Gistereo

Opfor AI not buying Aircraft, even though he is scripted to

Helllo everyone, recently I’ve been setting up my own warfare mission based on vanilla superpowers, by default AI is not scripted to buy any sort of Aircraft, but thanks to this topic 

I was able to set it up, but it turns out it works only for blufor, no matter what I tried, Opfor AI simply refuses to buy any helicopters and I’m really stuck with this problem. I’ve been trying to:

1) Add more helicopters for Opfor

2) using INS fraction as well as RU one

3) Adding HeliGunship class into the AI commander priority list (in old forum topic there was mention only HeliAttack, even though they scripted both classes)

4) Taking command myself and building only Air Factory (AI had enough money to buy any air unit)

5) Expanding list of available Air Units for Opfor

But not a single thing out of it did help me with it.

At this point, I have no idea on to why it is happening like this, so I am begging anyone who is not as dumb as me  to help me to understand what actually causes it. 
Thanks in advance to everyone!

Maybe it's that you don't have those vehicles in the configuration files?

Here I give you useful information

On 10/9/2023 at 8:48 PM, dalber24 said:

On 10/10/2023 at 3:40 AM, opusfmspol said:

You might be using groups or vehicles, which causes issues in game.

This video on YouTube can help you with properly setting up a basic Warfare mission in the editor.

And this video on YouTube can help you with adding a description.ext file that includes the unique parameters Warfare uses, plus how to add a few custom parameters of your own for extra options.

I'm just starting to put together a third video on Warfare editing now, but don't know how long that one will take.

The videos are set unpublished on YouTube for now, meaning a search won't find them.  You have to click the link above to view them, but that could change later.   (I still have things to figure out about properly setting up my YT account, so that hyperlinks in video descriptions work, and what not.  I'm old, it's confusing).

I started putting these videos together a little while back, after finding out that Darren Brant's blog (which was the go-to site for Warfare how-to stuff) had gone away, as did Armaholic.  As for finding maps, all those I have were obtained from Armaholic before it went away, so don't really know where one would go now.

• Like 1

Hi @Gistereo,

At mission start, vote yourself as commander and set up the base.  Air Teams need a minimum of a barracks and aircraft factory.  Assign some towns as missions, and then switch command over to AI.

Go to maps and watch the Teams panel.  Keep an eye on the Air team.  What does that team do while the other teams reinforce and run off to do missions?

As it turned out, I accidentally always occupied Opfor’s air team slot, so there were no other AI air teams in Opfor. So I simply added one additional player to each side and assigned them to HeliGunship team. 
Thanks everyone for your answers, they were really helpful, without them it would take my dumbass to realise what’s wrong much more time…

Glad you figured it out.  When that happens (done it myself from time to time), another option is to take command and use the teams panel or command menu to assign one of the other teams as Air team, then order them to respawn.

• Like 1