Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

Get ready for some mafia action!

Played it.

Bloody hell its hard!

I went sorta behind the church, then saved it. Quickly thought up my plan(this is after i died 10+ times).

Anyway, after experimenting different ways i decided to do the dumbest thing. Which was really the smartest.

Just ran into the church, whipped out the SMG and let rip on Salieri and the other 2 Civvie blokes.

Holy FUCK! it was just like Mafia style. Just run and in BOOM.

Anyway, the guys at the door ripped out there guns, so i reloaded and blew them away. Anyway, one of the guards, stupidly, got into one of the cars and just sat there, so i took him out. Waited for the enemies to pour into the church, and took 'em out one by one.

Then i killed the last guy as i walked out, but it wasnt the last guy. There was a guy at the side of chruch. And he killed me. I gave up then :P

Ive got a few very good suggestions biggrin_o.gif

1. IMO, the silenced UZI doesnt really suit the player or the henchmen. And since youre using the FDF Mod, you may aswell use some guns from it.

There is a gun in it called the 'M31 Soumi', and it looks EXACTLY like the Tommy Gun. Even has the drum magazine etc.

2. Give the guards the M31 Soumi, and the Remington870 Shotgun, that you can find in the Mod.

3. Let the Player choose from either the Shotgun, or the M31 Soumi.

I reckon, if you use those 2 guns it will fit the Mafia theme perfectly.

Bloody good mission though. tounge_o.gif

Thanks for the feedback smile_o.gif Yea best place is Inside chruch or behind one of those other city buildings.

I'll definitely play around with the 'M31 Soumi' And unless it's too powerfull or something i'll probably use it instead. Thanks for the tip smile_o.gif

I finally have the money to upgrade my computer. Also I'm getting ADSL so I can download that huge but cool looking FDF Mod.

OFP GOTY lags like hell. The original OFP didn't. I haven't been able to play OFP for over a year now and the idea that I can play it sometime soon is very exciting

smile_o.gif

I've got AMD Athlon XP1700+, Riva TNT 2, 128MB SDRAM I've been thinking of buying Geforce 4 Ti4600. is it a good choice? Any suggestions? Also should I buy more RAM?

Sounds great, I'll play it right away (instead of learning for my exams crazy_o.gif) and give a report afterwards. looking really good!

I'll play it right away (instead of learning for my exams crazy_o.gif)

Good choice smile_o.gif

I finally have the money to upgrade my computer. Also I'm getting ADSL so I can download that huge but cool looking FDF Mod.

OFP GOTY lags like hell. The original OFP didn't. I haven't been able to play OFP for over a year now and the idea that I can play it sometime soon is very exciting

smile_o.gif

I've got AMD Athlon XP1700+, Riva TNT 2, 128MB SDRAM I've been thinking of buying Geforce 4 Ti4600. is it a good choice? Any suggestions? Also should I buy more RAM?

I would say you need to upgrade both, ram is cheap so it won't cost you much more. 128MB of ram is not enough, 256MB is the least you want to have.

RED

Be sure to get DDR RAM too. SD RAM is sucks.

But then you need a new motherboard i think... sad_o.gif

here is some good info about video cards. And yea ram is very important.

Btw i gave the soldiers M31's and Remington's and yes, the mission got a little harder. The guards tend to shoot through parts of the church :-0 So if i release a new version with those weapons (witch i want cos' they are grate) I have to find a decent balance in difficulty.

wow, the mission is really hard. I haven't been able to finish it yet, but I sure I will someday. Only problem I found was that I wasn't able to shoot right after I draw my gun. The ammo-window in the upperleft doesn't appear either. Only if I first drop it, and right away pick it up I'm able to shoot.

btw, since the briefing said only casualties besides the victim are only for self defence. Is it in anyway possible to only kill him, and leave all of the guards (and the priest and the guy in the church and the woman behind the bar biggrin_o.gif) alive? smile_o.gif

Anyway, great mission, you should do some more

Quote[/b] ]The ammo-window in the upperleft doesn't appear either. Only if I first drop it, and right away pick it up I'm able to shoot.
Yea hit "space bar" (or whatever key you use to change weapons with) and it will work smile_o.gif Not sure if there's a way to fix it fully though.
Quote[/b] ]btw, since the briefing said only casualties besides the victim are only for self defence. Is it in anyway possible to only kill him, and leave all of the guards (and the priest and the guy in the church and the woman behind the bar ) alive?

i guess theoretically with alotof luck, yes. But what i ment was, that you dont need to search for them and hunt them if they for some reason would flee... :o)

Thanks for playing and commenting  smile_o.gif

Oh and regarding the difficulty of the mission. several players has found the mission a little hard but im sure that those of you that didn't make it yet, easily will soon, cos' the actual mission isn't very long.

smile_o.gif

Oh and regarding the difficulty of the mission. several players has found the mission a little hard but im sure that those of you that didn't make it yet, easily will soon, cos' the actual mission isn't very long.

smile_o.gif

Indeed. It's hard, but certainly not unplayable. It fun to try different approaches and see if it'll work.

i just ran into the building kill the 3 inside then waited near the door a killed the guys as they came in but i got into a rush ran out and got ikll good mission smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Great, just completed it. Very good mission, and great cutscene's. You should really make some more of this kind smile_o.gif

hehe no need to kill the priest and the other civilian dude, SGTKOPP  wink_o.gif

Thanks, Postduifje. Some day i'll do another mission, and it's probably gonna start where this one ends. But im going on vacation soon so a possible sequel could come in two-three weeks from now. smokin.gif

I just completed the re-done mission. Very well done, especially the outro. Good work. smile_o.gif

hehe no need to kill the priest and the other civilian dude, SGTKOPP  wink_o.gif

Thanks, Postduifje. Some day i'll do another mission, and it's probably gonna start where this one ends. But im going on vacation soon so a possible sequel could come in two-three weeks from now. smokin.gif

they shouoldnt hang out with the mafia then smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]they shouoldnt hang out with the mafia then
You are right, maybe they deserved it.

Oh and FSpilot thanks for playing, im glad you liked it smile_o.gif

Speedy.

Instead of that Limo Salieri goes in, why dont you use the WW2EC 1930's cars? They look exactly the same as some of the ones from Mafia.

IMO, it'd suit the mission alot better.

Just a suggestion smile_o.gif

finally..instead of being a spamming ass, you contribute to OFP community like a good ass do. tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  smile_o.gif

just finished the mission, but since i don't have a long time, decided not to use SuperAI, but keep veteran mode on.

First time, got off the bike, was going to survey the area, but Don  had to leave early, and hastly took out my Uzi. then i realized that it had no ammo, so got riddled with bullets.

second time, went into the church, saw don leaving, took out the gun, and pressed space bar to reload and took Don out as he was about to drive off in the back seat. took out the driver too. however, i screwed up and was shot by his guard outside.

for note, for some reason, the "objective2" done hint window came up as i shot Don. have no idea why, but cutscene did not kick in, so no prob.

third time, took out the gun, loaded it, and took Don out as he was about to leave the door. took a position behind pillars and pew, and practiced double-tap as Don's fatherless boys were running around. result? 10-12 minutes of me in church taking out don's boys. one by one.

came out nice and easy, check all sides of church, where I found 2 guys, also my targets. i tried to take the damn car, but new version had it locked so forget it.(shot both drivers in the car dead) started moving along eastern part of the road, saw several guys, also my targets.

and at the end, saw one guy near the bike, andyou know the rest of story.

nice ending smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The ammo-window in the upperleft doesn't appear either. Only if I first drop it, and right away pick it up I'm able to shoot.
Yea hit "space bar" (or whatever key you use to change weapons with) and it will work smile_o.gif Not sure if there's a way to fix it fully though.

this is a bug with OFP.

I wanna see that bloody ending!

I also got that "Objective 2 Complete" message as well.

Quote[/b] ]instead of being a spamming ass

Don't expect too much  tounge_o.gif

Oh yea i think i messed up those objectives cos' just before releasing i deleted a first, usless objective and forgot to fix the triggers. Luckily the cutscenes anrn't dependent on objects being finnished or not, but it still needs to be fixed.

Thanks for finding that bug guys smile_o.gif