Sign in to follow this  
Marine_Sniper

I know this might sound stupid

there is a decomplier for encripted p3d's which the members of internal editing made ie members of of bas and have it hence the brdm with no top pannels on the top with a machine gun in the opfor packand other things like the oh58 kiwo which bas made is bis's model decripted and modifeid

but they wont release the tool. sad_o.gif

saying that i do have alot of the decripted models like scud and other things which im under strict orders not to give to anyone or tell where i got them from smile_o.gif

i have also heard fo other methods opening them involving a hex editor but have never tried so dont know if it works or not rock.gif but i suspect they wont

Was I talking to myself?

Yes, I remember the thread where OFP Internals claimed to have such a tool. If memory serves, I even posted in it saying I didn't belive them...

BUT, unless BAS raise the subject themselves, I believe it is counterproductive to discuss it. IF BAS have this tool and IF they want to discuss they can start a thread. Otherwise, please don't keep bringing this up.

Any experienced modmaker knows of these things.

I look at it this way...

Just gawk at forum rule 2.1

Bis doesnt like people opening their models, they may have future plans for their addons and don't like them copied just like anyone else.

You don't see me telling people how to open models, for the most part I say..they cannot be opened

all that im saying is that its possible if you notice idont actully

give any details on how to do it, expect for that bit about the hex editor which i doubt would work anyway

I think its really unfair if BAS has such a tool. I also belive that it could be truth. its quite easy for them to brag around with great addons cause they know how it was originaly done and what are the proper steps in creating addons.