Sign in to follow this  
erfworm

Implent Hand-signals

I was looking threw the animations and noticed there where hand signals. It wouldnt be that hard to implent and would look real cool to see them giving hand signals. BIS all you have to do is tweak the animations a little and add a couple more and just implent them for when you give commands. Just a suggestion.

It would be also nice if we can modify the choicemenu (in the right corner of the screen). For example: you tip  Ctrl+1 and then you have the hand-signalsmenu. Tip it once again it disappaers. for Ctrl+2 you have for example the constructmode (to be able to construct as in one of the Red Hammer missions) and so on.

I know the first signal I would use is my middle finger to the enemy..........smile.gif

Yes, it would be cool, an no it wouldn't be difficult. And I would prefer it like ctrl+1 for message1, ctrl+2 for msg 2 etc (so a combinations of numeric and a function key).

Sounds like they already have quite a bit of it done if you have indeed found some animations for it...this would be an excelent feature! BIS...please finish and impliment this feature!!!!

But what if you get both your arms shot off??? smile.gif

It'll come in handy on those night missions!

I know! You could wear flourescant yellow gloves!

Ummm...unless of course you guys are talking about those other hand signals; the ones where you shine a torch against a wall and create farm animals with the shadows cast by your hands...confused.gif

(Edited by Bloodshot at 6:54 pm on Dec. 27, 2001)

Try some of these commands

unit switchmove "commandformation"

unit switchmove "commandengageatwill"

unit switchmove "commandfireatwill"

unit switchmove "commandstop"

unit switchmove "commandforward"

unit switchmove "commandholdfire"

The only use I can see is in cut scenes (which you could do already).

Whywould you do it in game? You can already do so over the radio and if you used hand signals you would need line of sight.

Wouldn't it be completely useless?

The enemy can't hear your radio, can they?

If I'm wrong...sue me..

If I'm right, hand signals would be a complete waste of time. You would have to look at the commanding officer

all the time, which is not a good idea, since the 'numero

uno' elementary rule in combat is to avoid tunnel vision.

Why bother??

-

--

---

Notice when you stand up. It takes about 5 sec. for the animation to load. More animation would be useless because it would take even longer on Multiplay and you have to get close to him to see what he is showing.... just use the chat or commands. smile.gif

Guest Scooby

Hand signals are used alot in real life. I was disappointed when I found out that they werent in OFP, not even the most basic ones sad.gif

I think they would come in handy...most people dont use the chat so they cant hear you...if you had a team that was willing to work together the hand signals could be nice for e a 4 or 5 man squad to communicate with.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Suchey on 6:09 am on Dec. 28, 2001

I think they would come in handy...most people dont use the chat so they cant hear you...if you had a team that was willing to work together the hand signals could be nice for e a 4 or 5 man squad to communicate with.<span id='postcolor'>

What do you mean they can't hear you...are you talking about using In-game voice?

If you write a message to your squad/side/vehicle, they can 'read you'. That's not hard to do. If you're in a position where there's no time to write a message, a hand signal wouldn't be much use anyway.

Or better yet...use the radio. It's easy once you learn the commands.

I don't see anywhere in this game that handsignals would be of any use whatsoever. Please give some examples.

I think a nuclear missile could be implemented too, but that shouldn't be implemented either.

(Edited by Damage Inc at 9:34 pm on Dec. 28, 2001)

Hey you could use the hand moves for a dance cut scene with all the troops dancing away to pop music :biggrin:

Guest Scooby

Topic about serious and important suggestion went down to drain because of some immature kids.

Anyone who has been in army knows how important handsignaling is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Scooby on 11:12 pm on Dec. 28, 2001

Topic about serious and important suggestion went down to drain because of some immature kids.

Anyone who has been in army knows how important handsignaling is.<span id='postcolor'>

Would that be me?

No topic has to be totaly serious ypu know life can just be a little bit fun it's a game for christ sake not a matter of life and death.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Scooby on 2:41 am on Dec. 28, 2001

Hand signals are used alot in real life. I was disappointed when I found out that they werent in OFP, not even the most basic ones  sad.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

in Jääkäri we are supposed to get all that and more, i read about the extreme detail they will have in it, to move on skiis, touching a tree at winter might reveal your position (you know how) and other details...not that OFP is bad in any way, but to have a mini war that is as real as they "plan" to make it sounds tempting wink.gif

specially as they make it for mp smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Pete on 3:13 am on Dec. 29, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Scooby on 2:41 am on Dec. 28, 2001

Hand signals are used alot in real life. I was disappointed when I found out that they werent in OFP, not even the most basic ones  sad.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

in Jääkäri we are supposed to get all that and more, i read about the extreme detail they will have in it, to move on skiis, touching a tree at winter might reveal your position (you know how) and other details...not that OFP is bad in any way, but to have a mini war that is as real as they "plan" to make it sounds tempting wink.gif

specially as they make it for mp smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What are you talking about... it's the special forces of finland right? But is it a PC game too? If so please post the url smile.gif

It's a game, but it's not ready...and I seriously doubt it will ever be, just vaporware at least at the moment.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Scooby on 12:12 am on Dec. 29, 2001

Anyone who has been in army knows how important handsignaling is.

<span id='postcolor'>

I still haven't seen an example.

Provide me with a situation ingame where hand signals would be of any use!!

Not possible...

Guest Scooby

One simple example. (S=Squad)

Platoon (three squads) is moving in column formation. S1 is being first squad in column.

S1

S2

S3

As platoon is getting closer to area where enemies are supposed to be platoon leader gives hand signal to change formation.

S1 S2

S3

And again one formation change to squad line when getting closer. Squads are still in columns.

S1 S2 S3

And at last when very near to enemy platoon leader orders squads to spread to lines.

rifle, LMG, Squad leader, LAW, LAW, rifle, rifle (vice sql).

All done with handsignaling, signals go fast through of squads, no yelling and extra wuss needed.