Fdf mod error problem

Specs:

Alienware

3.07Ghz

1024DDR ram

Pentium4

40 gig max HD, 25 gigs left

-------------

When i see the main menu, The screen is black for a few seconds, then the main menu plays the FDF music, but the screen looks like a Busted vehical (All Jagged, and sharp, not clear at all).

Another question:

The main menu of the MAIN GAME-Not mod, the mouse cursor lags so friggin bad, Mission Editor dosn't lag, the game never lags, just the main menu.

I don't think I have heard about this kind of bug before. BBSmith, when you got some time, follow the link in my signature to the FDFMOD website and post your bugreport in the troubleshooting forum. I think it would be a better place, as this forum is mostly for "standard" OFP:R problems.

If you're reporting a graphical problem doesn't it strike you as common sense to include information about your graphics card? smile_o.gif

Whats wrong with an updated Radeon 9000m 128Meg memory?

Last month this the very best thing for a laptop.\

Well, anyway the download was going very slow, expecially for 3mb cable... It was stuck at 22kbs. and never moved.. maybe it was a corrupted download.'

--------------------------------------------

ANYWAYS, moving on.. How about that mouse cursor deal... Why dose it lag only on the main menu, Campaign menu, MPmissions menu, and Missions menu? And not in Mission Editor, the Campaign, on Single Missions, or on multiplayer?

I just updated mycard.. still got a problem..

But with my specs, i mean i never get lag, even on a 60-60 Tank fight in the desert at close range.. never lags.. but whats up with the menu lagging?

No what I mean is you hadn't provided the information about what gfx card you have, or what drivers you are using, that is crucial information, a very large majority of the problems people have with Opf are graphics card/driver related smile_o.gif

Of Course, well as you know, its the radeon 9000m, and its a laptop.. specs are on top of posts..

What else can i help you with?

The drivers? Dont know where i can go to check that.

ATI.com? nope, all updates are for desktops, ive looked for everything regarding my card.

Radeon laptop drivers are called "mobility", if you'd searched this forum for mobility you would have found this thread amongst others, check out the links I posted in there smile_o.gif

ATI.com? nope, all updates are for desktops, ive looked for everything regarding my card.

ATI it would seem tell you to get the drivers from whomever made your laptop, Alienware want me to log in which of course I can't do because I don't have an account No. I'd suggest you try the link I posted above, if that fails log into Alienware and see what drivers they provide.

For years, I only used IBM Thinkpads at work but because their latest top of the line notebooks contain Radeons, I opted for a Dell a year ago, with a mobile GeForce 440 Go 64MB chip. OFP has worked from day 1 with it.

Otherwise, however, IBM's Thinkpads knock the pants off of Dell's, quality-wise.

Ok, I follow, but lets say i just got my computer and all updates have been installed...

This is only solution to menu lag?

Above is a picture of the main menu..

We can't view it. Getting prompt from MSNUSERS.COm for id and password. Please remove the link from the thread and find a non-protected page to host your pics.

Ok, thats done... But is the only way to fix menu lag done by updating my card? I did, but I still have the lag in the main menu.... As i said, the game it self never lags

That is a ingame pic? Have you tried t&l on/off,w buffer thing in OFP preferences?

HERE! Look, and see this main menu for yourself! THIS IS THE MAIN MENU (Where your supposed to beable to see Campaign, Mission Editor, Exit, Etc.)

Invasion1944MainMenu.JPG

Have you tried alt+tabbing to desktop and back? When I had similar problems with my Radeon that fixed it, if you have problems Alt+tabbing specify that smile_o.gif

TELL ME:

Invasion1944MainMenu.JPG

Does that look normal for a main menu, on ether FDF mod/or Invasion 1944?

They both look similar

System Specs:

Aleinware 3.06Ghz

1024DDR Cosair Ram

Radeon 9000mobile

40.1HD

Windows Home XP

----------------

I have not found an update for the radeon 9000m that would fix this problem and i never found an update for the radeon 9000m at all, if you know of an update please post it here, but not ATI.com because ive looked. If you have any info id appreaciate it VERY VERY Much!