Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Sad news

I never knew him, but I'm still saddened by this... sad_o.gif

I can't believe he died so young... he didn't even get to really enjoy life. To get married, have children, grandchildren...it's really sad...icon12.gif

Oh man... here I go... I'm choking up, now

R.I.P.

sad_o.gif What a shock, a terrible shock. I cannot put into words how bad I feel. The words we have exchanged will live in my mind forever. Lawrie, keep that big LAN party up in the sky rocking for us. You will be missed so much, that it cannot be put into words. I salute you, brave soul. May God bless your soul, your friends and family.

May you rest in peace Lawrie.

Thank you for your contribution to OFP. We shall not forget you.

*salutes*

You do not have to personally know him to still be saddenned by this. My heart goes out to his parents, may they have the strength.

An elderly person's death is not a tragedy and should not even be sad-- it should be a celebration since the person in questioned managed to live so long... We wish something like this would not happen but it does.

Ben

From the day I recruited Lawrie into my first MOD (Afghanistan Conflict), Co-worker for InternalEditing, and WW2Vets, I knew he was a great guy. Lawrie was probably one of my bestest friends that I met on a computer.

One day I asked Lawrie for guidence on an issue that i was experiancing. He gave me the best advise i had ever got on that issue. 2 days ago, i faced that issue. I did better than i thought. I know Lawrie was right behind me and guiding me through it. Lawrie was a great friend. I will miss him from now until i die.

I love you Lawrie. Thank you for your time and your encouragement you gave me. Thankyou for your time to be an awesome friend to me. Dont forget: I WILL make the WW2Vets site for you like I promised.

Note to the readers: Death is a horrible thing for loved ones and friends of the person who died/dying to go through. The best way is to not forget Lawrie for the countless hours of time he gave to us, the community, but is to put your feelings about him on the back of your mind and not talk about him. It will just make it harder than it already is. We will all miss him greatly, especially family and friends of Lawrie.

Thankyou so much Lawrie for all your time and effort. You were a very very very good friend.

*salute*

Swatdog - Best Friend/Assistant to Lawrie

i met lawrie at the time when he was in the line of fire of the community and we have written maybe ten times or so. those couple o´mails where enough to me to see that he was really a good guy! he focused on the subject and was full of ideas!

and those ideas earn my great respect, since they aimed on bringing mod groups together, making addons more compatible.

i really respect him because to me it seemed that modding was always more important than reputation.

it is really sad he had to go... it is really sad! sad_o.gif

Note to the readers: Death is a horrible thing for loved ones and friends of the person who died/dying to go through. The best way is to not forget Lawrie for the countless hours of time he gave to us, the community, but is to put your feelings about him on the back of your mind and not talk about him. It will just make it harder than it already is. We will all miss him greatly, especially family and friends of Lawrie.

Very well said there Swatdog, I share your sorrow. Butr we must move on... Remember Lawrie from the good times, not dwell on the fact that he's gone.

Wow so sad, I come back to this news.I chatted with Lawrie quite a bit, altho my name wasn't listed in his friends list,its surely a mistake.As we worked on some stuff together and even had some stuff planned.I surely will miss his aggressive modmaking skills and management, such a tragic loss to the community and a loss of a friend.I almost wish I hadn't heard the news.Best wishes to his friends and family.

I haven't been around the forums much lately and didn't know Lawrie, but any OFP fan is a friend of mine.

My thoughts go to his family and friends.

Gods speed Lawrie...