Sign in to follow this  
Marine_Sniper

I know this might sound stupid

Hey guys, whenever I try to open some addons, it says "Unable to load file. Load error"crazy_o.gif . I know this is because the addon is binarized, but is there any way around this? (to be able to open up the addon)

smile_o.gif This is one of the most asked questions in the comunity And everywhere I find it people say that there is a way to "encrypt" them but until now i´ve never seen any real answer. So IMHO there is no way. If there is a way then anyone please reveal the secret

Just another quick question...When I try to open up the original OFP .p3d's, i get the same message thingy...Is that

normal? rock.gif

Here's what I did.....Selected the original ofp data3d.pbo, used de-pbo on it, started up O2 and seleted mc sniperw2.p3d, and the got the "Cannot load file. load error bla bla bla" message.

Please dont tell me that the original p3ds are binarized too wink_o.gif lol

No, seroiusly, lol, why are my original ofp p3ds binarized? I thought they were supposed to be able to be opened by noob's like me.

The original DEMO files are the ones you are thinking of smile_o.gif

MLOD = the format you can open with o2

ODOL = the format that are in ofp's pbo's... they are unopenable because the format they are in (odol) increase overall performance of the game.

You can open them with the Editor. Then the first word is either ODOL or MLOD.

Ok, im am seroiusly not getting this.....Tell me, step by step (as you would tell an idiot) the process and programs I would use to open up mc_sniperw2.p3d. If the explanation is too long to post here...

smokey7703@aol.com

BTW sorry if i'm gettin' to be a bother. sad_o.gif

Little Timmy: Father, how can I open this p3d file?

Father: Well Timmy, here's the deal. As correctly pointed out there is MLOD and ODOL....the one crucial word that was missed is Hex, as in look at them with a HEX editor!

Now son, here is the link for the files you are looking for:

Demo p3ds

Play with them nicely, because your Mother and I can't afford new ones if you break these. And share them with your younger brother this time, or I'll take them away!

wink_o.gif

wow_o.gif ....................Your one messed up s.o.b., you know that?  tounge_o.gif ( j/k )

BTW I already got those p3ds... (but thanks for lettin' me know bout the hex editor thingy)

wow_o.gif ....................Your one messed up s.o.b., you know that?  tounge_o.gif ( j/k )

The voices in my head say otherwise  crazy_o.gif  wink_o.gif

you need aLone Wolfs xPack tool to convert the demo models for using them in the O2Editor. Tell ne if you need the tool. I will send it to you.

jens

All you need to do is Download the DEMO which is only around 60-70mb.And just unpbo the .pbos that you need.Use the latest unpbo tools I think it 1.5 or something.Or you could Download those files from who ever it is, and wates more time Xpacking the hell out of some .p3d files.But what ever works for who ever works for me.

The demo that you find around the place is usually 1.4X, which has binarized p3ds. It's only earlier versions of the demo which contains the unbinarized p3ds...1.3x and earlier. Trust me, I looked around for ages recently.

BAS has a tool that converts ODOL to MLOD. I asked them if they would release it but they said its not their tool. So I asked them who made it. All they said was "Sorry I cant tell you.".

Thx for the help, BAS. wink_o.gif

BAS has a tool that converts ODOL to MLOD. I asked them if they would release it but they said its not their tool. So I asked them who made it. All they said was "Sorry I cant tell you.".

Thx for the help, BAS.  wink_o.gif

yeah,I think one of my post was deleted because i said something like that.

Please, no rumour-mungering without proof. It causes all sorts of headaches for us mods. crazy_o.gif

BAS have publically denied having any such tool, and that's all we need to know.

I don't want to come back to this thread and find another forum brawl erupting (i.e. take a hint, drop the subject). wink_o.gif