Sign in to follow this  
Soldier8Boy

Generic holland by wwiiec

Lol i can take some pics for them if they want:P i am living in holland :P but it doesent look like that any more wink_o.gif

hehe, I'm from the Netherlands too. Where I live (in the east) they still have some farmland, but the buildings don't match the 1940's. And we don't have dead cows to take cover behind biggrin_o.gif

"Generic"

But yeah I can redo it all, I just figured that maybe a release of my generic would do. I was going to release when the site is back up but I'll hold it until I get it redone again. The map is specifically for WWII as well.

hmm, perhaps you don't get the point; we love the way it looks, but we where talking about taking pictures for you guys. And that wold be difficult, since the terrain has changed a lot obver time.

I come accross some 'weilanden' when I'm going to work tomorrow, can take some pictures if I remember to take a cam with me ;)

[edit] nm, just realised that its not really much 'weiland' anymore crazy_o.gif

For my full Holland map, which is done to maps and diagrams, pictures would be amazing. Yes, please.

Some links to Dutch landscape fotos. Mostly nature/ rural areas. Basicly timeless Dutch landscape.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~keesvdm/engels/btf03b3e.htm

EDIT: looking at it again; This is as Dutch as it gets. Holland landscape 101. LOL

http://members.lycos.nl/fotoworks/index-30.html

http://www.ronnotramper.com/dutch_landscape.html

Kinda think of it, no Dutch OFP map would be complete without high res skies  biggrin_o.gif . One major advantage for map designing: our highest "mountain" stands about 380 feet tall.

You do need water though, lotsa water.......

TopCover

It's a generic map, as i have a diagram island of Holland on my computer that is just massive and thus a lot of time. This is to hold up until i can get my attempt at an accurate island done up.

Any suggestions are welcome and i'll do my best to put them all into my beta release which 'should' be within a week. The dead cows are there to add setting and enviroment,

maybe you can add some... Farmers to it so the island comes with some Dutch farmers that work on the "weilanden" wink_o.gif

It doesnt look very dutch (dutch too) smile_o.gif but then again its 1940's and i wasnt around back then wink_o.gif

I live in Holland too, in the the middle of holland and theres much farmland around me. That why i love it. Good job? is Goed gedaan!  smile_o.gif