Sign in to follow this  
OperationFPoint

Mouse moves slow

I am running OFP with the highest resolution, with everything enabled and the graphics at full. The problem is that the mouse moves slows and it is hard to aim the gun. It seems that the higer the resolution the slower the mouse. When I lower the resolution the mouse moves faster. Is there any way to fix this or do I just have to lower the resolution?

Thanks in advance.    biggrin.gif

um i have this prob 2 wot u cld do is either lower the res or with the res up high up the mouse sensitivity 2..if uppin the mouse sensitivity dont work then ull have 2 lower the res.. confused.gif

If you have a NVidia card try to disable the "prerendering" with a tool like "nvmax". You can find it under "directx" / "v-sync" / "Frames rendered ahead" if you use nvmax.

Had a same problem. Fixed it by changing to 16bit colour mode (800X600).

Celeron 800MHz

512 Mb

GeForce2

Now OPF Runs smoothly. Also had same problem with Max Payne. Same answer...

Try this, worked for me.

Panzer Jaeger, you wouldn't by chance be using a GeForce 2 MX 200 would you?

this version of the GeForce 2 has alot less memory bandwidth than the newer versions (MX 400, Ultra) and runs like a snail in 32 bit colour mode.

Since you have a Geforce3, fill rate at that resolution and color depth should be usable. You will only be running about 15% below optimal performance at that setting. However because the card is becoming fill rate bound at that setting, it cannot efficiently buffer more than 1 frame of triangle and state data.

Sailor has the best solution. Set the frames rendered ahead to 1 (or zero if you want). Unfortunately this will slightly decrease benchmarking performance, but 3DMark2001 is boring compared to OFP.

The other thing to check is that Vsynch is OFF. If you are using the Nvidia driver 23.11 you will have to use another tool like RivaTuner or NVMax because the display properties one does not work.

You can use lower res and lower color depth to avoid this issue, but all you are just avoiding the situation described in paragraph 1, not getting the most from your card. Remember you are experiencing frame/mouse lag, not a slow frame rate.

My comp specs:

1.74 Ghz +2100 XP

256 MB DDR

Radeon 7000 (it sux, i know)

My problem is that everything else is running but mouse is damn slow. I run game with 800x600 16 bit

Any ideas ?

Search the troubleshooting forum and the FAQ for mouse lag.

Moving to TS smile_o.gif

If you have a Logitech mouse, you might want to try this out:

Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open Task manager.

Close the process EM_EXEC.EXE.

This is the special Logitech MouseWare driver. Don't worry, your mouse will work without it too. It just adds some extra functionality to your mouse like redefining button actions and such.

Then start OFP as usual.

This has helped me many times. For some strange reason, it has some issues with a few applications. The result is extremely slow mouse movements.

I can't remember having had problems with OFP, though.

You may, to avoid having to shut the process down evey time you want to play OFP, try installing MouseWare version 9.73. This doesn't seem to have these problems.

Good luck. smile_o.gif