Sign in to follow this  
RTR_Commander

IM:UC Mod Thread

Quote[/b] ]typical Iraqi Type69-II tanks

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH, all burned out and shot to shit!

rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]typical Iraqi Type69-II tanks

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH, all burned out and shot to shit!

rofl.gif

hahahahaha...but they were revenged through insurgency tounge2.gif

sounding just as stupid don`t you think? now get back ontopic.

Got some new screens for you - here is the lovely BRDM-2 which was originally made by Offtime, ag_smith and co. We have given it nice new textures for the Iraqis and have improved the model a bit too.

I have pics of a few variants which the Iraqis used but the only one you'll be seeing in the demo is the standard Iraqi BRDM-2 recon version.

brdm2_1.jpg

brdm2_4.jpg

brdm2_2.jpg

brdm2_3.jpg

brdm2_5.jpg

Thanks for the update, looking good RTR_Commander. Are you planning on making any additional variants of the BRDM-2 that Iraq operated besides the ones that have already been posted?

@ April 07 2006,19:11)]Thanks for the update, looking good RTR_Commander.  Are you planning on making any additional variants of the BRDM-2 that Iraq operated besides the ones that have already been posted?

The only ones we have planned of the BRDM-2's will be as follows:

BRDM-2

BRDM-2 RKh

BRDM-2 AT/3

BRDM-3

BRDM-2 Sa-9 Gaskin

There are the only ones i think were used by Iraq as far as i know.

Simply beautiful notworthy.gif

Have you seen the BRDM AT-3 released today?

Excellent, I was hoping that you guys would be making the others that you have listed.  I am at work right now so I cannot consult my references, but going by my memory that list looks complete.

What is the RKH variant? Recon?

The RKh is an NBC reconnaissance vehicle where it has a load of detection equipment and if it finds any chemicals etc it will alert the soldiers. We have plans of implementing this so it is usable and not just a nice piece of eye candy.

@Shashman - Yes i have seen this and it looks pretty good am trying to sort our one out so it is useable like that one as well as the BRDM-3 too.

looks pretty cool smile_o.gif

Do you release the BRDM2 with Demo Mission or alone?

I hope i can use it in soon biggrin_o.gif

Thanks and best wishes

Imutep

Look here

The RKh is an NBC reconnaissance vehicle where it has a load of detection equipment and if it finds any chemicals etc it will alert the soldiers. We have plans of implementing this so it is usable and not just a nice piece of eye candy.

How would you implement this, because so far, NBC warfare is an area of military operations that has been left pretty much in the dark by the addon making community? What would it be useful for? I know it's applications in real life (marking contaminated zones, by firing a rocket propelled flag into the affected zone) but as I said, there's not really any addons that this could be used in conjunction with

How would you implement this, because so far, NBC warfare is an area of military operations that has been left pretty much in the dark by the addon making community? What would it be useful for? I know it's applications in real life (marking contaminated zones, by firing a rocket propelled flag into the affected zone) but as I said, there's not really any addons that this could be used in conjunction with

Yes it has been left in the dark as its quite hard at the mo - i have a few ideas lurking around in my head. Not sure if they will work but when it comes round to it will certainly have a go. Not many addons can be used with this but we do have plans for chemical addons in our mod as they would play an important part. If it cant be done in OFP maybe ArmA will help this.

@Imutep - Thanks for the news post this will not be released on its on but in the demo which is planned. Then you will have a few missions to play with it too.

This looks great, I can not wait for a High Res Desert Storm Mod... Can we get an ETA on release.

to quote myself, on the previous page:

... this again will be released with our demo. but i cannot tell you when this is going to be released. really... we even cannot give you an estimate - only that it is not within the range of a few weeks.

@ Feb. 20 2006,05:33)]...T54/T55 chassis with 160mm mortar in place of a turret...

Apparently this combination did see some sort of production albeit on a small scale.

smile_o.gif

Iraqi_T5x160mmcombo.jpg

missing an update lately? here you go, two examples of what we've done in the past weeks.

brdmint58aq.th.jpgbrdmint45ed.th.jpg

brmd-2 -> complete; kept a few textures from ofpl's brmd

bmdint18ap.th.jpgbmdint23yp.th.jpg

bmd-1 -> ~75% of the interior done. complete rework model- and texture-wise compared to BDM mod's base model

we could need some help concerning the position of the cargo seats. quoting fas.org:

Quote[/b] ]Crew 2

Troop Capacity 5 passengers (+1)

[...]

An internal NBC filtration system provides protection for the three-man crew and four combat troops. Two squad members, including the squad leader [= commander of the bmd], ride in the two hatch positions on each side of the driver, while the remaining three occupy the compartment between the turret and engine.

where are the other three (four?) cargo seats exactly? as you see on the pic i only found sufficent space for two seats huh.gif

bmdint32wp.th.jpg

cheers for any input thumbs-up.gif

-----

http://tanxheaven.com/bmd-1/bmd-1.htm

http://community.webshots.com/album/228961166SAsSfW

Unfortunately I do not have any interior pictures, but here are some other sites with BMD-1 photos. The second one is of the same BMD-1 that is featured on Tanxheaven, but I believe they predate the Tanxheaven photos.

hmmm.... the interior should be OK actually.

bmdscheme0wl.th.jpg

you see there is enough space in fact, but it would be impractical to put the seats right in front of the hatch IMO.

on this pic i don't see any seats there, but it could be due to the angle of the photo.

btw, here's the english translation of that hungarian scheme (thanks to BenceRAP smile_o.gif )

i also don't think that the space under the fuel tanks by the engine is used to hold a seat or something (like in BDM's base model for our bmd). i guess that the interior ends with the bach hatch.

(Sorry, unnecessary doubled post.)

Read below biggrin_o.gif .

This is what I managed to find on Wikipedia:

Quote[/b] ]The compromise made is the extremely cramped crew compartment. Even though it can on paper carry four infantrymen, typically this is reduced to three.
That's why you couldn't find enough space biggrin_o.gif .

What's more:

http://elej.sodkp.net/bmd_imuc.jpg

And now I really don't understand how many people can be inside... 3 crewmen + 3, 4, 5 or 6 tounge2.gif .

It didn't help a lot but maybe a bit at least wink_o.gif . Keep your work up coz your models look really great.

yeah, it's really confusing indeed. i think most of the trouble stems from the fact that some sources consider the squad leader/commander a crew member, others consider them an infantryman. and some simply count him twice.

ok, to sum it up as far as i've gotten it: there are two real crew members (driver, gunner) plus one infantryman who serves as infantry squad leader and commander of the bmd. additionally there are two or three infantrymen, with one of them occupying the second seat by the driver and the remaining one or two sitting somewhere behind the turret. 2 (crew) + 1 (com.)+ 2 (inf) would make a crew of five as stated by some sources. (fas.org says "5 passengers" though :/ )

now... as i can't see a seat on the pic i linked in my previous post and as the bmd was a lightweighted airborne tank, to be paradropped from an antonov - isn't it possible that the russians simply wanted to save weight and installed no seats at all behind the turret, letting the grunt(s) back there sit on the floor? the more i think of it the likelier i find it biggrin_o.gif

I believe the real arrangement is 2 crew (driver, gunner) and 4 carried troops where the squadleader also is the commander of the vehicle. That would place the squadleader + one soldier in front with the driver and 2 infantrymen in the back with some carried equipment and ammo. Since the squadleader also is the commander of the vehicle, he sometimes is counted twice.