Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

Get ready for some mafia action!

small.jpg

You play as the character Tommy, a ganster in the Morello family.

Don Morello feels threatend by his rival, Don Salieri. His brothels and

bars are increasing in popularity and strengthen his power. Your task is to

liquidate him. It's a difficult job, as Salieri is constantly surounded with bodyguards.

You need:

The FDF MOD (I hope you allready have this)

Lincoln Town Car Black, by Conel Klink

<a href="http://www.opflashpoint.org/downloads/beta/DonSalieri.zip" target="_blank">DonSalieri.zip (The mission)

</a>

Read the ReadMe for whatever info you might need!

Oh and thanks for every one that has been kind enough to

answer my editing qestions (particulary RED.) And AvonLady

for trying this mission and finding some major bugs.

Obviously a Mafia fan. Although couldent u be a bit more original than call him Tommy? I mean thats what the main char in mafia was called and he worked FOR Saleri. Or will this be some strange I am your father twist?

Regardless Mafia is one of the greatest games of all time so downloading now smile_o.gif

The plan was to use voices from the real "mafia" game and obviously it was necessary to use the same names on the characters in ofp. But in the end i decided no to use them (cos' i couldn't get them out from Mafia) But you are right, i could have taken other names =)

Btw this is my first mission ever that i release (and it's a beta) so obviously it may have some faults. The mission also futures an Intro and two outros.

Oh and thanks for downloading  smile_o.gif

Stole his car and went down the road, shot the guy as he exited the church (got the objective 2 completed). Went north to the hideout, nothing happened. So I went back over to where the motorcycle was stashed, got a mission failed cutscene.

Yep, you were supposed to not be able to enter those two vehicles, unfortunately i didn't find a good way to lock it. Stick to the objectives untill i fix that  wink_o.gif

edit: what i don't understand is why you got the lose cutscene... It should start wether you'r in a vehicle or not, as long as the don is killed.

Yep, you were supposed to not be able to enter those two vehicles, unfortunately i didn't find a good way to lock it. Stick to the objectives untill i fix that  wink_o.gif

edit: what i don't understand is why you got the lose cutscene... It should start wether you'r in a vehicle or not, as long as the don is killed.

You could always make the vehicles locked and put

"this moveincargo carunitname" in each passenger's init line. that puts them in there and doesn't let anybody else get in.

Yep but i'd like the don to be in the building, walk out and then get in the vehicle... maybe a very small trigger with "don moveincargo vehice" witch only can be triggerd by the don ... should work smile_o.gif

That's a small fix smile_o.gif

btw does the outro win work for anyone ?

In that case you could temporarilly unlock it for the don.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">vehicleunitname lock false

*have the don move into the vehicle*

vehicleunitname lock true

Okey thanks smile_o.gif

That will keep naughty weasels (like you  tounge_o.gif) out of those forbidden vehicles  wink_o.gif

No offence dude, but im not downloading it if i have to get the FDF Mod.

No way.

What is in the Mod that the mission uses?

Could you maybe make a 'lite' version of it?

Id love to check out the mission, but i seriously cannot be bothered to dowload a 200mb addon that ill use for one mission then get rid of. wink_o.gif

This from someone who's own mission had 5 required addons, including one almost 50mb file.

This from someone who's own mission had 5 required addons, including one almost 50mb file.

ROFL tounge_o.gif

Yeah i get your point man.

But im talking 200. Thats 4x the size of the I44 Demo. tounge_o.gif

Ahh fuck it, ill get the mod tonight or something and give this mission a go.

An idea that he could use is a free ride mode wink_o.gif

Just drive around and kill gangsters, then get guns and shit biggrin_o.gif

That's what the mafia game is for. smile_o.gif

The FDF demo is pretty high quality stuff, I recommend you get it even if you dont want to do this mission.

LOL...

Yea i know it's big, but because it's so popular i decided to use it. It has the ideal buildings in the right location.

smile_o.gif

O man I loved mafia. if some of you guys havent played it, do so, because it has an amazing storyline with terrific action. gj Speedy I liked the mission, although it was short

Yea those ppl better make a mafia 2 or i'll...  tounge_o.gif

Thx yea it's short and imo it would suit better as a small campaign (if ya see the win outro you know what i mean) but i realized that i really dont know much about editing so in the end it could be a pain in the ass to do it.

smile_o.gif

Great mission SpeedyDonkey, you could make quite a nice campaign out of missions like these.

RED

Thanks for the kind words RED smile_o.gif (and thanks for all the help in the editing forum) Yes a mafia campaign could be really interesting smile_o.gif

Trust me, the FDF mod is fantasic!!

Oh and regarding my little mafia mission, make sure you get the latest version posted (same download link)