Sign in to follow this  
Bluesman

Norway vs sweden (silent heroes)

I just read about this mod in a newspaper. Is it worth buying BF1942 for?

http://www.silentheroes.se/

The concept is based on a fictional clash between Norwegian and Swedish forces while NATO is busy elsewhere in the world (presumably IRAQ).

OFP has both SFP 3.0 and Norwegian units so I guess it could be done for OFP as well. Pity you cant pitch Sweden vs Finland as well (both are RES), now that would be fun smile_o.gif

BM

Sweden versus Norway in 2003? rock.gif

They should call the mod "Northern Numbskulls" - not "Silent Heroes"! tounge_o.gif

Hihi, with the budget cut's the Swedish defence forces reccieved last month I find this conflict very unlikely. A finnish gang of drunkards in mullets who captured Swedish tourists on Åland is more likely. None the less the mod looks nice although a more appropriate scenario involving Norway and Sweden preforming a joint operation on the Kola Peninusla or something. The frost must have gotten to the modmakers tounge_o.gif

OFP has both SFP 3.0 and Norwegian units so I guess it could be done for OFP as well.

Do you have a download-link to the Norwegian units?

Has anybody read Operation Finlandia? tounge_o.gif

The plot goes like this, a nationalistic finn-hating faction gains power in Sweden, they try to liberate the rebelling ?land island and Finland fights against Sweden. Soon the Soviet union and NATO join the fight..

I think it seems really good, the screenshots and the trailer video were nice and the forum's activity shows potential.

Quote[/b] ]The sheer number of NATO forces tied up in the region makes it clear to military analysts that other large campaigns will be delayed or made impossible due to lack of resources. At the same time a group of high ranking military personnel in the Swedish High Command bring out a secret plan laid out in the beginning of the 20th century and begins to update it to modern standard.

A misty Sunday morning in the year 2007, five helicopters drop units from the secret elite special ops group SSG near a base at the border, while a battalion of tanks from regiment P7 enters the country, all according to plan.

The Invasion of Norway is under way!

They've uncovered my plan!  mad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Although it's not really an invasion. We're just going to take back that rightfully is ours  wink_o.gif

Although it's not really an invasion. We're just going to take back that rightfully is ours  wink_o.gif

don't worry, not many know that IKEA is another place where Swedish military can be deployed. so as long as that's not known Swedish Invasion is not compromised. tounge_o.gif

don't worry, not many know that IKEA is another place where Swedish military can be deployed. so as long as that's not known Swedish Invasion is not compromised. tounge_o.gif

Norwegian Invasion: Unböring    tounge_o.gif

Guest ####

Go Norway! Down with the imperialist Ikea furniture Nazi's!

Go Norway! Down with the imperialist Ikea furniture Nazi's!

Man, if only denoir was still a moderator blues.gif

smile_o.gif

Shame on them for not including Finland!

That's part II. After Sweden and Norway have beaten eachother senseless, Finland comes in and conquers both of them. That's probably the only way we'll get Euro in these stubborn countries smile_o.gif.

BM

After Sweden and Norway have beaten eachother senseless, Finland comes in and conquers both of them.

Now thats the spirit tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I agree. Why should we restrict ourselves to Norway? We should take back all that's ours. And if anything is ours, it's Finland smile_o.gif

Please stick to the topic, everyone.

This is not a spam-fest about who is bigger.

You should have known better, Denoir.... wink_o.gif

Please stick to the topic, everyone.

This is not a spam-fest about who is bigger.

You should have known better, Denoir....  wink_o.gif

Actually I'm still hoping someone tries this mod. My main question was whether this mod was good enough to buy BF1942, which so far hasn't caught my interest.

BM

I could, and would download it but since patch 1,30 witch screwed up the sounds (in BF that is) i uninstalled the darn thing.

I could, and would download it but since patch 1,30 witch screwed up the sounds (in BF that is) i uninstalled the darn thing.

Sound Blaster? I have had some problems in OFP too with my SB Live.

BM

1.4 is out you know...

Have you tried that?