, but a good community and it´s flexibility made something big out of it, that actually made fun and was quite immersing, running S2 Intel, Bombing Schools, Parade grounds etc....all via forum and e-mail.

With Flashpoint we have a magnitude of the possibilities and features B17 2 had, online play and all.....but a, from my point of view, lifeless, inactive and clueless  community. The problem is not Flashpoint itself but the people, that put no effort into anything. Most can´t  see the potential of OFP and what we actually got here.

(Edited by Satchel at 9:42 am on Dec. 10, 2001)

<span id='postcolor'>

I think there is a lot of truth in what you're saying... for one, the "kiddies" aren't going to stick around for long... you know the ones... "how high can I launch this jeep" or "how do you like my Bart Simpson custom face"?

It helps to have some military background and a long background in PC gaming to appreciate what this game is; otherwise, its off to "Max Payne" or the Church of What's-Happenin'-Now.

I have been somewhat frustrated by mission-making. It takes me all day to make one simple multiplayer game. A lot of what I should be able to do through a GUI in the Mission Editor I have to do with Wordpad. I have had plans for two mods/campaigns, but with a squad, that leaves me with the decision between sleep and mod-making. Sorry, but sleep wins out.

Personally, I'll be glad to see the kiddies go. This community was much better when it consisted of 20 people who saw the potential in this game. Maybe now the community will get smaller and be comprised of people who KNOW what this game is capable of, though you'll always have the uber-llamas who are here to make comments to undermine the game's popularity and to promote the development of elements that would actually DETRACT from the game, not add to it.

--Uziyahu_IDF

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Satchel on 8:27 am on Dec. 10, 2001

Hmm,

i assume that at some point all developers move on, doing new projects, that´s pretty normal i guess and nothing to worry about actually.

What a game makes is always the community it has, i´ve been in communities where the game didn´t even featured multiplayer and was NOT AT ALL SUPPORTED by it´s developer and publisher.

I´m talking about B17 II "The mighty Eight" that has the finest community i have ever seen.....there was no multiplayer...so what! We coordinated complete campaigns lasting several months via e-mail and the forum.

The game virtually was doomed to fail from the start, but a good community and it´s flexibility made something big out of it, that actually made fun and was quite immersing, running S2 Intel, Bombing Schools, Parade grounds etc....all via forum and e-mail.

With Flashpoint we have a magnitude of the possibilities and features B17 2 had, online play and all.....but a, from my point of view, lifeless, inactive and clueless community. The problem is not Flashpoint itself but the people, that put no effort into anything. Most can´t see the potential of OFP and what we actually got here.

<span id='postcolor'>

I think there is a lot of truth in what you're saying... for one, the "kiddies" aren't going to stick around for long... you know the ones... "how high can I launch this jeep" or "how do you like my Bart Simpson custom face"?

It helps to have some military background and a long background in PC gaming to appreciate what this game is; otherwise, its off to "Max Payne" or the Church of What's-Happenin'-Now.

I have been somewhat frustrated by mission-making. It takes me all day to make one simple multiplayer game. A lot of what I should be able to do through a GUI in the Mission Editor I have to do with Wordpad. I have had plans for two mods/campaigns, but with a squad, that leaves me with the decision between sleep and mod-making. Sorry, but sleep wins out.

Personally, I'll be glad to see the kiddies go. This community was much better when it consisted of 20 people who saw the potential in this game. Maybe now the community will get smaller and be comprised of people who KNOW what this game is capable of, though you'll always have the uber-llamas who are here to make comments to undermine the game's popularity and to promote the development of elements that would actually DETRACT from the game, not add to it.

--Uziyahu_IDF

Hmm,

With Flashpoint we have a magnitude of the possibilities and features B17 2 had, online play and all.....but a, from my point of view, lifeless, inactive and clueless community. The problem is not Flashpoint itself but the people, that put no effort into anything. Most can´t see the potential of OFP and what we actually got here.

<span id='postcolor'>

--Uziyahu_IDF

Hmm,

<span id='postcolor'>

--Uziyahu_IDF

Hmm,

<span id='postcolor'>

--Uziyahu_IDF

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from FetishFool on 10:43 pm on Dec. 9, 2001

BIS seems to be done with Operation: Flashpoint.

They screwed up with holding back the SDK, and they screwed up with net-code.

There's no lifeline for OPF.  Once a person gets bored of the game, there's absolutely nothing that will bring them back.

Even if BIS releases the SDK now, there will be very little groups out there that are still interested in OPF enough to create a MOD.

It might take OPF another year before the hype goes back up to what it once was.

-Kevin

<span id='postcolor'>

It was just announced that 1.4 is coming out tomorrow. How's it feel to be so WRONG?

Fetish , ye are a jerk , and you have now been exposed. Take your false ramblings elsewhere!!!! ; )

This is a response to the guy who was saying things about my RPG mod how it dreamed too bug. #### yeah we dreamed big and we did big. Ever feature you described regarding Operation-X mod is already implemented. Not only that but we have 7 quests a training system where you learn abilities and upgrades for XP, shops to buy mercenaries, weapons, vehicles, and are very near completion. The only magor issue is getting the addons greated which isnt even that hard. RPG Mod is kicking ass so far the people who played it was amazed at all that was done:)

I must also say with the amazing amount of success we've been having with the RPG we are planning to create several more focusing over some great stories.