Sign in to follow this  
boboNuts

4 island and not factories??

how do the islands get money? their should be factories and railroads!

They're farming communities, thus the tractors, farmhouses and small marinas for distribution of exports.

It could do with some factories or large farms with animals or large ports to suggest fishing is its main economy

they sell weapons and equipment which they steal from the ruskies and yanks

They earn money from logging of course. After all trees fallen over from tanks running all over the place, its easy to drag them around and transport them off the island.

...not to mention hosting the annual Downhill event on Kolgujev... smile.gif

From the island postcards on the main Flashpoint1985 site, it seems the only way the islands could support its economy is by touristism, but after the many conflicts with NATO and the Soviet forces I doubt that anyone would want to visit the islands...

Oh well...

Loggers dont just haul around huge trees without the branches every and off in boats they send them to mills which are usually pretty d*amn close then send them off, mills kind of look like factories and it would make sense maybe we need a few of those.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from MDRZulu on 10:34 pm on Jan. 2, 2002

Loggers dont just haul around huge trees without the branches every and off in boats they send them to mills which are usually pretty d*amn close then send them off, mills kind of look like factories and it would make sense maybe we need a few of those.<span id='postcolor'>

Man - that post could use some commas and periods. I'm out of breath... smile.gif

Here you go: . . . . . , , , , , , : : : : : ; ; ; ; ; ;

j/k

i just think that in a later version or in ofp2(if they is one) their should be more industrialized towns, with railroads and trucks of sort.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from residuum on 12:35 am on Jan. 3, 2002

The real question is how do they procreate with no girls...<span id='postcolor'>

Hahhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa poor them.

Maybe ...

oh no i wont say it tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from boboNuts on 11:25 pm on Jan. 2, 2002

i just think that in a later version or in ofp2(if they is one) their should be more industrialized towns, with railroads and trucks of sort.

<span id='postcolor'>

Actually this post holds one of the greatest ideas for OFP2, should that ever happen. Trains!!

Imagine the possibilities!.

-

--

---

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Unl33t on 12:20 pm on Jan. 2, 2002

they run brothels, with Angelina as their only wh0re

<span id='postcolor'>

ROFL!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from nordin dk on 6:12 pm on Jan. 2, 2002

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from boboNuts on 11:25 pm on Jan. 2, 2002

<span id='postcolor'>

Actually this post holds one of the greatest ideas for OFP2, should that ever happen. Trains!!

Imagine the possibilities!.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, add Thomas the Tank Enginethomas2.GIF

-=Die Alive=-

Nobody gives a #### if there are no saw mills.....do you always sit in battle and wonder what supports their economy....what do you do sit with a pair of I-classes on and take a nap in the forest in the game...makes you feel better than sleeping in your own bed?......you know what this game needs?...like Max Payne...bullet time.......LOL....I'm just joking........

I give a #### that there are no shops,no boats,no woman, no factories becuase these would make it realistic

It's called being PETTY.

Well yeah it would be nice but so what if you see a saw mill sitting over somewhere.....there are no civilians anyway....there should be city's full of people that run and freak out when a battle is going on........

what I hate about the civilians is when they hear a gun or explosion they go prone on the floor and look like they are holding invisible guns mad.gif

Factories would be useful for cutscenes